Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WoolleyDoog just made a great point in a text

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
The Pac-10 severely sanctioning UW in '93 when the Huskies were on top of the world looks even more ridiculous now that the conference is imploding.

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,136

The Pac-10 severely sanctioning UW in '93 when the Huskies were on top of the world looks even more ridiculous now that the conference is imploding.

Oh, the good ole days of the Pac 9. Deja Vu all over again.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

They crushed USC in the oughts

The dropped the hammer, allegedly, on Chip and Oregon

They hate winners

Next week? Soon? @RaceBannon , what are you earring?
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023
    also you really think the SEC would have let the NCAA do what they did to USC if Reggie Bush was at Alabama or Georgia?

"Weakdick conference. Hates winners."

-PurpleBaze
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,272 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the difference was USC and Oregon were sanctioned by the NCAA whereas Washington was sanctioned by its own conference? Which is bonkers business for a conference. In hindsight the move may have been to go independent in 93. I’m not sure if logistically possibly with scheduling though.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023

I think the difference was USC and Oregon were sanctioned by the NCAA whereas Washington was sanctioned by its own conference? Which is bonkers business for a conference. In hindsight the move may have been to go independent in 93. I’m not sure if logistically possibly with scheduling though.

true, that is even worse. Also the real deal conferences have sway and stick up for their own vs the bureaucrats in Indianapolis. SEC powers and big boys get slaps on the wrist... I remember Cam Newton was still allowed to play in the national championship game, etc etc.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

What could have possibly gone wrong with our admins commitment to excellence in athletics?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

The conference colluded with the UW president