Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Ross Retires as NFL Greatness Eludes Him

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Surprised Taft didn't post this. Probably because JRIII doesn't play here any more. Hi Damone!

https://www.si.com/college/washington/.amp/legends/john-ross-retires-as-nfl-greatness-eludes-him

You're welcome Nacho!

DRFS trigger warning for @Mad_Son ...

You're welcome Mad_Son.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Being worth two wins doesn’t go as far in a 17 game season.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,094
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2023

Surprised Taft didn't post this. Probably because JRIII doesn't play here any more. Hi Damone!

https://www.si.com/college/washington/.amp/legends/john-ross-retires-as-nfl-greatness-eludes-him

You're welcome Nacho!

DRFS trigger warning for @Mad_Son ...

You're welcome Mad_Son.

TYFYS... it is important that when Stalin fails us that someone picks up the mantle and the preemptive self-censure is a signboard significant improvement in the process
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So we KNOW that Jack Lockner should have been a safety.

Should Ross have been an NFL CB?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I think his primary downside at WR was that he was pure speed and couldn't hold up physically against NFL players. I don't think a move to corner would have helped. I do remember him making a few tackles at UW, but it wasn't like he was drilling guys or muscling them down.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Game manager Browning backing Ross, Gaskin, Pettis, pre-injury Chico, Darrell Daniels. Backup rb was Lavon Coleman who had taken his game to another level than previous years.

Petersen completely squandered all of it. He put zero effort into getting a QB who could actually take advantage of everyone. With even the Cal transfer or Falk UW doesn't lose to SC at home.

Browning won Pac12 OPOTY over Ross. Fucking embarrassing. Same writers are all over SC and Williams this year.

I was talking to my brother about the NHL awards and how it's incredibly stupid that writers vote on this kind of thing. These guys have a general knowledge about the game but when it comes down to details they show how robotic and dull their analysis is
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

Game manager Browning backing Ross, Gaskin, Pettis, pre-injury Chico, Darrell Daniels. Backup rb was Lavon Coleman who had taken his game to another level than previous years.

Petersen completely squandered all of it. He put zero effort into getting a QB who could actually take advantage of everyone. With even the Cal transfer or Falk UW doesn't lose to SC at home.

Browning won Pac12 OPOTY over Ross. Fucking embarrassing. Same writers are all over SC and Williams this year.

I was talking to my brother about the NHL awards and how it's incredibly stupid that writers vote on this kind of thing. These guys have a general knowledge about the game but when it comes down to details they show how robotic and dull their analysis is
    It's all a joke.

Karlsson got fucked last year because he plays for the dumpster fire haie. That's it NHL writers are Canadian/NE US fucking hacks.

Pac 12 media's treatment of Washington has been a joke. Not that it really matters but it's just annoying.

Fuck USC fuck Utah fuck you fuck me fuck this conference fuck everyone.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

whlinder said:

I think his primary downside at WR was that he was pure speed and couldn't hold up physically against NFL players. I don't think a move to corner would have helped. I do remember him making a few tackles at UW, but it wasn't like he was drilling guys or muscling them down.
    He got rocked by Alabama and fumbled. Not a physical guy at all and had injury issues all through college.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2023
    not sure what is worse... the idiot writers who vote for this shit or the absolute DOOGS (about 90% of the fanbase) who think that Peterman and Brownsocks were both amazing at UW. Can't take another live conversation where they act like both are basically right there with Don James and Brunnell.

think a lot of it is the pussification of Seattle... bunch doughy beta's walking around in Mariners gear.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

whlinder said:

He got rocked by Alabama and fumbled. Not a physical guy at all and had injury issues all through college.
    I'm not gonna knock him too much. He was electric outside of going against Awuzie (6 year good NFL starter when healthy) and Marlon Humphrey with Minkah Fitzpatrick backing him.

He's probably a Top 5 UW WR all-time, hopefully saved his money, and I bet he's a Husky legend this year if he hasn't done it already.
    Great kick returner too.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

whlinder said:

I'm not gonna knock him too much. He was electric outside of going against Awuzie (6 year good NFL starter when healthy) and Marlon Humphrey with Minkah Fitzpatrick backing him.

He's probably a Top 5 UW WR all-time, hopefully saved his money, and I bet he's a Husky legend this year if he hasn't done it already.
    Great kick returner too.
    I thought he was going to take it the distance every time he got a chance.

He had at least two TDs come back for meaningless blocks in the back or jersey grabs. Might have been more than two.
  • Options

chuck said:

whlinder said:

Definitely a UW GOAT but those are the reasons why he couldn't fit in the NFL. He had about one injury free season at UW where he was phenomenal and became a top ten pick. Good for him.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ll always remember the one-handed catch on the sideline in the PAC-12 championship game from a typically panicked Brownsox.

Great college player. Just didn’t have the skill set and body needed to excel in the NFL.

A story as old as the league itself.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Has there ever been a UW wide receiver who had a pro bowl season ?
  • Options

Has there ever been a UW wide receiver who had a pro bowl season ?

The only UW wr that had solid season(s) was Jerome Pathon in all honesty. Don't think he got to a pro bowl though.