Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Ross Retires as NFL Greatness Eludes Him

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So Kearse is the best UW pro?

Considering his playoff record
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He won the Super Bowl repeat until Rusty fucked it all up.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2023

Maybe Paul Skansi when considering playcalling by era? Plus, Skansi never got Lasik.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ross got a shoutout on Pardon My Take
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ross should’ve been the Heisman candidate in 2016. It’s still insane that Browning finished 5th that year
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Petersen completely squandered all of it. He put zero effort into getting a QB who could actually take advantage of everyone. With even the Cal transfer or Falk UW doesn't lose to SC at home.

I wouldn't say Petersen completely squandered all of it. He brought in Jeff Tedford to help advise the offense, which was doing extremely well until he left.

Tedford was announced as the new Fresno coach on Nov 10th. The USC game was Nov 12th.

Tedford was probably involved in weekly offensive game planning for every game of the year prior to the USC game -- that week he was more involved interviewing for the Fresno job.

And Browning was actually pretty damn good until the injury to his throwing arm. The Browning that played in the Oregon game would have beat USC.

But as this board loves to do, all the blame was going to Smith.

The same Smith that looks like one of the best HCs in the Pac9 now.

The same Smith that most of us would love to poach if DeBoner ever leaves for the ND job.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

haie said:

Petersen completely squandered all of it. He put zero effort into getting a QB who could actually take advantage of everyone. With even the Cal transfer or Falk UW doesn't lose to SC at home.

I wouldn't say Petersen completely squandered all of it. He brought in Jeff Tedford to help advise the offense, which was doing extremely well until he left.

Tedford was announced as the new Fresno coach on Nov 10th. The USC game was Nov 12th.

Tedford was probably involved in weekly offensive game planning for every game of the year prior to the USC game -- that week he was more involved interviewing for the Fresno job.

And Browning was actually pretty damn good until the injury to his throwing arm. The Browning that played in the Oregon game would have beat USC.

But as this board loves to do, all the blame was going to Smith.

The same Smith that looks like one of the best HCs in the Pac9 now.

The same Smith that most of us would love to poach if DeBoner ever leaves for the ND job.
    We(?) may have been wrong about Smith but you forget about all the times we were right.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Smith is a doog legend

The ongoing fascination with average beaver coaches

Reilly does more with less reset
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Smith is a doog legend

*We do love to annoint the likeable head men at scrappy little Beav U.

I think OSU has exactly the right guy for them. I haven't seen anything at all to indicate he is or ever would be the right guy at UW. He just the same old Jonathon Smith we had here under Petersen. Good defense with bad, predictable offense and worse situational play calling (helped UW win last year) gets you 10 wins and unmemorable bowl games.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Smith is a doog legend

I think OSU has exactly the right guy for them. I haven't seen anything at all to indicate he is or ever would be the right guy at UW. He just the same old Jonathon Smith we had here under Petersen. Good defense with bad, predictable offense and worse situational play calling (helped UW win last year) gets you 10 wins and unmemorable bowl games.
    Smith's offenses at the Beav are always anchored by the good running backs they always have who I assume are all guys who UW couldn't recruit academically.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Smith is a doog legend

Hip hip hooray!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orXfqKLL2Y8
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Maybe Paul Skansi when considering playcalling by era? Plus, Skansi never got Lasik.
    Lonzel Hill was with the Saints for four years. 136 catches for just under 1700 yards. Not noteworthy by any stretch but '88 and '89 were respectable years. Eventually played in Canada, but still. Reggie Williams, who had more talent in his little toe than Hill ever had, had 183 catches for 2,300 yards, by comparison. No, it has not historically been a position for which Washington! was known.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Smith is a doog legend

Smith's offenses at the Beav are always anchored by the good running backs they always have who I assume are all guys who UW couldn't recruit academically.
    With Pete it was different because of OKG bullshit, but UW uses NCAA minimums for academic requirements.