Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

No Joke: Romar Needs More Time

Which one of you guys is Jesse Kennemer?

http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2014/7/9/5885285/romar-needs-more-time

I'd say that title is a whoosh but the article is a genuine Doogpound material.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,799
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    take this shit to the We Are Now A Football School Again And No One Gives A Shit About Basketball Anymore bored
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    romar just needs to get his own guys in there
  • Options
    this has to be a whoosh. Seriously I am at a loss for words
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Who do you think we can get instead, huh tuff guy? That's what I thought.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Soooooo, this year's incoming class cannot be expected to contribute at all, but 2015's will lead them to a Pac12 Championship.

Got it.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    interestingly, the last UW non-football sport I made time to watch on tv was girls' softball... i could be wrong, but is it possible that the girls' softball team is more relevant than the men's bball team? being serious.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2014
    Meek said:

interestingly, the last UW non-football sport I made time to watch on tv was girls' softball... i could be wrong, but is it possible that the girls' softball team is more relevant than the men's bball team? being serious.

big asses (hi Danielle Lawrie) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> losing, dreckfest-offense doogball
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Have YOU ever blown a whistle? That's what I thought!!
  • Options
    romar is a victim of his own success
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2014
    dhdawg said:

romar is a victim of his own success

romar is a very average coach who lands a superstar every now n then that leads the team to an epic sweet 16 flameout
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,970
    Founders Club

Meek said:

big asses (hi Danielle Lawrie) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> losing, dreckfest-offense doogball
    brb, jo
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't think the article is a whoosh at all ... it's what happens when a lack of reason and accountability is combined with a major dash of doogism.

When you start the article with "Unless you wanted Romar fired after last year, you can't argue for him to be fired next year" you know that you're already lacking in thought processing.

College basketball is a sport where you actually do expect freshman to come in and contribute. You can't on one hand say that this year's crop of frosh in Dorsey, Winters, and Etienne can't be expected to be contributed and then later in the article prop up the 2016 class and say that they should be able to come in right away and provide an uptick in talent.

The 8 man rotation that was spelled out for next year and then following that up with a "losing Wilcox probably keeps this team from improving much over last year's 17-15 mediocrity" is comical. The roster is basically built around NWG (who should be improved and better), a player in Andrew Andrews that has a bit of an identity problem, and a combination of role players and players unproven at this level. That's got 4-5 wins in conference and an under .500 record written all over it.

Even better when the author then goes on to give credit to Romar for dialing back his recruiting to realistic players that he has the talent to go after. If Chris Petersen focused on local recruiting and selected players in California that he didn't have to fight recruiting battles against, he'd be roasted alive for that.

The other fallacy is that you can't make a change after next season. All of the 2016 recruits should be signed during the early signing period prior to Romar being fired. The program is in desperate need of new blood and energy.
  • Options
    DNC is just twisting in that comment section
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2014
    I can't wait til the 2018 class can't be expected to have the instant impact that the 2019 class will have. That's gonna be awesome.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

DNC is just twisting in that comment section

Yeah. FTG.
  • Options
    this dr. hoophead guy is the absolute doog of doogs
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lmfao at the comments
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It reads as if dr. hoophead has invaded the HH comment board
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,093
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The comments are hysterical. BOH rocked it. "I wouldn't want to get your e-mail for a day..."