Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LeBron to Cleveland

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
What I'm hearing

Go Cavs!

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2014
    I just wanted to be over so the faggots in the media will stop talking about it. Well, then they'll switch over to talking about Caramelo A. Never mind...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd like to congratulate LeBron for being the biggest bitch to ever play in the NBA ... he's now officially passed Karl Malone in my book.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I'd like to congratulate LeBron for being the biggest bitch to ever play in the NBA ... he's now officially passed Karl Malone in my book.

Malone can kiss LeBron's rings.

#loser
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If he goes back to Cleveland, I'll probably jump on the Lebron bandwagon.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If he goes back to Cleveland, I'll probably jump on the Lebron bandwagon.

I just want to see him win for his home town. Some classy shit. Life's been tuff in the midwest with the recession and DeBlon brings hope to the kids. The NBA cares!
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    LeBron to Cleveland feels like all those times we thought Mora was coming to UW
  • Options
    Sorry ... I just don't respect a mercenary that jumps teams every few years to go find the situation where he can take shortcuts to rings. That's not how you become "one of the greats" ...

I'd also recommend that people stop kissing LBJ's ass like he's the greatest winner in the history of basketball ... he's won 2 rings and was mighty lucky to win the 2nd ring.

I at least can respect Malone in that he played basically his entire career for one team and didn't jump from contract to contract and team to team searching for the best opportunity for a title. If he would have won one in LA, I wouldn't view him as any better/worse of a player because I don't feel like you get a lot of the credit for winning titles when you aren't a primary cog in the equation and on that team, he was a 3rd or 4th option at best.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Plus, Malone made it clear it was a super late career attempt at a ring. Nothing more, nothing less. I can get behind that idea. HOF career with one team for over a decade, and just could not put it together, so try for one in your twilight with a stacked team...no big deal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Boobs_Or_HarvBoobs_Or_Harv Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whlinder said:

Watching them sit outside his house today actually made me think of that.

Our problem with Mora this offseason is the timing. It would be like if Lebron were a FA after the first title, he's not walking away from that team.

I hate what Lebron is doing personally as he's fucking with two franchises who are making moves thinking he's going there. By dragging this out they'll be fucked too.

I mean if he goes to Cleveland if you are Wade how can you ever be friends with this guy again? You opted out of 42 million over 2 years because he was coming back. Same with Haslem walking from 4.5 million.

If he stays in Miami how can you put the city of Cleveland through this again? They had given up hope of your return. They were happy with a young nucleus but with all this talk they are feeling like they are the favorites. If he stays in Miami this is worse than the Decision.

Either way I'm announcing my resignation as Lebron Dick Rider in this forum(I inherited it after Race died of full blown AIDS, so like Gerald Ford was never voted in).
  • Options

whlinder said:

Watching them sit outside his house today actually made me think of that.

Our problem with Mora this offseason is the timing. It would be like if Lebron were a FA after the first title, he's not walking away from that team.

I hate what Lebron is doing personally as he's fucking with two franchises who are making moves thinking he's going there. By dragging this out they'll be fucked too.

I mean if he goes to Cleveland if you are Wade how can you ever be friends with this guy again? You opted out of 42 million over 2 years because he was coming back. Same with Haslem walking from 4.5 million.

If he stays in Miami how can you put the city of Cleveland through this again? They had given up hope of your return. They were happy with a young nucleus but with all this talk they are feeling like they are the favorites. If he stays in Miami this is worse than the Decision.

Either way I'm announcing my resignation as Lebron Dick Rider in this forum(I inherited it after Race died of full blown AIDS, so like Gerald Ford was never voted in).
    Both franchises are making their own choices. It's obvious Lebron is making up his mind. They aren't making moves thinking he's going there, they're making moves to try and make their case. They both made the choice to pursue Lebron. They have to deal with what the consequences if they don't get him. That's not on Lebron.

All the reports are that Lebron made it clear to Wade and Bosh that he wasn't sure what he was doing and that they weren't doing this together. Wade opted out because the Heat asked him to and promised more money just over a longer contract. Haslem same deal. Although Haslems paychecks might come in the front office.

He's not putting Cleveland through anything. It seems he genuinely is having a hard time choosing. That's his right as a free agent. The fact that everyone wants to hang on every tweet and cupcake store prediction isn't on Lebron.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Sorry ... I just don't respect a mercenary that jumps teams every few years to go find the situation where he can take shortcuts to rings. That's not how you become "one of the greats" ...

I'd also recommend that people stop kissing LBJ's ass like he's the greatest winner in the history of basketball ... he's won 2 rings and was mighty lucky to win the 2nd ring.

I at least can respect Malone in that he played basically his entire career for one team and didn't jump from contract to contract and team to team searching for the best opportunity for a title. If he would have won one in LA, I wouldn't view him as any better/worse of a player because I don't feel like you get a lot of the credit for winning titles when you aren't a primary cog in the equation and on that team, he was a 3rd or 4th option at best.

Lebron already proved there are no shortcuts to rings. And, man, you think going to Cleveland is a shortcut? You know he could force his way onto any team right? If he called OKC and said "trade Westbrook and Ibaka and amnesty Perkins and I'll sign with you" it would be done in an hour.

The fact that you have respect Karl Malone speaks volumes.

What exactly is wrong with trying to put yourself in a position to win a title? What's the difference between going from team to team looking for the best chance to win a title and what San Antonio has done? Those guys took massive pay cuts to help the team have the best chance to win. I don't see you out here complaining about that shortcut.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Karl Malone lost with CLASS! Not his fault that the mail doesn't come on Sundays.
  • Options
    I like bitching about Lebron for chasing rings but praising Karl Malone for never chasing rings. I do that.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Lebron already proved there are no shortcuts to rings. And, man, you think going to Cleveland is a shortcut? You know he could force his way onto any team right? If he called OKC and said "trade Westbrook and Ibaka and amnesty Perkins and I'll sign with you" it would be done in an hour.

What exactly is wrong with trying to put yourself in a position to win a title? What's the difference between going from team to team looking for the best chance to win a title and what San Antonio has done? Those guys took massive pay cuts to help the team have the best chance to win. I don't see you out here complaining about that shortcut.
    LBJ has "proved" there are no shortcuts to rings? How so? He left Cleveland when the going got tough, loaded up his roster in Miami, and now that he's got free agency again, he's basically holding the NBA hostage while he decides what team and group of players he wants to play with. On one hand, you have to give him credit for having that kind of power. But on the other hand, at what point are you abusing that power?

Of all of the "greats" to ever play the game, LBJ is the only one that has taken shortcuts to winning titles. You can disagree with that ... but that's my opinion. Winning a championship is hard work and is something you earn over the long-term with more than just the effort you put into that year.

I said that I had "some" respect for Karl Malone ... not that I have respect for him. He was a helluva player as long as you didn't rely on him over the last 2 minutes of the game.

Difference between LBJ being a mercenary and jumping from team to team versus a team like San Antonio that has had their 3 main players play their entire career for the same team? Or, when everybody talks about the pay cuts that Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili have taken, they also fail to recognize that the minute commitments that each of these players have is significantly less than other great players. They are making a sacrifice to surround themselves with better talent and allow them to get the rest necessary at their age to play at a high level in exchange for a bit of money. Seems like that's working - don't you think?
  • Options
    How is Lebron being a mercenary when these teams he's jumping to aren't very good prior to his arrival and are very shitty after he leaves? Answer that riddle shall you.

Also APAG is right that championships there are no shortcuts as Lebron found out. Everyone assumed it would be easy in Miami. Now I think their four year run was a success but at no point where they dominant. Their closest dominant team was 2013 but they were some fortunate circumstances away from losing in six games.

Also if Lebron truly was taking the "easy way out" he would have joined with either Wade or Bosh and gone to Chicago in summer of 2010. That team had the best record in the east with Rose being MVP. Imagine that team with just Lebron and you factor in he could have brought Wade or Bosh with him? Now that is the team that would be cheating.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

LBJ has "proved" there are no shortcuts to rings? How so? He left Cleveland when the going got tough, loaded up his roster in Miami, and now that he's got free agency again, he's basically holding the NBA hostage while he decides what team and group of players he wants to play with. On one hand, you have to give him credit for having that kind of power. But on the other hand, at what point are you abusing that power?

Of all of the "greats" to ever play the game, LBJ is the only one that has taken shortcuts to winning titles. You can disagree with that ... but that's my opinion. Winning a championship is hard work and is something you earn over the long-term with more than just the effort you put into that year.

I said that I had "some" respect for Karl Malone ... not that I have respect for him. He was a helluva player as long as you didn't rely on him over the last 2 minutes of the game.

Difference between LBJ being a mercenary and jumping from team to team versus a team like San Antonio that has had their 3 main players play their entire career for the same team? Or, when everybody talks about the pay cuts that Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili have taken, they also fail to recognize that the minute commitments that each of these players have is significantly less than other great players. They are making a sacrifice to surround themselves with better talent and allow them to get the rest necessary at their age to play at a high level in exchange for a bit of money. Seems like that's working - don't you think?
    You realize that Lebron, Wade and Bosh all took less money to go to Miami right? They took less so they could sign other players as well. But you don't mention that sacrifice. Or that Lebron played heavy minutes this season, coming off three straight Finals, in an effort to keep Wade healthy for the playoffs. That was as much of a sacrifice as playing less minutes. You could argue more so.

What part of the last 4 years for Miami has looked like a shortcut? Was it losing in the Finals the first year? That sounds like a shortcut to winning a title, not winning one. Maybe it was Boston taking them 7 games in year 2. A series that included probably the greatest single game performance of all time. Or Indiana and San Antonio taking them 7 in year 3. Game 6 against SA that year was over if the Spurs make their free throws. Losing again in year 4. Hell of a shortcut.

I do think that the Miami guys thought it would be a shortcut. That they would show up and just win year after year. But they were wrong. Chris Bosh was asked after the first year "what was the biggest surprise of your first season together?" and he said "that it was so hard". They thought it would be a shortcut but they learned that there are no shortcuts in that league. You can hate on him for taking what he thought was a shortcut the first time, if you want. But going to Cleveland would not be going to some loaded up roster because you want a shortcut. Neither would going back to Miami at this point.

He's not holding anyone hostage. Every team is free to do whatever they want. If teams want to wait around to see what his does, how is that his fault? This is what free agency is. He can take as long as he wants to make up his mind.
  • Options
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lebron-james-shouldnt-stay-in-miami-or-go-to-cleveland/

This guy has good data about this past Miami team. I didn't realize how rare it could have been had they won the title as only once has a team had 54 wins won an NBA title.

Anyways, if there was ever any doubt as who the best player is I think this free agency is proving that with Lebron holding up all of free agency.

Now I think if he wants to in two years Durant can do that too.

I mean Melo, Bosh, Gasol, are all waiting on what decision Lebron James makes.