Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LeBron to Cleveland

13»

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! WEVE DONE IT!!!! HES BACK!!!!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Better start working on that alllebronalljames handle
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I fucking tried. But this tit dirt website won't send me an email confirmation.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Sorry ... I just don't respect a mercenary that jumps teams every few years to go find the situation where he can take shortcuts to rings. That's not how you become "one of the greats" ...

I'd also recommend that people stop kissing LBJ's ass like he's the greatest winner in the history of basketball ... he's won 2 rings and was mighty lucky to win the 2nd ring.

I at least can respect Malone in that he played basically his entire career for one team and didn't jump from contract to contract and team to team searching for the best opportunity for a title. If he would have won one in LA, I wouldn't view him as any better/worse of a player because I don't feel like you get a lot of the credit for winning titles when you aren't a primary cog in the equation and on that team, he was a 3rd or 4th option at best.

Lebron already proved there are no shortcuts to rings. And, man, you think going to Cleveland is a shortcut? You know he could force his way onto any team right? If he called OKC and said "trade Westbrook and Ibaka and amnesty Perkins and I'll sign with you" it would be done in an hour.

The fact that you have respect Karl Malone speaks volumes.

What exactly is wrong with trying to put yourself in a position to win a title? What's the difference between going from team to team looking for the best chance to win a title and what San Antonio has done? Those guys took massive pay cuts to help the team have the best chance to win. I don't see you out here complaining about that shortcut.
    LBJ has "proved" there are no shortcuts to rings? How so? He left Cleveland when the going got tough, loaded up his roster in Miami, and now that he's got free agency again, he's basically holding the NBA hostage while he decides what team and group of players he wants to play with. On one hand, you have to give him credit for having that kind of power. But on the other hand, at what point are you abusing that power?

Of all of the "greats" to ever play the game, LBJ is the only one that has taken shortcuts to winning titles. You can disagree with that ... but that's my opinion. Winning a championship is hard work and is something you earn over the long-term with more than just the effort you put into that year.

I said that I had "some" respect for Karl Malone ... not that I have respect for him. He was a helluva player as long as you didn't rely on him over the last 2 minutes of the game.

Difference between LBJ being a mercenary and jumping from team to team versus a team like San Antonio that has had their 3 main players play their entire career for the same team? Or, when everybody talks about the pay cuts that Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili have taken, they also fail to recognize that the minute commitments that each of these players have is significantly less than other great players. They are making a sacrifice to surround themselves with better talent and allow them to get the rest necessary at their age to play at a high level in exchange for a bit of money. Seems like that's working - don't you think?
    You realize that Lebron, Wade and Bosh all took less money to go to Miami right? They took less so they could sign other players as well. But you don't mention that sacrifice. Or that Lebron played heavy minutes this season, coming off three straight Finals, in an effort to keep Wade healthy for the playoffs. That was as much of a sacrifice as playing less minutes. You could argue more so.

What part of the last 4 years for Miami has looked like a shortcut? Was it losing in the Finals the first year? That sounds like a shortcut to winning a title, not winning one. Maybe it was Boston taking them 7 games in year 2. A series that included probably the greatest single game performance of all time. Or Indiana and San Antonio taking them 7 in year 3. Game 6 against SA that year was over if the Spurs make their free throws. Losing again in year 4. Hell of a shortcut.

I do think that the Miami guys thought it would be a shortcut. That they would show up and just win year after year. But they were wrong. Chris Bosh was asked after the first year "what was the biggest surprise of your first season together?" and he said "that it was so hard". They thought it would be a shortcut but they learned that there are no shortcuts in that league. You can hate on him for taking what he thought was a shortcut the first time, if you want. But going to Cleveland would not be going to some loaded up roster because you want a shortcut. Neither would going back to Miami at this point.

He's not holding anyone hostage. Every team is free to do whatever they want. If teams want to wait around to see what his does, how is that his fault? This is what free agency is. He can take as long as he wants to make up his mind.
    1) You say that LBJ, Wade, and Bosh all took less money to go to Miami. You do realize that that had to do with the fact that the ONLY way that they could pull it off through FREE AGENCY was to take a little less than the max so that they could all fit under the cap. It's easy to go OVER the cap when you are making trades, resigning your own free agents, etc. But you aren't supposed to build your team through free agency and when you gut your cap space to nothing what you've essentially done is forced yourself into a hard cap situation at least for that initial first year. Tell me one player that Miami signed outside of the LBJ, Wade, and Bosh grouping that came as a free agent over the last 4 years that signed for greater than a mid-level or veteran exception?

2) You are right that LBJ played heavy minutes this season and that Wade was rested so that he could be fresh for the playoffs. That's not a sacrifice LBJ made. That's a reality of his team lacking the depth necessary to be able to rest their key players who had spent 3 straight years playing 100 games a season. LBJ needed every bit of picking his spots possible. However, even in a dreckfested Eastern Conference, Miami was only able to win 54 games as it was and that is what required LBJ to play such heavy minutes. Your logic here is completely backwards.

3) You make a comment saying "how did Miami take a shortcut" and then in your next comment basically admit and confirm that they didn't realize how hard winning a title was and that they were trying to take a shortcut. Isn't that confirming the point that I made?

4) This "he's not going to Cleveland because look at that roster and there's no way that it isn't loaded" etc argument is BS. The roster that is sitting in Cleveland today WILL NOT be the roster that is there Game #1 of the season. My guess is that you are going to see a package that contains some combo of Wiggins, Bennett, Tristan Thompson and at least a future #1 go to Minnesota for Kevin Love. The Cavs will have a starting lineup of Irving (young buck with a ton of talent that needs to learn how to win and play without the ball), Waiters (young buck that can fill it up), LBJ, Love (better at this point of his career than Bosh), and Anderson Varejao (who when healthy is quietly one of the better bigs in the NBA). You know that they are going to be able to add at least a couple of free agent pieces that are chasing rings. That's a roster that is far stronger than anything that Miami could have built at this point. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014

whlinder said:

LeBron to Cleveland feels like all those times we thought Mora was coming to UW

Watching them sit outside his house today actually made me think of that.

Our problem with Mora this offseason is the timing. It would be like if Lebron were a FA after the first title, he's not walking away from that team.

I hate what Lebron is doing personally as he's fucking with two franchises who are making moves thinking he's going there. By dragging this out they'll be fucked too.

I mean if he goes to Cleveland if you are Wade how can you ever be friends with this guy again? You opted out of 42 million over 2 years because he was coming back. Same with Haslem walking from 4.5 million.

If he stays in Miami how can you put the city of Cleveland through this again? They had given up hope of your return. They were happy with a young nucleus but with all this talk they are feeling like they are the favorites. If he stays in Miami this is worse than the Decision.

Either way I'm announcing my resignation as Lebron Dick Rider in this forum(I inherited it after Race died of full blown AIDS, so like Gerald Ford was never voted in).
    It's a business. For him and the teams. Jesus. It's fucking entertainment. Some of you dumbfucks act like it affects your life and think it matters if you like James or not. It doesn't.

"Put the city of Cleveland though this". Lol. How will they manage? Christ.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Sorry ... I just don't respect a mercenary that jumps teams every few years to go find the situation where he can take shortcuts to rings. That's not how you become "one of the greats" ...

I'd also recommend that people stop kissing LBJ's ass like he's the greatest winner in the history of basketball ... he's won 2 rings and was mighty lucky to win the 2nd ring.

I at least can respect Malone in that he played basically his entire career for one team and didn't jump from contract to contract and team to team searching for the best opportunity for a title. If he would have won one in LA, I wouldn't view him as any better/worse of a player because I don't feel like you get a lot of the credit for winning titles when you aren't a primary cog in the equation and on that team, he was a 3rd or 4th option at best.

Lebron already proved there are no shortcuts to rings. And, man, you think going to Cleveland is a shortcut? You know he could force his way onto any team right? If he called OKC and said "trade Westbrook and Ibaka and amnesty Perkins and I'll sign with you" it would be done in an hour.

The fact that you have respect Karl Malone speaks volumes.

What exactly is wrong with trying to put yourself in a position to win a title? What's the difference between going from team to team looking for the best chance to win a title and what San Antonio has done? Those guys took massive pay cuts to help the team have the best chance to win. I don't see you out here complaining about that shortcut.
    LBJ has "proved" there are no shortcuts to rings? How so? He left Cleveland when the going got tough, loaded up his roster in Miami, and now that he's got free agency again, he's basically holding the NBA hostage while he decides what team and group of players he wants to play with. On one hand, you have to give him credit for having that kind of power. But on the other hand, at what point are you abusing that power?

Of all of the "greats" to ever play the game, LBJ is the only one that has taken shortcuts to winning titles. You can disagree with that ... but that's my opinion. Winning a championship is hard work and is something you earn over the long-term with more than just the effort you put into that year.

I said that I had "some" respect for Karl Malone ... not that I have respect for him. He was a helluva player as long as you didn't rely on him over the last 2 minutes of the game.

Difference between LBJ being a mercenary and jumping from team to team versus a team like San Antonio that has had their 3 main players play their entire career for the same team? Or, when everybody talks about the pay cuts that Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili have taken, they also fail to recognize that the minute commitments that each of these players have is significantly less than other great players. They are making a sacrifice to surround themselves with better talent and allow them to get the rest necessary at their age to play at a high level in exchange for a bit of money. Seems like that's working - don't you think?
    You realize that Lebron, Wade and Bosh all took less money to go to Miami right? They took less so they could sign other players as well. But you don't mention that sacrifice. Or that Lebron played heavy minutes this season, coming off three straight Finals, in an effort to keep Wade healthy for the playoffs. That was as much of a sacrifice as playing less minutes. You could argue more so.

What part of the last 4 years for Miami has looked like a shortcut? Was it losing in the Finals the first year? That sounds like a shortcut to winning a title, not winning one. Maybe it was Boston taking them 7 games in year 2. A series that included probably the greatest single game performance of all time. Or Indiana and San Antonio taking them 7 in year 3. Game 6 against SA that year was over if the Spurs make their free throws. Losing again in year 4. Hell of a shortcut.

I do think that the Miami guys thought it would be a shortcut. That they would show up and just win year after year. But they were wrong. Chris Bosh was asked after the first year "what was the biggest surprise of your first season together?" and he said "that it was so hard". They thought it would be a shortcut but they learned that there are no shortcuts in that league. You can hate on him for taking what he thought was a shortcut the first time, if you want. But going to Cleveland would not be going to some loaded up roster because you want a shortcut. Neither would going back to Miami at this point.

He's not holding anyone hostage. Every team is free to do whatever they want. If teams want to wait around to see what his does, how is that his fault? This is what free agency is. He can take as long as he wants to make up his mind.
    DONT YOU SEE IT!? The doogs here are still hanging on to their shit. They are mad because James isn't doing it the right way.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Not everything is about the $$$
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    Tequilla said:

In this case it is. As it should be. $$ and rings..

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

In this case it is. As it should be. $$ and rings..

And Manziel. Don't forget about the role he played in getting LeBron home.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

1. All of the players are mercenaries.
    2. You are a mercenary.
    3. Trying to win championships and making a huge amount of money is why he does it
    4. You would do the same thing
    5. My guess is that you do the same thing. You work for your benefit. Professionally and monetarily.
    6.?
    7. profit.

He doesn't make tens of millions of dollars a year. Well I really doubt he does, no offense Tequila. I don't think there are too many one percenters or. 1 posting on this board. So it's not the same thing. These guys are set for life unless they are really stupid with their money. Plus Baby Bron James probably makes 10 million dollars a year in endorsements, if not more.

People making $60,000 a year trying to pay off a mortgage, car loans, student loans etc. certainly have the right to bargain for, or apply elsewhere for more money, but they're doing it out of way more need.

• Options
    Boobs_Or_HarvBoobs_Or_Harv Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

RIP, #Race'sHeat

Good riddance.

Anyone else read the SI piece and think LeBron not mentioning Andrew Wiggins speaks volumes? Love to Cleveland.

As Brian Windhorst noted Lebron spent several days carefully crafting his words knowing it was going to be dissected. That wasn't a mistake at all.

Cleveland will get Love whether it means trading Wiggins or not. They have too many fucking assets and draft picks(including the Heat's first rounder next year) for this not to happen.

Love would also resign there because no big man who is a skilled player like he is would dare pass up playing for Lebron.