Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

90-11

124»

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Peterman was 90-11 at Boise too or some shit....

You could argue DeBoner just had a better season in Year 1 than Peterman ever did at UW (2016 Semi's curb stomping up for debate)... no argument Year 1 was better than the other 5 seasons of Peterman.
    Dumbass take

2016 point differential was +24/game and lost to one of Saban's best teams in the playoff and they had a good offense with an elite defense

Last year was a fun Big 12 team that had a +14/game point differential against an easier schedule and didn't punk Oregon by 50

2016s team would beat last year's team 9/10 times
    2016 team destroys last year’s. It would likely be bad. As good as last year’s offense was, the secondary would get absolutely shredded by Ross and Pettis. Last year’s team would have to score 40+ to beat 2016 and that wouldn’t happen.
    Agree. UW looked helpless on defense at times last year. Dealing with Gaskin, Ross, Pettis, under the steely countenance of J. Smith...
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,906 Founders Club
    haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Peterman was 90-11 at Boise too or some shit....

You could argue DeBoner just had a better season in Year 1 than Peterman ever did at UW (2016 Semi's curb stomping up for debate)... no argument Year 1 was better than the other 5 seasons of Peterman.
    Dumbass take

2016 point differential was +24/game and lost to one of Saban's best teams in the playoff and they had a good offense with an elite defense

Last year was a fun Big 12 team that had a +14/game point differential against an easier schedule and didn't punk Oregon by 50

2016s team would beat last year's team 9/10 times
    2016 team destroys last year’s. It would likely be bad. As good as last year’s offense was, the secondary would get absolutely shredded by Ross and Pettis. Last year’s team would have to score 40+ to beat 2016 and that wouldn’t happen.
    It's hard to say. 2016 team barely beat Arizona and sucked in every big moment outside of Pettis bailing them out in Salt Lake City.

Overall, they were better. With Mathis and Victor out, I don't know.
    Put it this way. Besides for Penix is there any substantial part of last year's team that was better?

2016 had better defense all the way through except maybe Edge. Offense was on par but had MMFG and a lesser QB
    Besides Penix over Browning...

I'm saying it's a debate. It's not a sure thing.

2016 at their peak was better. But they lost every challenging moment and without Mathis and Victor, it's a discussion.

2022 UW has a better win without question.
    Really curious what you are considering 2022's best win. At Oregon I guess?

Is squeaking out a win at the team who finished #15 better than beating the brakes off the team that finished #12 at home?

There's an argument but it's not close to "without question".
    #6 on the road and ended a 20+ home game winning streak.

I don't think it can be argued.

Stanford finishing #12 is kind of a joke. Get SC with Max Brown, get destroyed by WSU and then scored 5 points against Colorado. There weren't even a contender in the North, let alone the conference that year they just beat a bunch of shitty teams and won a limp dick bowl against Carolina. Reminds me of another team.

Hell, beating Oregon State last year was more impressive. And I was at the Stanford game and dooged as hard as anyone because we were finally BACK.
    If we're going by ranking at the time (which is fucking stupid) 44-6 over #7 easily beats 37-34 over #6. EASILY.

And no, beating Oregon State last year was not more impressive than beating Stanford in 2016. Stanford was still a machine in 2016.
    Stanford was only ranked like that because of their previous year. They weren't even a divisional contender. They got destroyed by every team that was good in the conference besides the SC which didn't feature Darnold. WSU throttled them the same way, in Palo Alto. 5 points against Colorado. JC.

It was a great moment for Washington, no question.
    That was 5 points against the Harley Davidson defense.