Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

90-11

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Peterman was 90-11 at Boise too or some shit....

You could argue DeBoner just had a better season in Year 1 than Peterman ever did at UW (2016 Semi's curb stomping up for debate)... no argument Year 1 was better than the other 5 seasons of Peterman.
    Dumbass take

2016 point differential was +24/game and lost to one of Saban's best teams in the playoff and they had a good offense with an elite defense

Last year was a fun Big 12 team that had a +14/game point differential against an easier schedule and didn't punk Oregon by 50

2016s team would beat last year's team 9/10 times
    saying you could argue it makes it a dumbass take? Never took you as a douche. Guess I was wrong.
    dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

You could argue DeBoner just had a better season in Year 1 than Peterman ever did at UW (2016 Semi's curb stomping up for debate)... no argument Year 1 was better than the other 5 seasons of Peterman.
    Dumbass take

2016 point differential was +24/game and lost to one of Saban's best teams in the playoff and they had a good offense with an elite defense

Last year was a fun Big 12 team that had a +14/game point differential against an easier schedule and didn't punk Oregon by 50

Tough day at work?

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

2016 team destroys last year’s. It would likely be bad. As good as last year’s offense was, the secondary would get absolutely shredded by Ross and Pettis. Last year’s team would have to score 40+ to beat 2016 and that wouldn’t happen.
    It's hard to say. 2016 team barely beat Arizona and sucked in every big moment outside of Pettis bailing them out in Salt Lake City.

Overall, they were better. With Mathis and Victor out, I don't know.
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

2016 team destroys last year’s. It would likely be bad. As good as last year’s offense was, the secondary would get absolutely shredded by Ross and Pettis. Last year’s team would have to score 40+ to beat 2016 and that wouldn’t happen.
    It's hard to say. 2016 team barely beat Arizona and sucked in every big moment outside of Pettis bailing them out in Salt Lake City.

Put it this way. Besides for Penix is there any substantial part of last year's team that was better?

2016 had better defense all the way through except maybe Edge. Offense was on par but had MMFG and a lesser QB
    edited July 2023
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

Put it this way. Besides for Penix is there any substantial part of last year's team that was better?

2016 had better defense all the way through except maybe Edge. Offense was on par but had MMFG and a lesser QB
    Besides Penix over Browning...

I'm saying it's a debate. It's not a sure thing.

2016 at their peak was better. But they lost every challenging moment and without Mathis and Victor, it's a discussion.

2022 UW has a better win without question.
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

2016 at their peak was better. But they lost every challenging moment and without Mathis and Victor, it's a discussion.

I don't think you are factoring in the defensive difference. 2016 was a top 5 defense. That's otherworldly compared to last year.

As far as wins I guess the Texass win was nice but 2016 has 2 blow out wins against top 10 ranked PAC teams so thats not definitely a better win
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    My original dumbass take was not one on "who would win" or "which roster was better", but that you could argue that DeBoner had the better season. Year 1 of a pretty good mess inherited roster wise following Jimmy Sewage Lagoon.

edited July 2023
    gmo said:

My original dumbass take was not one on "who would win" or "which roster was better", but that you could argue that DeBoner had the better season. Year 1 of a pretty good mess inherited roster wise following Jimmy Sewage Lagoon.

Fair. Wouldn't you have rather not lost to ASU and instead Beat SC in the CCG and lost to Georgia in the playoff last year?
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

gmo said:

Fair. Wouldn't you have rather not lost to ASU and instead Beat SC in the CCG and lost to Georgia in the playoff last year?
    That makes for a fun “where would that hypothetical outcome be seeded”.

I would say #3 in front of TCU.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

One thing not being considered is how tight the 2016 team played (credit Petersen) VS how loose Deboers team played. Talent wise 2016 wins but on the field I believe Deboers squad wins by culture alone. Just ask Evan Weaver about that.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

I don't think you are factoring in the defensive difference. 2016 was a top 5 defense. That's otherworldly compared to last year.

As far as wins I guess the Texass win was nice but 2016 has 2 blow out wins against top 10 ranked PAC teams so thats not definitely a better win
    AGAINST PAC 12 teams!

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

AGAINST PAC 12 teams!
    Come on Texass would have gone 9-3 in the PAC last year and only if they dodged one of the good teams. The wins against the Oregon schools were potentially more impressive in hindsight. Just my dumbass take
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,756 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

How about this dumbass take?

UW beat the Horns, who had a Kwat defense full of coveted recruits and a retard calling the plays for a super talented offense. Was there that much difference?
    UT wins with bijon in the game because the ratard would run the same play over and over and that D wouldn’t have stopped it.

DATOTD.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

UW beat the Horns, who had a Kwat defense full of coveted recruits and a retard calling the plays for a super talented offense. Was there that much difference?
    UT wins with bijon in the game because the ratard would run the same play over and over and that D wouldn’t have stopped it.

DATOTD.
    Disagree

This is Sark coaching the O. He would've abandoned the run in the 2nd quarter and lost the game that way

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

DATOTD.
    Disagree

This is Sark coaching the O. He would've abandoned the run in the 2nd quarter and lost the game that way
    Funny how DeBoer's players were all willing to play. It's almost like some guys know their coach is a clown fuck and won't put their career on the line for that.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

gmo said:

Sure, i'd always rather get into the playoffs even though "we" would have gotten ass blasted by Georgia.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

Really curious what you are considering 2022's best win. At Oregon I guess?

Is squeaking out a win at the team who finished #15 better than beating the brakes off the team that finished #12 at home?

There's an argument but it's not close to "without question".
    edited July 2023
    dnc said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

Is squeaking out a win at the team who finished #15 better than beating the brakes off the team that finished #12 at home?

#6 on the road and ended a 20+ home game winning streak.

I don't think it can be argued.

Stanford finishing #12 is kind of a joke. Get SC with Max Brown, get destroyed by WSU and then scored 5 points against Colorado. There weren't even a contender in the North, let alone the conference that year they just beat a bunch of shitty teams and won a limp dick bowl against Carolina. Reminds me of another team.

Hell, beating Oregon State last year was more impressive. And I was at the Stanford game and dooged as hard as anyone because we were finally BACK.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

Stanford finishing #12 is kind of a joke. Get SC with Max Brown, get destroyed by WSU and then scored 5 points against Colorado. There weren't even a contender in the North, let alone the conference that year they just beat a bunch of shitty teams and won a limp dick bowl against Carolina. Reminds me of another team.

Hell, beating Oregon State last year was more impressive. And I was at the Stanford game and dooged as hard as anyone because we were finally BACK.
    If we're going by ranking at the time (which is fucking stupid) 44-6 over #7 easily beats 37-34 over #6. EASILY.

And no, beating Oregon State last year was not more impressive than beating Stanford in 2016. Stanford was still a machine in 2016.
    edited July 2023
    dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

dannarc said:

Dumbass take

If we're going by ranking at the time (which is fucking stupid) 44-6 over #7 easily beats 37-34 over #6. EASILY.

And no, beating Oregon State last year was not more impressive than beating Stanford in 2016. Stanford was still a machine in 2016.
    Stanford was only ranked like that because of their previous year. They weren't even a divisional contender. They got destroyed by every team that was good in the conference besides the SC which didn't feature Darnold. WSU throttled them the same way, in Palo Alto. 5 points against Colorado. JC.

It was a great moment for Washington, no question.