Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Drinking beer and listening to the classics

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Costco Oktoberfest is here you fancy pants beer pussies.

Hopefully they do their German advent calendar again this year.
    I bought the case of various Spaten biers. IFL that stuff. I am a fucking kraut. We don’t drink bourbon barrel stouts.
    #MeToo

With the advent calendar you will see that it doesn't matter which style if beer, German beers do not fill you up and still maintain more flavor. This year I need to look up the dunkelweizen cans they offer and see how I can get them regularly.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Get shitfaced in the Hofbrahaus and then pop off!
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Hopefully they do their German advent calendar again this year.
    I bought the case of various Spaten biers. IFL that stuff. I am a fucking kraut. We don’t drink bourbon barrel stouts.
    Pussy...*

*I prefer non-bourbon barrel aged stouts, butt still.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,551
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Nothing says good beer like year old stale cans rotting at room temperature in a box at Costco.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nothing says good beer like year old stale cans rotting at room temperature in a box at Costco.

Rheinheitsgebot.

German beer stays good for a looonnng time which is why they are able to do it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Only been to Northeastern Germany and some of the tourist places like Stralsund and some of the old Prussian castles around there.

Don't regret the trip because I don't know when any American will get to go to St. Petersburg again but regret not staying in Germany a lot longer.

Much respect to east Germany for being the only place I visited that won't conform to Americans and speak English to them. Mostly cold assholes until they realize that you can also speak Deutsch.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,986
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nachos Uber Alles!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Only been to Northeastern Germany and some of the tourist places like Stralsund and some of the old Prussian castles around there.

Don't regret the trip because I don't know when any American will get to go to St. Petersburg again but regret not staying in Germany a lot longer.

Much respect to east Germany for being the only place I visited that won't conform to Americans and speak English to them. Mostly cold assholes until they realize that you can also speak Deutsch.
    I've only been to Rhine River Germany- i.e., Cologne, Koblenz and Heidelburg.

Went to some blue collar pub in Koblenz, where their definitely were not skrong on English (or pretended to be). Drank my first Bittburger on draft (was in HS) and it's was great. Still love to by some Bittburger @BleachedAnusDawg that's been rotting away on a Coscto shelf, listening to Cornell '77 on the drive home.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,933
    Founders Club
    haie said:

I’ll say this based on my 2 years in Germany from 2003-2005, most of the Germans I interacted with would tolerate Americans speaking broken, poor German for a few moments before telling us “I speak English”

I was just outside Frankfurt and between work and having a 1 and 5 year old, I didn’t travel as much as I wanted but I definitely enjoyed the traveling I did do and would go back in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Founders Club

haie said:

I've only been to Rhine River Germany- i.e., Cologne, Koblenz and Heidelburg.

Went to some blue collar pub in Koblenz, where their definitely were not skrong on English (or pretended to be). Drank my first Bittburger on draft (was in HS) and it's was great. Still love to by some Bittburger @BleachedAnusDawg that's been rotting away on a Coscto shelf, listening to Cornell '77 on the drive home.
    I don't know anything about Buttburger or Cornell '77, but cool story, bro. :smile:
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agent Orange IPA is one of the best beers in the Northwest.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    Ugh, vanilla broke all their link stuff on mobile?

Got invited to a concert in Portland for some chucklefucks called vnv nation? They any good?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Portland zoo version of what UW did to MSU today.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    I bought this pollock porter cause it’s named Boss.

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,257
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Nice pull, Champ…
  • Options
    Founders Club

That’s a good looking beer, pal.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    It's fresh hop season. Was recently in Yakima and the town had the smell of hops in the air. Single Hill Brewing makes some awesome hazy IPA.