Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Drinking beer and listening to the classics

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,602
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Also, if none of you have had Anchorage Brewing's hazy IPA's and BA stuff you are missing out. Best I've ever had of both. 12 oz. BA bottles go for $40+, though.
  • Options
    Founders Club

haie said:

haie said:

Newport Market in Bend stocks all the faggy @haie beers.

5440 is my favorite brewery and place to get drunk in the entire NW.

View: A+
    Beer: A
    Lack of faggots while being there: A+*

*some weeks there are some bike hipsters there, but mostly it's blue collar workers from the industrial district which is what you want. Similarly to why ghostrunners has a good crowd.

Fuck, inspires me to hit them up this week. A bit out of my way.
    I feel like I’m basically drinking 81 percent Bend, PDX metro, and Pfriem these days. The remainder is Messican stuff and Coors Banquet for my pod @CFetters_Nacho_Lover

I wish they sold Manny’s Pale ale in a can so I could support Seattle more. I don’t like Johnny Utah as much.
    Kind of hate Seattle's offering.

Big Time will have some random new thing I'll try during the season.

Hellbent brewing and everything else is very forgettable.

It kind of makes sense that they would be inferior to Vantucky, the Peninsula, etc.
    Why do you hate Reuben's Triple Crush?
    Why does he hate Fremont and Cloudburst?
    I like Fremont Blue and Orange Cans.

All are great, but the variants with coconut in them do not age well and the coconut totally falls out of it. Coffee Cinnamon B-Bomb and Spice Wars are both awesome. Two of my favorites.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,756
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2023

I remember my scotch ale phase.

There are some new kids on the block that are pretty good, like Silver City in Bremerton (Or Gorst).

But whenever I'm in Montana, I pick up a case or two of Cold Smoke. I'd drink it all day, every day if I could.

Before Antifa Fags killed the Bridgeport in PDX, I picked up some Scotch Ales there that were very close to the best beer ever, which was Grant's Scottish Ale. Unfortunately, PDX has fagged out so severely I won't even cross the river anymore. Fuck Portland. Go Vancouver.
  • Options

haie said:

haie said:

*some weeks there are some bike hipsters there, but mostly it's blue collar workers from the industrial district which is what you want. Similarly to why ghostrunners has a good crowd.

I feel like I’m basically drinking 81 percent Bend, PDX metro, and Pfriem these days. The remainder is Messican stuff and Coors Banquet for my pod @CFetters_Nacho_Lover

I wish they sold Manny’s Pale ale in a can so I could support Seattle more. I don’t like Johnny Utah as much.

It kind of makes sense that they would be inferior to Vantucky, the Peninsula, etc.
    I don't hate Seattle, but I feel like I've been getting betting variety from PDX, Vantucky and Hood River.

Zoiglhaus and Occidental in PDX really excel at the Eurofag type syles that I like. Pfriem might be my favorite overall craft brewer in the PNW.

Bend is a little too IPA centric for my taste but still good overall.
    You should. What is wrong with you?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,048
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

I don't hate Seattle, but I feel like I've been getting betting variety from PDX, Vantucky and Hood River.

Zoiglhaus and Occidental in PDX really excel at the Eurofag type syles that I like. Pfriem might be my favorite overall craft brewer in the PNW.

People forget, I voted with my feet more than anyone here @TurdBomber .
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

IMO, Fremont's non-BA stuff is all forgettable. Their year-round pale and IPAs are mediocre. They raised prices way too high on the BA stuff and I quit buying them because of much better value out there from other breweries like Pfriem, as @1to392831weretaken mentions.

I will die on the hill of regular Pfreim cans being pretty damn good beer for the price point. If @1to392831weretaken insists on them being nothing special then I'm gonna drive my TRD Pro Canynero up to the parking lot of Anacortes 7-11 and run over his Sienna.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also, if none of you have had Anchorage Brewing's hazy IPA's and BA stuff you are missing out. Best I've ever had of both. 12 oz. BA bottles go for $40+, though.

Anchorage has a shockingly good beer scene.

All are great, but the variants with coconut in them do not age well and the coconut totally falls out of it. Coffee Cinnamon B-Bomb and Spice Wars are both awesome. Two of my favorites.

Had a little celebration last night, and when I was at the bottle shop yesterday stocking up, I had a 2021 Spice Wars in one hand and that Sump in the other. Tough choice, so the $2 and 100 mL difference was the tie breaker.

IMO, Fremont's non-BA stuff is all forgettable. Their year-round pale and IPAs are mediocre. They raised prices way too high on the BA stuff and I quit buying them because of much better value out there from other breweries like Pfriem, as @1to392831weretaken mentions.

The problem with beer is that once you have the good stuff, it's harder to appreciate the basics. I like dark beers, and usually sours when I'm looking for something light. To me, just about any non-BA beer is forgettable at this point, as I know what I'm comparing it to. Anymore, I just drink more rarely and spend on the good stuff when I do. There are some very good non-BA imperial stouts that are actually some of my favorite beers (I've already mentioned Abraxas), but the ingredient list makes them also pretty pricey, and they're really hard to find. Wander did a cherry, vanilla, cacao imperial called Envoy that, at $7 per pint, was an absolute sweet spot for me in price:quality, and I pretty much bought the whole town out of it two years in a row. Alas, not only is it seasonal, but they didn't even do it at all this year.

I will die on the hill of regular Pfreim cans being pretty damn good beer for the price point. If @1to392831weretaken insists on them being nothing special then I'm gonna drive my TRD Pro Canynero up to the parking lot of Anacortes 7-11 and run over his Sienna.
    A.) That's Pacifica Hybrid; show some respect!
    B.) I missed the boat on the IPA craze for the same reason that I've never felt the need to douse my food in ass-destroying hot sauce to prove how manly I am. The hop war was a huge turnoff. All I see from Pfriem in cans are IPAs, pales, lagers, and German styles. If I'm going to drink that sort of thing (light, nothing special, session beer), I can get a case of Negra Modelo or whatnot for far cheaper.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Anchorage has a shockingly good beer scene.

Had a little celebration last night, and when I was at the bottle shop yesterday stocking up, I had a 2021 Spice Wars in one hand and that Sump in the other. Tough choice, so the $2 and 100 mL difference was the tie breaker.

The problem with beer is that once you have the good stuff, it's harder to appreciate the basics. I like dark beers, and usually sours when I'm looking for something light. To me, just about any non-BA beer is forgettable at this point, as I know what I'm comparing it to. Anymore, I just drink more rarely and spend on the good stuff when I do. There are some very good non-BA imperial stouts that are actually some of my favorite beers (I've already mentioned Abraxas), but the ingredient list makes them also pretty pricey, and they're really hard to find. Wander did a cherry, vanilla, cacao imperial called Envoy that, at $7 per pint, was an absolute sweet spot for me in price:quality, and I pretty much bought the whole town out of it two years in a row. Alas, not only is it seasonal, but they didn't even do it at all this year.

A.) That's Pacifica Hybrid; show some respect!
    B.) I missed the boat on the IPA craze for the same reason that I've never felt the need to douse my food in ass-destroying hot sauce to prove how manly I am. The hop war was a huge turnoff. All I see from Pfriem in cans are IPAs, pales, lagers, and German styles. If I'm going to drink that sort of thing (light, nothing special, session beer), I can get a case of Negra Modelo or whatnot for far cheaper.
    Plug in Hybrid @1to392831weretaken ? Our frens have that in FWD and it's a sweet ride. The get like 2000 miles per tank of gas and have solar panels on their roof (So Cal peeps).

I don't like the IPA hop wars, so yeah agree mostly.

I think reasonable people can agree there's a place for the all malted barley craft beers (e.g., Pfriem regular cans) between adjust grain Yella lagers and the special release stuff.

Pfreim's pale ale is perfect example. IFL the classic 5.5% to 5.9% pales with like 25- 40 IBUS. Nice alternative to my usual pilsners w/o having to drink faggy @haie IPAs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EMFA you beer snob haters...

• Options
    Founders Club
    Hate to break it to ya, Yella, but Pilsner and Kolsch are the faggy beers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm a (50%) Kraut. It's in my blood.

• Options
    edited August 2023

haie said:

haie said:

People forget, I voted with my feet more than anyone here @TurdBomber .
    One bright spot from your old hood is the NE Seattle Little League team that's one game from the U.S. Championship at the LLWS.

The parents look like a little Brier-ish ;) NTTAWWIT, but the kids seem pretty good.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,008
    Founders Club

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm a (50%) Kraut. It's in my blood.

#MeToo
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Costco Oktoberfest is here you fancy pants beer pussies.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hopefully they do their German advent calendar again this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Hopefully they do their German advent calendar again this year.
    I bought the case of various Spaten biers. IFL that stuff. I am a fucking kraut. We don’t drink bourbon barrel stouts.