Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pau Gasol

13»

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I can't even watch that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I can't even watch that.

One of the most painful sports memories for me for sure. The CBS feed in NC finally switched to the game with under a minute left. When Watts hit that jumper to give us the lead I jumped and came down on a glass, almost broke my ankle. And then Hamilton Ripped out my heart.

Good thing we never had to go through anything like that again.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

I can't even watch that.

One of the most painful sports memories for me for sure. The CBS feed in NC finally switched to the game with under a minute left. When Watts hit that jumper to give us the lead I jumped and came down on a glass, almost broke my ankle. And then Hamilton Ripped out my heart.

Good thing we never had to go through anything like that again.
    Yeah, very good thing. I probably would have lost my shit and gone on some message bored and insulted one of the players grandparents if I ever had to deal with something that horrible again.
  • Options
    Boobs_Or_HarvBoobs_Or_Harv Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @DNC next time can you just pour gasoline on me instead of posting that video.

Seattle has a lot of shitty sports moments. Some of which I can see again, this play isn't one of them. I hate how every march madness without fail that play is shown.

A few years back through a mutual friend was hanging out with Todd Macculough and I didn't even bring it up. However, Todd did and he still bugs him to this day. I've always wondered how with a 7'1" Macculough and 7'4" Femberling did we not get one fucking rebound?!!

Ugh and I won't even attempt to get started on that bullshit in 2006.

Fuck UCONN!
  • Options

Seattle has a lot of shitty sports moments. Some of which I can see again, this play isn't one of them. I hate how every march madness without fail that play is shown.

A few years back through a mutual friend was hanging out with Todd Macculough and I didn't even bring it up. However, Todd did and he still bugs him to this day. I've always wondered how with a 7'1" Macculough and 7'4" Femberling did we not get one fucking rebound?!!

Fuck UCONN!

That's probably the most painful single play I can remember, in any sport. It was like The Double, only if I was a Yankees fan. And if the Yankees were never any good. Which, I suppose, back when it happened they weren't.

• Options
    dnc said:

Fuck UCONN!

That's probably the most painful single play I can remember, in any sport. It was like The Double, only if I was a Yankees fan. And if the Yankees were never any good. Which, I suppose, back when it happened they weren't.

Yankees would win world series next four of five years so I'm sure they got over the double rather quickly.

While for UW? Well we weren't in that position again until UCONN in 2006(I know 2005 but we got spanked) and history repeated itself. Then we haven't realistically been in that position again despite at the time Romar just went back to back sweet 16's and signed the 3rd rated class in the nation.

The UCONN game was a missed moment for sure for Bender era and it's probably the missed moment of the Romar era. Just shitty UCONN game is where both programs peaked, crashed and burned on a buzzer beater.

I think that's why the second UCONN loss hurt so damn much because it was UCONN. It would have hurt regardless of the opponent but it was setting up for UW to avenge that loss. Instead just makes it so much more painful.
  • Options

dnc said:

Fuck UCONN!

Yankees would win world series next four of five years so I'm sure they got over the double rather quickly.

While for UW? Well we weren't in that position again until UCONN in 2006(I know 2005 but we got spanked) and history repeated itself. Then we haven't realistically been in that position again despite at the time Romar just went back to back sweet 16's and signed the 3rd rated class in the nation.

The UCONN game was a missed moment for sure for Bender era and it's probably the missed moment of the Romar era. Just shitty UCONN game is where both programs peaked, crashed and burned on a buzzer beater.

I think that's why the second UCONN loss hurt so damn much because it was UCONN. It would have hurt regardless of the opponent but it was setting up for UW to avenge that loss. Instead just makes it so much more painful.
    Yeah, Yankees fans probably barely even remember the double.

The second UConn loss was more painful for me because that team really could have had a shot had we won, and because it was the last game for my favorite player ever. The first loss just had the more painful moment as we went from winning to losing on one shot. The second loss the heartbreak was more drawn out - the Jensen foul, the onions three, the Appleby brick, the missed goaltending on the Roy shot in OT, Dentmon fouling out because Williams tripped over his own feet, Roy fouling out because fuck the refs, Smith making the terrible pass, Burmeister airballing the three at the end. It was just an all around clusterfuck of a stomach punch.

And to top it all off WhiskeyDawg popped my citrus cherry right after the game with a hidden link that was supposed to go to an ESPN recap. And then apag was banninated.

Fuck that night.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Fuck UCONN!

The second UConn loss was more painful for me because that team really could have had a shot had we won, and because it was the last game for my favorite player ever. The first loss just had the more painful moment as we went from winning to losing on one shot. The second loss the heartbreak was more drawn out - the Jensen foul, the onions three, the Appleby brick, the missed goaltending on the Roy shot in OT, Dentmon fouling out because Williams tripped over his own feet, Roy fouling out because fuck the refs, Smith making the terrible pass, Burmeister airballing the three at the end. It was just an all around clusterfuck of a stomach punch.

And to top it all off WhiskeyDawg popped my citrus cherry right after the game with a hidden link that was supposed to go to an ESPN recap. And then apag was banninated.

Fuck that night.
    Agree on all that. The moment was more painful on the first loss but the second loss was a back breaker. Like you said the NCAA's were wide open that year(no #1 seeds made final four) and we had the recipe for a title. We had the best player who happened to be a senior who was a wing player. That wasn't a great team as the depth kind of sucked which is why we'd get swept to WSU but that team could rise up(beat Gonzaga, swept UCLA which UW never does).

Up four points, Williams launches a three I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOOO OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" just celebrating like crazy cause a good free throw shooting, veteran team isn't blowing a 7 point lead with like a minute left.

I remember I called my dad after that as I wanted to be on the phone with him when this program got over the hump. We were like just avoid the three we are good, guy drives the lane we are like sweet! Then makes lay up and then Jensen just closes lines him. Then we were both like uh oh. Up three we both agreed FOUL! Instead they make the three, I remember we both were like I'm sick I'll call you if we win.

Then like you said in overtime the refs continued to fuck us(weak card used by Doogs but this game it applies). Then Appleby steals the ball when our season appeared over, passes up an open look. Passes to Joel Smith(Why the fuck was he out there?!! So terrible that year. Huge regression from freshman year) who made a sloppy pass to Roy which was picked off and Roy ran him down to stop the fast break shot. Unfortunately he fouled out and the greatest UW player in my lifetime career ended like that.

Such a sad depressing game, was down in Portland visiting some friends. So what do young guys in their early 20's do when depressed? You go to the fucking Acrop! Even titties and ass in my face couldn't change my mood.

One of those games where you remember the entire night like it happened yesterday.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    That was my second biggest blow up ever after a game with Arizona 1992 being the worst.

I had friends that played with Roy when he was mediocre and recounted how in a single year he went from mediocre to D1 material. I knew one of the coaches who helped develop Roy and he introduced me to him his senior year of high school. It was a Friday night at a gym and he was working on his game. Seemed like a real humble dude. I asked the coach how good he was and why go to UW. He said he thought Roy had a chance to be the best ever to come out of the state. He said they felt Brandon would be good enough to make the NBA even if he went to UW. And had Roy not had knee problems he easily would have been one of the best ever.

Anyway I felt such a strong connection to that team. Roy was the best player from my class to come out of Seattle and everyone wanted it for him. Even the announcers during the tourney like Bilas and Raftery knew he was the best player in CBB. You could tell Raftery felt UW deserved it, pointing out the shit calls and how special of a player Roy was throughout the game.

I remember metricssuperiorityguy pointing out that a missed goaltend is the worst call or non call in basketball. At least on a foul call no points are scored and the player has to make free throws. But a blown goaltend call? Thats 2 fucking points off the board.

Just fucking horseshit. And then Jim Calhoun was bitching at the refs the whole game. What a huge fucking asshole.

Just a fucking disgrace.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Fuck UCONN!

Fuck that night.
    Agree on all that. The moment was more painful on the first loss but the second loss was a back breaker. Like you said the NCAA's were wide open that year(no #1 seeds made final four) and we had the recipe for a title. We had the best player who happened to be a senior who was a wing player. That wasn't a great team as the depth kind of sucked which is why we'd get swept to WSU but that team could rise up(beat Gonzaga, swept UCLA which UW never does).

Up four points, Williams launches a three I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOOO OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" just celebrating like crazy cause a good free throw shooting, veteran team isn't blowing a 7 point lead with like a minute left.

I remember I called my dad after that as I wanted to be on the phone with him when this program got over the hump. We were like just avoid the three we are good, guy drives the lane we are like sweet! Then makes lay up and then Jensen just closes lines him. Then we were both like uh oh. Up three we both agreed FOUL! Instead they make the three, I remember we both were like I'm sick I'll call you if we win.

Then like you said in overtime the refs continued to fuck us(weak card used by Doogs but this game it applies). Then Appleby steals the ball when our season appeared over, passes up an open look. Passes to Joel Smith(Why the fuck was he out there?!! So terrible that year. Huge regression from freshman year) who made a sloppy pass to Roy which was picked off and Roy ran him down to stop the fast break shot. Unfortunately he fouled out and the greatest UW player in my lifetime career ended like that.

Such a sad depressing game, was down in Portland visiting some friends. So what do young guys in their early 20's do when depressed? You go to the fucking Acrop! Even titties and ass in my face couldn't change my mood.

One of those games where you remember the entire night like it happened yesterday.

A lot of crispness in that post.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bulls got Gasol. They are going to be good, although how good depends on Rose coming back at a level somewhat close to when he was MVP. Noah and Gasol are both really good passers for big men. I think they will compliment each other well. Mirotic should be good too. If he's really good, they are a title contender. I've been looking forward to him coming over since he was drafted.
  • Options

Bulls got Gasol. They are going to be good, although how good depends on Rose coming back at a level somewhat close to when he was MVP. Noah and Gasol are both really good passers for big men. I think they will compliment each other well. Mirotic should be good too. If he's really good, they are a title contender. I've been looking forward to him coming over since he was drafted.

Best team in the East if Rose is 90% of above, even if Cleveland gets Love. I think Mirotic will be pretty good from day one.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I went to the 2006 UConn-UW game. SO SO pissed. It still pisses me off. Probably worst loss I have ever seen in person. Only one I can come up with is the Redskins blowing a 99% win probability to the fucking Cowboys:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199909120was.htm

• Options
    whlinder said:

I went to the 2006 UConn-UW game. SO SO pissed. It still pisses me off. Probably worst loss I have ever seen in person. Only one I can come up with is the Redskins blowing a 99% win probability to the fucking Cowboys:

Hi there

Considering this was a playoff game, this was definitely worse than that Cowboys-R Word (lol!) game

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199301030buf.htm

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

whlinder said:

Hi there

Considering this was a playoff game, this was definitely worse than that Cowboys-R Word (lol!) game

I was only going on games I had attended in person.

1- losing to UConn in s16
    2- losing to Dallas up 21 in 4th
  • Options
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

whlinder said:

Hi there

I was only going on games I had attended in person.

1- losing to UConn in s16
    2- losing to Dallas up 21 in 4th
    Why do I hate reading?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I cannot even read the posts about 2006 UCONN. 8 years later and it still haunts me.