Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pau Gasol

Looks like he's becoming a big name free agent, coveted by many teams. I hope he spurns the Lakers for his own sake. That organization treated him like shit even after he saved Kobe's legacy & bailed out Kobe in that one finals. Cant see him in OKC though. I think he goes to Chicago.

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheGlove said:

NOGAFATNBA

Still sandy about the world cup elimination I see.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dnc said:

TheGlove said:

NOGAFATNBA

Still sandy about the world cup elimination I see.
    Not at all. #MyDieMannschaft are still alive.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Right. Pau "bailed" Kobe out. 6-16 shooting, 7-13 from the line in game 7. What a performance. It's not like Kobe averaged 10 more points per game in that series. Let's not forget Pau's 13 point performance in a game 3 win. Really bailed Kobe out there. There was also game 5 that the Lakers lost by 6 where Kobe went for 38 and Pau went for 12. Really bailed Kobe out there. And not to be forgotten is the 11 rebounds Pau averaged over the course of that series, 3 more than guard Kobe Bryant.

Stick to calling in to Softy's show. More your speed.
  • Options

Right. Pau "bailed" Kobe out. 6-16 shooting, 7-13 from the line in game 7. What a performance. It's not like Kobe averaged 10 more points per game in that series. Let's not forget Pau's 13 point performance in a game 3 win. Really bailed Kobe out there. There was also game 5 that the Lakers lost by 6 where Kobe went for 38 and Pau went for 12. Really bailed Kobe out there. And not to be forgotten is the 11 rebounds Pau averaged over the course of that series, 3 more than guard Kobe Bryant.

Big boner for Kobe Bryant huh? Do you fap to a Kobe Fathead in your mom's purple and gold basement?

I have no dog in this fight at all because nogafatnba, but are points scored the only measure of a player's contribution?

No, I didn't think so.
  • Options
    TheGlove said:

Big boner for Kobe Bryant huh? Do you fap to a Kobe Fathead in your mom's purple and gold basement?

I have no dog in this fight at all because nogafatnba, but are points scored the only measure of a player's contribution?

No, I didn't think so.
    Paging allkobeallbryant

• Options
    TheGlove said:

No, I didn't think so.
    If only I had mentioned rebounds.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Kobe haters sure are funny. Always trying to convince people he hasn't won any rings and shit.

#ButHeHadShaq

#ButHeHadPau

Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Kobe haters sure are funny. Always trying to convince people he hasn't won any rings and shit.

#ButHeHadShaq

#ButHeHadPau

Lather, rinse, repeat.

It only takes him 39 shots to get 25 points too
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

#ButHeHadShaq

#ButHeHadPau

Lather, rinse, repeat.

It only takes him 39 shots to get 25 points too
    Yup a career 42.5% fg% backs up that argument.
  • Options
    Message to cunt and allpurple...

Stop sucking Kobe's dick.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    I don't think Gasol is even that good anymore, but he would be a great fit with OKC. Basketball wise, that's the perfect spot for him. Someone will pay him more though. If OKC was smart they would amnesty Perkins and roll with Gasol and Adams at center. If they amnestied Perkins, they would free up another 9 million. Give Gasol a 1 yr 10 million deal with a mutual option for year 2. It's OKC though, and you know they won't.
  • Options

I don't think Gasol is even that good anymore, but he would be a great fit with OKC. Basketball wise, that's the perfect spot for him. Someone will pay him more though. If OKC was smart they would amnesty Perkins and roll with Gasol and Adams at center. If they amnestied Perkins, they would free up another 9 million. Give Gasol a 1 yr 10 million deal with a mutual option for year 2. It's OKC though, and you know they won't.

It's not because they're not smart, it's because they're cheap.

Fuck David Stern for allowing this disgrace to happen.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2014
    Over the entire series Gasol shot 48% while Kobe shot 40%. Gasol also averaged 3.6 more rebounds per game and only 0.2 less assists per game. He had 2 less TO per game than Kobe. Kobe did average 10 more ppg but took 10 more shots per game.

For the entire series, Pau's +/- was 2 more than Kobe's. In game 7, Pau was +7 while Kobe was even. Pau was also +5 more than Kobe in game 6. So with the Lakers down 3-2 in the series, Pau was +6 per game better than Kobe those last 2 games including +7 in the pivotal game 7!

The other numbers are more startling. Kobe scored 4 more points that game but with 2 more Ft's and 8 more Fg's. Not only was his 6-24 near disastrous but he had 2 less assists than Pau and 3 more turnovers. Kobe's 15 rebounds were great, but 3 less than Gasol.

Kobe's a great player for sure but fans like yourself pump him up to an echelon he does not deserve to be in. After they lost Shaq they played 500 ball for 3 years and couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs. Pau shows up and they go to 3 Finals in a row. The numbers above are also quite clear. Yes, Pau did save Kobe's legacy and the Lakers have treated him like shit. Good night.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options

Over the entire series Gasol shot 48% while Kobe shot 40%. Gasol also averaged 3.6 more rebounds per game and only 0.2 less assists per game. He had 2 less TO per game than Kobe. Kobe did average 10 more ppg but took 10 more shots per game.

For the entire series, Pau's +/- was 2 more than Kobe's. In game 7, Pau was +7 while Kobe was even. Pau was also +5 more than Kobe in game 6. So with the Lakers down 3-2 in the series, Pau was +6 per game better than Kobe those last 2 games including +7 in the pivotal game 7!

The other numbers are more startling. Kobe scored 4 more points that game but with 2 more Ft's and 8 more Fg's. Not only was his 6-24 near disastrous but he had 2 less assists than Pau and 3 more turnovers. Kobe's 15 rebounds were great, but 3 less than Gasol.

Kobe's a great player for sure but fans like yourself pump him up to an echelon he does not deserve to be in. After they lost Shaq they played 500 ball for 3 years and couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs. Pau shows up and they go to 3 Finals in a row. The numbers above are also quite clear. Yes, Pau did save Kobe's legacy and the Lakers have treated him like shit. Good night.

You have literally no idea how to use plus/minus numbers.

Hey look, Michael Beasley, Rashard Lewis, Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, Dwyane Wade, Toney Douglas, Shane Battier, Ray Allen and Birdman are better than Lebron. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400559378

Oh look again, LEBRON IS THE WORST PLAYER ON THE ENTIRE HEAT ROSTER. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400559377

AGAIN http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400559376

Startling.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I am for Birdman, but against plus/minus.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Plus minus is useful, except for when it isnt.