Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Operation Warp Speed

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

The R's vs the D's is the proverbial choice between the lesser of two evils.

I have had it with that choice - I do not see much difference between the parties in action. The rhetoric is different but that is all.

You don't see the difference between DeSantis and Chinslee, Kate Brown or Newsom? Between Trump and the dementia patient? I'll agree to some extent between Cocaine Mitch and Schumer, but there are really differences between some Republicans and ALL dems.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Anymore you're either an American or a Democrat!
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

I have had it with that choice - I do not see much difference between the parties in action. The rhetoric is different but that is all.

You don't see the difference between DeSantis and Chinslee, Kate Brown or Newsom? Between Trump and the dementia patient? I'll agree to some extent between Cocaine Mitch and Schumer, but there are really differences between some Republicans and ALL dems.
    I was referring to Presidential elections - sorry should have clarified that - low level election can matter - presidential nope
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,304
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

In the spring of 2020 I cut both Trump and DeSantis some slack. DeSantis is in the top rank of governors who dropped the lockdown bans. I'll cut Trump some slack in that he was trying to win an election in the fall of 2020 and had too much exposure and limited national support to fire Fow Chee and terminate the state bans. Trump will still drive away the soft minded and won't stay focused on the winning issues. I think Ron will have the bigger appeal.

You've always been reasonable on the subject

Whoever wins is miles better than the democrats and in for a tough road

Agreed
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

I was referring to Presidential elections - sorry should have clarified that - low level election can matter - presidential nope
    So, no difference between Trump and the dementia patient? Anyone trying to impeach the corrupt dementia patient? The deep state impeached Trump twice for some reason. Barry, Russia invaded Ukraine. Trump crickets while his energy policy eviscerated Putin's cash flow. Dementia patient, Russian invades the Ukraine again while Cho Bai Den shuts down US oil and gas production.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,730
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The use of executive orders and appointing judges makes it matter who is president
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:
    Fucking this. The more is see of this DeSantis fellah, the less I like him. And Trump, proven loooooser.
    Standard Supporter
    Almost 8 years in, Trump still draws such an emotional reaction—TDS and TIS—that almost completely short circuits rational thought. With the right prodding, the vaccine issue could be what metastasizes the cognitive dissonance into a terminal, head exploding end.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Almost 8 years in, Trump still draws such an emotional reaction—TDS and TIS—that almost completely short circuits rational thought. With the right prodding, the vaccine issue could be what metastasizes the cognitive dissonance into a terminal, head exploding end.

That’s why RFKJ is my guy. He’s a constitutionalist. He won’t take away guns, he’s got the best track record on Covid of anyone running and he hates big pharma the MIC, and endless war. He’s an environmentalist but his reverence of the constitution bars him from weaponizing the movement. Of the choices in front of me he is the closest to a traditional democrat which is what I always considered myself until the last four or five years. He’s got no chance so I’ll most likely be voting Libertarian in the end … again. Deep sigh.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,730
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Unfortunately RFK is aligned with this cult. Wants to arrest climate "deniers"

Energy and economy isn't an emotional choice. It's a logical choice.
    Standard Supporter
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483

That’s why RFKJ is my guy. He’s a constitutionalist. He won’t take away guns, he’s got the best track record on Covid of anyone running and he hates big pharma the MIC, and endless war. He’s an environmentalist but his reverence of the constitution bars him from weaponizing the movement. Of the choices in front of me he is the closest to a traditional democrat which is what I always considered myself until the last four or five years. He’s got no chance so I’ll most likely be voting Libertarian in the end … again. Deep sigh.
    If you were an Obama demonrat your are a commie.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam

The use of executive orders and appointing judges makes it matter who is president

When you can't get support to pass a bill you use EOs

Then the next guy uses EOs to undo what you could not get enacted,

Return to line one

The Judges seem the only thing permanent which right now is good. MAGA court 9-0
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

If you were an Obama demonrat your are a commie.
    I voted for Obama, once. Fool me once …
    Swaye's Wigwam

RFKJ,FTG

He’s also against central banking digital currency. He’s not perfect because he probably won’t drill baby drill but he does check a lot of boxes for me.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

Race, thanks for aggregating all of Trump’s Twitter Goon Squad rantings here. They’re a gas.

When did you become such an idiot? Two things can be true at once.

Trump was all-in on the "beautiful" vaccines, but against the Fauci shut-downs, knowing his strength was the economy and stating repeatedly that we didn't "want the cure to be worse than the disease."

I guess it's just primary season kool-aid leeching into simpleton brains. Kreist.

It should bother everyone to see a presidential administration sidelined and undermined by a supposedly free press and the administrative state that ACTUALLY runs the country while being full of lying, leaking, partisan hacks, especially on the law enforcement side.

Anyone who wants anything close to a real democracy should rather allow a legitimately elected president a chance to succeed or fail on policy matters. That's what mid-term elections are for.

I didn't like Ken Starr's witch hunts of Clinton, nor did I like Mueller's witch hunt of Trump, because both were bad for the country.
    Standard Supporter

It should bother everyone to see a presidential administration sidelined and undermined by a supposedly free press and the administrative state that ACTUALLY runs the country while being full of lying, leaking, partisan hacks, especially on the law enforcement side.

Anyone who wants anything close to a real democracy should rather allow a legitimately elected president a chance to succeed or fail on policy matters. That's what mid-term elections are for.

I didn't like Ken Starr's witch hunts of Clinton, nor did I like Mueller's witch hunt of Trump, because both were bad for the country.
    Starr's wasn't a witch hunt. Linda Tripp told the truth that Bubba was suborning perjury in Lewinsky's false affidavit which he was. Starr didn't go there, Tripp went to him. Starr didn't threaten Tripp with jail or her family unless she testified to things that weren't true.

Starr's wasn't a witch hunt. Linda Tripp told the truth that Bubba was suborning perjury in Lewinsky's false affidavit which he was. Starr didn't go there, Tripp went to him. Starr didn't threaten Tripp with jail or her family unless she testified to things that weren't true.
    The Clinton impeachment was indefensible.

NOGAF about a Prez getting a BJ and lying about it. Look who Bill is married to, for Chrissake.

Dumbest Fucking Investigation of All Time. Main difference is it only had the support of one media network, not 99% of the MSM like Trump had to contend with.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

46XiJCAB said:

Race, thanks for aggregating all of Trump’s Twitter Goon Squad rantings here. They’re a gas.

When did you become such an idiot? Two things can be true at once.

Trump was all-in on the "beautiful" vaccines, but against the Fauci shut-downs, knowing his strength was the economy and stating repeatedly that we didn't "want the cure to be worse than the disease."

I guess it's just primary season kool-aid leeching into simpleton brains. Kreist.
    There’s nothing he could do about the Fauci shutdowns. He was only POTUS.

Yup, I’m the idiot.

Why does Trump get a pass here? Fuck that, he had the bully pulpit and he went shrivel dick. The innocent bystander routine is fucking weak.

He brings in Scott Atlas and lets him twist in the wind because he won’t tell Fauci and Brix to work with him or I’m gonna fire your asses.