Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huskies have had 31 players leave since DeBoer's staff took over

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,139 Founders Club
    Thanks Taft!

DRFS trigger warning for @Mad_Son et al
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,363 Founders Club
    edited May 2023
    Thanks Nacho!

I’m not going to pretend to be upset DeBoner is cleaning house. Winners win.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,139 Founders Club
    I actually read the article and found a different DRFS article where he listed who left and where they wound up.

Out of 31 guys, only 2-3 are worth being upset about and that’s Latu, Covington and Redman and I’m being generous with Redman.

Everyone else either wasn’t here long enough or didn’t do enough.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174

Thanks Taft!

DRFS trigger warning for @Mad_Son et al

TYFYS
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,376
    Canadawg said:

I know just win but college football is fun because you get to keep tabs on guys for a couple years then watch them play for a couple years. Keeps it fresh and always just enough stability to make the program have some continuation.

The way the system is set up now is for countless mercenary 1 and dones popping into the program for a year then gone. There's alot less connection when you haven't watched players work their way into starting roles and I feel like that's a very important part of the sport that is potentially being lost

Totally agree, it has a NFL feel to it. If you have a role/position to fill, go out and sign a free agent. Business ball... What separates college is the local connections, and rivalries. If it's just about improving draft stock and getting to the league as soon as possible might as well start watching the AFL/XFL. DeBoner is doing good about whynotboth.gif come play and have fun, win games, make memories in college, get developed, then go to league
    Here's a cut/paste of what level UW couch sales transferred to. 17/31 went lower level or out of football completely. And of the 9 who went to another Power 5 school, Latu is counted and I don't know that he's a normal transfer due to UW medically retiring him.

FCS 5
    G5 5
    JC 1
    Out 6
    P5 9
    TBD 5

And here are the numbers by position:

DB 3
    DL 5
    Edge 3
    LB 4
    OL 3
    P 1
    QB 1
    RB 4
    TE 3
    WR 4

If only I had skills like @TheChart, I'd make this look nicer but I'm too busy eating nachos to care.
    Something I read on the DRFS article I pulled this from is that Megwa is a walk-on at Oklahoma so you might as well count that as a lower level transfer as well.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,685 Swaye's Wigwam
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Oregon's 31 surprised me. Either Cristobal recruited losers, or Lanning is driving everyone away
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,685 Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon's 31 surprised me. Either Cristobal recruited losers, or Lanning is driving everyone away

I can't believe Josh Pate is fluffing them.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,507 Swaye's Wigwam

Lanning seems relatively likeable for 20 year olds I doubt they hate him
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,139 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Kids can spot a fake

Not saying Lannbo is a fake. Yet
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,507 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Kids can spot a fake

You haven't been a kid for a while. W/respect
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Kids can spot a fake

The telltale sign will be if the Ducks are playing in this year's Sun Bowl and their longsnapper hikes the ball 15 feet over the punter's head.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Here's a cut/paste of what level UW couch sales transferred to. 17/31 went lower level or out of football completely. And of the 9 who went to another Power 5 school, Latu is counted and I don't know that he's a normal transfer due to UW medically retiring him.

FCS 5
    G5 5
    JC 1
    Out 6
    P5 9
    TBD 5

And here are the numbers by position:

DB 3
    DL 5
    Edge 3
    LB 4
    OL 3
    P 1
    QB 1
    RB 4
    TE 3
    WR 4

If only I had skills like @TheChart, I'd make this look nicer but I'm too busy eating nachos to care.

Definitely a big asterisk on Latu ... the medical retirement is what it is ... always blows my mind how you can't get cleared at one place and then get cleared somewhere else

Something I read on the DRFS article I pulled this from is that Megwa is a walk-on at Oklahoma so you might as well count that as a lower level transfer as well.

Probably depends on how/if he ever sees the field

Why not both?

Also note the same thing happening at ASU under Dillingham