Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tucker Breaks the Internet

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited April 2023 in Tug Tavern
22M views since primetime. Apparently released at the same time his old show started.

Scathing rebuke of MSM and Powerbrokers.

Apparently his old show only had 1.8m views.

Fox is fucked. It's over.

(Interesting the imbed says 7.3m, but if you look in a browser it will say 22m. wtfdik)

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Cool.

Fuck off.

You contribute nothing of value you coward.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2023

Glenn Beck's live show in the morning is also broadcast (Seattle area) on AM 1090, not widely known. Or maybe it is.

Interesting tidbit. Glenn's Blaze TV has a HUGE foreign listener base.

I got Beck on the way to work and then at lunch too if I’m out runnin errands. And at lunch today He described his experience at Fox with his initial interview and how Murdoch would shake him down for saying God too much down the road. He said in his onboard that the person doing it never looked him in the eye. And at the end finally did, and said, we know everyone makes mistakes. But we have a great skill of making them disappear.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,233
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

22M views since primetime. Apparently released at the same time his old show started.

(Interesting the imbed says 7.3m, but if you look in a browser it will say 22m. wtfdik)

Tucker's show on Fox averaged 3.3 million views per night
  • Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

MelloDawg said:

Cool.

Fuck off.

Mello contributes a centrist sort of je ne sais quoi
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

MelloDawg said:

Cool.

Fuck off.

Mello contributes a centrist sort of je ne sais quoi
    In English we? call that cowardice.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

Just the thing you would expect to hear from a deposed right wing firebrand.

Sarcasm off.

He and Glen Beck are about all that we have left. As fatalistic as I’ve been. I still feel hope when I listen to both of them. Not any when I listen to a politician from either side. And I rarely hear Tucker as I don’t watch cable news. I think Tucker could make a big impact as the new Rush on the radio and Pood’s. Much bigger than He has already.

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold yer horses. We've got Charlie Kirk, Jack Posobiec (Human Events Podcast), and Steve Bannon's War Room.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

pawz said:

https://ace.mu.nu/

Tucker's show on Fox averaged 3.3 million views per night
    Fox is worried. They are brave-facing this and saying "We lost O'Reilly too, and came back stronger than ever" -- with Tucker Carlson, of course -- and saying that the network is the star, not the actual people on camera.

But in the actual C-suites at Fox, they're secretly panicking that This Time It's Different.

How many times can Fox News announce to its conservative audience that they're actually liberals or liberal-leaning neocons at best and expect to keep them?

Not only did Tucker bring in huge ratings, but he also brought in young viewers. He had huge ratings among younger viewers (the coveted "demo" of viewers aged 25-54, which doesn't sound so young, but this isn't my business).

Fox can barely draw anyone under 60.

And now? Are the younger viewers who tuned into Fox for Tucker showing up for his replacements?

Nope!

Fox just got beaten in the demo by CNN and MSNBC in the 8 o'clock hour.

• Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited April 2023
    So now the WSJ, Murdock owned, is saying Trucker was fired over the pending lawsuit by a former producer.

Sure.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Swaye said:

I hope Fox goes bankrupt. Charlatans.

I’d like a slow, miserable, painful demise. Good thing they have Paul Ryan charting their course.

Losers LOSE.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,100
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Politico reported that officials at the Pentagon cheered his firing. They grew tired of his constant “bagging” on the Military. Let that sink in.

I don't know if anyone could bag on the military more than actual military members. Had a conversation with a general a month ago, who bagged on the military.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

So now the WSJ, Murdock owned, is saying Trucker was fired over the pending lawsuit by a former producer.

Sure.

Tucker never met the former producer, Abby Grossberg. Seems like a pretty bogus lawsuit against Tucker.

https://ace.mu.nu/

Fox News seems to be following the Disney example. They're not just firing Tucker, they are trying to make sure that the man they just fired can never secure work elsewhere.

By the way, Tucker Carlson never met Abby Grossberg. Her own lawyers confirm that. He lives in Florida and never comes to New York, where she works. This "hostile work environment" concerns his staffers who work in New York and are actually under the direct management and supervision of... Fox News's New York executives.

One of the things she claims created a "hostile work environment" was a bad picture of Nancy Pelosi which the staffers had printed out and put on a wall. This triggered her, so you know you can completely trust her judgments as to what does and does not make for a "hostile work environment."

She also claims the staffers -- not Tucker Carlson himself -- made "antisemitic" comments.

I think she's naming Tucker Carlson just because it will get more press and put more pressure on Fox News to settle.

This smear was leaked to Noted Conservative Standard-Bearer, the New York Times.

Tucker Carlson is facing a lawsuit from his former head of booking, Abby Grossberg, who says she was subjected to a hostile and discriminatory work environment.
    Ms. Grossberg, who was fired by Fox News shortly after she filed two lawsuits against the company in March, joined Mr. Carlson's team in 2022 after several years as a senior producer for Maria Bartiromo, another Fox host.

Ms. Grossberg said in the lawsuit naming Mr. Carlson that male producers regularly used vulgarities to describe women and frequently made antisemitic jokes.

Oh dear, not vulgarities used to describe women!

I'll wait for details on this one, but I'm currently observing a world in which stating the true fact that George Soros funds the Soros Prosecutors is claimed by media fact-checkers funded by George Soros to be an "antisemitic trope" because it encourages people to think that Jews control the world. As opposed to evil foreign criminal billionaire masterminds who once "broke England" by shorting the British pound.

But you can't say that George Soros donates huge sums of money to Democrat and/or Communists because it's a "trope."

On to the c-word smear.

who did Tucker Carlson call the c-word?

Well, Megyn Kelly is pretty sure Tucker called Irena Briganti a c-word.

Who, Megyn Kelly says, and has said before, actually is a c-word, and made her own exit from Fox a poisonous ordeal as well.

Megyn Kelly pointed a figurative finger on national television at Irena Briganti, a Fox News flack who Kelly said "is known for her vindictiveness," including against individuals who have accused men at Fox of sexual harassment. On Monday, she slammed Briganti on NBC's Megyn Kelly Today, after calling out Bill O'Reilly for claiming that no one had ever complained about him to the network.
    Briganti is infamous within media circles, but not among the general public. Who is the powerful woman at Fox News who Kelly describes as an enabler of harassment at the network?

According to her bio page on Fox News's media relations site, Briganti is the executive vice president of corporate communications for Fox News and Fox Business Network, a role she took on in September 2013....

That seems to include Briganti going after the media as well as employees when they disparage Fox News, alleges Kelly.

Those unfriendly roadblocks have apparently included Briganti, who Kelly said "is known for her vindictiveness. To this day, she pushes negative articles on certain Ailes accusers, like the one you are looking at right now." The lawyer Doug Wigdor and former Fox News anchor Juliet Huddy, one of the women who has accused O'Reilly of harassment, also came on Kelly's show and criticized Briganti for allegedly leaking the identity of another accuser to the National Enquirer.

Kelly is not the first to use the word vindictive in describing Briganti. A 2008 Gawker post titled "Irena Briganti, the Most Vindictive Flack in the Media World" has Hamilton Nolan describing her as "the face of Fox's feared, vengeful media relations operation," and "the female alter ego and mouthpiece of Fox boss Roger Ailes."

Nolan followed up his first post with a slew of stories--anonymous emails describing Briganti as "she-devil," "hatchet woman," "crazier than a bitch on crack."

"Several Fox women told me that one of the reasons they did not speak up about sexual harassment in the past was that they were terrified Briganti would find out and smear them in the press," he wrote for New York magazine last year, in an article about Ailes negotiating his exit...

Apparently Irena Briganti's big move is to leak damaging smears to a friendly reporter, and then have that reporter quote her as saying, "Fox News does not comment on personnel files."

She is hated and reviled for her use of personnel files to intimidate and punish Fox News producers and hosts:

Briganti leads Fox's infamous "media relations" department that has functioned as one of Ailes's primary tools of control. Fox anchors and producers live in fear of crossing Briganti, who is known for leaking damaging personal stories about Fox employees to journalists.
    So the best theory is that Irina Briganti released that personnel file dirt that Carlson had called a female executive a "c**t." Fox News hid which executive he called that, claiming they wanted to protect the woman so-slurred.

Tucker declared, "I want people to know who I called that."

Everyone in media, including the leftists who hate Fox, understand perfectly well that she is a "c*nt." Fox News didn't hide that information to protect an executive; they buried that fact to make things look bad for Tucker.

Because if the story were "Tucker called Irina Briganti a c*nt," everyone would say, "Well that's fair, innit?"

So they're trying to pretend he called some other, less vicious executive a "c**t."

Your honor, let the record reflect that Irena Briganti is, legally, a c**t.

I mean: Just look at her.

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    pawz said:

MelloDawg said:

Cool.

Fuck off.

I thought that was the entry level qualification to post here?