Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ESPN reportedly predicts UW to finish 8-4 this season

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,755 Founders Club
I'll take the over, pods

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,095 Founders Club
    Thanks Taft!

#metoo
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Sounds a little high
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    TCU lost their Championship game and were "gifted" entrance into the playoffs. Michigan plays its worst game possible yet only comes back to win. TCU goes on to play Georgia. I didn't even watch the game. "I'm not paying money to watch TCU get butchered". Woke up the next morning 65-7. That was 3+ hours saved. TCU was a cinderella team in a conference that wasn't that good.

ESPN is marginal entertainment. If you used their "insight" for actually betting you'd end up broke.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,656 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck ESPN.

It's certainly possible to lose some close games, but the team just looked and played better than all of their opponents in the 4th quarter, and that's coaching and S+C.

Even against UCLA and ASU.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but fuck ESPN
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,109
    8-4 would be a massive disappointment.

The O/U for Oregon, USC, and UW should be 10-10.5

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,602 Founders Club
    ESPN also takes into account their shitty recruiting rankings even though they won’t say it.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739

Doogles said:

One of the main predictors of a quality team to the computers are blowout wins. The computers don't like UW much because every game was sorta close thanks to one of the worst passing defenses i've ever seen.

If the D makes any type of step forward and allows for some score separation, UW will shoot up these polls.

The reality is, we easily could have been 9-4 last year without tweaking much. The D needs to get stops or we're fucked.

Totally agree. I know it was a spring scrimmage but the moves of Powell and Hampton looked like good ones on Saturday. The CBs look better. I’ll be shocked if by the end of fall camp a rotation of Mohammed, Dixon and Jackson aren’t better than any combo that was trotted out last year. The D line consistently reset the LOS and that allowed the LBs to flow unencumbered to the ball. I think a step forward should be expected not hoped for. Year 1 to year 2 at Fresno was drastic in terms of scoring defense for this staff. I’m hoping the defense can rest into that 18-20ppg zone next year. If the offense scores 40 again this team should be very hard to beat.
    Edge, lb, and db positions looked much more competent in the spring game.

Virtually all the transfers on d looked like upgrades to the depth.

I think the d will be legitimately above average.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    Edge was always extremely competent
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    jesus you still visit ESPN?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

One of the main predictors of a quality team to the computers are blowout wins. The computers don't like UW much because every game was sorta close thanks to one of the worst passing defenses i've ever seen.

If the D makes any type of step forward and allows for some score separation, UW will shoot up these polls.

The reality is, we easily could have been 9-4 last year without tweaking much. The D needs to get stops or we're fucked.

DeBoer wouldn't be encouraging his players to publicly shoot for the moon if he didn't think the backend could hold up this coming season

Even last year DeBoer said he didn't want to put a limit in his players' heads about how far they could go.
    Never trust the Dutch.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,755 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

jesus you still visit ESPN?

If I had visited ESPN, would I not therefore have a link to post, sir?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,095 Founders Club

Doogles said:

DeBoer wouldn't be encouraging his players to publicly shoot for the moon if he didn't think the backend could hold up this coming season

Even last year DeBoer said he didn't want to put a limit in his players' heads about how far they could go.
    Never trust the Dutch.
    Dwayne Washington:fumbling problems::GRUNDLE:Dutch hatred
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,755 Founders Club

Doogles said:

Never trust Dutch Ovens.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739

Edge was always extremely competent

Outside of Trice it wasn’t really special last year IMO. ZTF was okay. I guess you could say competent, but durfee really makes it a genuinely good group.