Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Remeber when

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,544
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:
    Wow, just wow. If you take anything that dumb xenophobic cunt has to say seriously, you need to off yourself. Actually, she sounds right up your alley Toppy. No wonder no one takes the right seriously.
    Sounds like she got the reaction out of you she was shooting for.
    If that reaction was me laughing, sure. She's Kris Vashon FS.
    I guess you "laughing" comes across on the internet as a angry rant. Nothing in your post suggested anything but being a pissed off soccer homo.
    You got me all wrong micky. I'm ecstatic because the US just made the 2nd round. Haters gonna hate.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:
    Wow, just wow. If you take anything that dumb xenophobic cunt has to say seriously, you need to off yourself. Actually, she sounds right up your alley Toppy. No wonder no one takes the right seriously.
    she boom roasted your theory right here (emphasis mine):

If more "Americans" are watching soccer today, it's only because of the demographic switch effected by Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration law. I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time.
    She had some interesting info. It doesn't measure up to American football in terms of viewership which is no surprise at all. That doesn't mean it's going anywhere. 20 million viewers is still 20 million.

Then she went ahead and perfectly supported what PurpleJ said, and you even italicized it for emphasis. Fucking christ. Nimrods like her can't get out of their own way. She should have just stuck to the first point, which is that soccer will never exceed football in the US in terms of popularity. Call it good at that and you win.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:
    Sounds like she got the reaction out of you she was shooting for.
    If that reaction was me laughing, sure. She's Kris Vashon FS.
    I guess you "laughing" comes across on the internet as a angry rant. Nothing in your post suggested anything but being a pissed off soccer homo.
    You got me all wrong micky. I'm ecstatic because the US just made the 2nd round. Hatters gonna hat.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

My family came here in the 1800s and I'm watching soccer. Can't wait for the US to become majority Hispanic, just to watch her head explode.

Sounds like you want America to fail so you can be right.
    I just want America to beat the world at the thing they love the most. I'm sorry you're not a true Patriot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ps7xmW-9LXQ
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

My family came here in the 1800s and I'm watching soccer. Can't wait for the US to become majority Hispanic, just to watch her head explode.

I just want America to beat the world at the thing they love the most. I'm sorry you're not a true Patriot.

That's not what you said...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I just did. You're entering Ann Coulter FS territory here.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The World Cup only happens once every 4 years. The real question is how many Americans are watching the Champions League Final and the MLS. The number isn't very high. It's still the 4th (at best) most popular sport for Americans. The average NBA or MLB regular season game has to draw better ratings than an MLS game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

You're entering PGOS territory. We can all read what you said..

"My family came here in the 1800s and I'm watching soccer. Can't wait for the US to become majority Hispanic, just to watch her head explode."
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    People only care about Soccer in the USA every 4 years. If the USA does something half good like lose to advance to the next stage, then the fever lasts another 5 or 6 days until they knocked out in the 1st rd of the sweet 16. By then hardly anyone will know nor care who is in the WC final and Soccer will return to it's place as about the 9th or 10th most popular sport here.

One only needs to look at MLS ratings to see that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The World Cup only happens once every 4 years. The real question is how many Americans are watching the Champions League Final and the MLS. The number isn't very high. It's still the 4th (at best) most popular sport for Americans. The average NBA or MLB regular season game has to draw better ratings than an MLS game.

Not gonna argue with you about the MLS. NOGAF about that dreckfest, and soccer won't grow to it's potential unless that changes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

"My family came here in the 1800s and I'm watching soccer. Can't wait for the US to become majority Hispanic, just to watch her head explode."
    And that equates to wanting the US to fail.

You sound pretty racist dude. No wonder you like Coutler's cobweb cunt.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

And that equates to wanting the US to fail.

You sound pretty racist dude. No wonder you like Coutler's cobweb cunt.
    When did I say I liked coulter? Please provide that quote.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2014
    PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:
    So....

You've told 2 different people that they should commit suicide in this thread all the while berating people as unsophisticated for not appreciating the nuance' of the beautiful game .

You're behaviour in this thread pretty much nails the liberal MO.

• Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Who gives a fuck if soccer is or isn't popular? NASCAR is apparently a huge fucking deal, but I know nothing about it and don't follow it because... Christ... Driving in circles.

So stfu if you don't like soccer. We get it. Back to whatever you typically do on a thurs morning before the terrible World Cup brought an ounce of excitement into your life.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2014
    wasnt there a rule back then keeping professional whores and hockey players (read Canadians) from deserting to play for Canada? I heard some lemonhead reminiscing about it saying that only college students were allowed to play in the Olympics.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who gives a fuck if soccer is or isn't popular? NASCAR is apparently a huge fucking deal, but I know nothing about it and don't follow it because... Christ... Driving in circles.

So stfu if you don't like soccer. We get it. Back to whatever you typically do on a thurs morning before the terrible World Cup brought an ounce of excitement into your life.

The difference is if you talk shit about NASCAR, no one gets pissed off. Talk shit about soccer and we get hours of entertainment.

By the way, what the fuck do you expect by talking soccer on a UW football board? I'm sure there are plenty of places you guys and suck each other off in peace.
    I know, right? Jeez you are easy to troll. Whoever said that was right.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014
    PurpleJ said:

The difference is if you talk shit about NASCAR, no one gets pissed off. Talk shit about soccer and we get hours of entertainment.

By the way, what the fuck do you expect by talking soccer on a UW football board? I'm sure there are plenty of places you guys and suck each other off in peace.
    I know, right? Jeez you are easy to troll. Whoever said that was right.
    You're worse at this than I thought.

Yeah...that's always a good comeback after you've been embarrassed for all to see. "No seriously, I was whooshing you and you fell for it!!' Trolololo!!!"