Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Remeber when

topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

This is what America was about ...

Getting it done when it was all on the line.

Soccer and ties are for fags.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Half our members weren't alive when America kicked ass. They don't know any better.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    People forget that the US only beat the Russians for the gold medal because they tied Sweden in group play:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hockey_at_the_1980_Winter_Olympics

Had the US lost to Sweden, the Russians would still have gotten the gold.

Oh, and the US has to beat Finland, but people here usually remember that one.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,544
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Soccer will be the most popular sport in America some day. Maybe you should kill yourself before that happens.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I support the US World Cup team, because I don't hate America.

USA USA USA
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

USA USA USA

Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to lose. I never want America to lose at any organized sporting event. I just think soccer is a slapdick sport that licks monkey balls, so I am not cheering for them to win. But, I would rather them win and be King of the Fags, than lose and be the rectal pin cushion for the rest of the world.

• Options
    Swaye said:

PurpleJ said:

USA USA USA

Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to lose. I never want America to lose at any organized sporting event. I just think soccer is a slapdick sport that licks monkey balls, so I am not cheering for them to win. But, I would rather them win and be King of the Fags, than lose and be the rectal pin cushion for the rest of the world.

This.

Don't forget we can tie and it's kinda like a win.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Soccer will be the most popular sport in America some day. Maybe you should kill yourself before that happens.

When is this going to be? The MLS is the professional league here. Real soccer fans don't even watch it.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Soccer is fun. I liked playing it when I was a kid and like coaching it now. It never got in the way of the sports I was serious about when I was a kid, and I've battled hard to make sure my own son is better at baseball than soccer since he doesn't like football.

I can watch about half a game once a week on TV. It's interesting for me because I've coached at a medium level of play (skilled 14 year olds) and I compare what they're doing to what I can get out of the kids, hopefully learning something in the process. That's about all I can watch though. It's a little boring after a bit and there's a lot of gayness going around that makes me feel guilty for watching somehow.

Just thought I'd throw that little confession out there. You all can blow me.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:
    Wow, just wow. If you take anything that dumb xenophobic cunt has to say seriously, you need to off yourself. Actually, she sounds right up your alley Toppy. No wonder no one takes the right seriously.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:
    Wow, just wow. If you take anything that dumb xenophobic cunt has to say seriously, you need to off yourself. Actually, she sounds right up your alley Toppy. No wonder no one takes the right seriously.
    Sounds like she got the reaction out of you she was shooting for.
    If that reaction was me laughing, sure. She's Kris Vashon FS.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:
    she boom roasted your theory right here (emphasis mine):

Soccer is not "catching on." Headlines this week proclaimed "Record U.S. ratings for World Cup," and we had to hear -- again -- about the "growing popularity of soccer in the United States."

The USA-Portugal game was the blockbuster match, garnering 18.2 million viewers on ESPN. This beat the second-most watched soccer game ever: The 1999 Women's World Cup final (USA vs. China) on ABC. (In soccer, the women's games are as thrilling as the men's.)

Run-of-the-mill, regular-season Sunday Night Football games average more than 20 million viewers; NFL playoff games get 30 to 40 million viewers; and this year's Super Bowl had 111.5 million viewers.

Remember when the media tried to foist British soccer star David Beckham and his permanently camera-ready wife on us a few years ago? Their arrival in America was heralded with 24-7 news coverage. That lasted about two days. Ratings tanked. No one cared.

If more "Americans" are watching soccer today, it's only because of the demographic switch effected by Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration law. I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

People have been saying that since 1968 1918...

Read an article in WSJ or someplace last month, and it had stuff from post WWI where people thought doughboys would bring back the love, along with the clap, from Europe.

I know, great linkage as always.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My family came here in the 1800s and I'm watching soccer. Can't wait for the US to become majority Hispanic, just to watch her head explode.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:
    Sounds like she got the reaction out of you she was shooting for.
    If that reaction was me laughing, sure. She's Kris Vashon FS.
    I guess you "laughing" comes across on the internet as a angry rant. Nothing in your post suggested anything but being a pissed off soccer homo.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam