Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Marcus Peters back home

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter
    I'm hearing the waiting is the hardest part
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    If only the Huskies would stop dragging my heart around
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,253 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

dtd said:

DeBoer seems like a more balanced modern coach. Pete too rigid. Still The hate for him here is still pretty cray tho.

All Petersen had to do was the finish the job and win any NY6. Fucking up a pretty open PAC 12 in 2019 (sorry neither Utah nor Oregon was dominant), especially given his momentum for 3 years, and then quitting, is unforgivable.
    I don't know about it being unforgivable, but it is a major part of his underachieving legacy.
    I think people have a negative view of Pete because many felt he needed to make a few changes to adapt to a modern college football environment (*cough* offense) but he was stubborn and refused to change.

I think that stubbornness to adapt to modern, Power 5 football is what held him, and thus us, back.

Fans here adore DeBoer since he has many of the same intangibles as Pete (he's an adult) but is willing to be a modern college football coach.
    Hyperthetical - what if Pete is able to hire Deboer instead of Hamden?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    For years, you know sometimes, I don't know why, but this old board just seemed so hopeless when it came to Husky football.

haie said:

dtd said:

DeBoer seems like a more balanced modern coach. Pete too rigid. Still The hate for him here is still pretty cray tho.

All Petersen had to do was the finish the job and win any NY6. Fucking up a pretty open PAC 12 in 2019 (sorry neither Utah nor Oregon was dominant), especially given his momentum for 3 years, and then quitting, is unforgivable.
    I don't know about it being unforgivable, but it is a major part of his underachieving legacy.
    I think people have a negative view of Pete because many felt he needed to make a few changes to adapt to a modern college football environment (*cough* offense) but he was stubborn and refused to change.

I think that stubbornness to adapt to modern, Power 5 football is what held him, and thus us, back.

Fans here adore DeBoer since he has many of the same intangibles as Pete (he's an adult) but is willing to be a modern college football coach.
    I don't think it would have been a great result. Pete would still Pete it up. People forget that he was an offensive coach first.

People forget that.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,789 Founders Club

haie said:

dtd said:

Pete gets rejuvenated by DeBoers drive and the ease with which UW now scores. The 2019 Rose Bowl is a resounding UW victory, followed by Big Dick Eason being first team all P12 QB and a second straight Rose Bowl appearance in 2020. The two slog through shitty P12 Covid year when Pete decides it’s time to hang it up and gives the reigns to the obvious choice, his new hero, Kalen DeBoer in 2021.
    No Penix if Pete hires DeBoer
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,253 Swaye's Wigwam
    For the sake of this hypothetical let's say Pete was good enough to realize he needed to hire a real offensive coordinator and let him actually coordinate.

For the sake of this hypothetical let's say Pete was good enough to realize he needed to hire a real offensive coordinator and let him actually coordinate.

Are you thinking this would have helped Pete care a little more about coaching football? Because it seems like he didn't want to do the job anymore, and I think you still need to have a head coach who wants to do the work necessary.
    TheHB said:

Are you thinking this would have helped Pete care a little more about coaching football? Because it seems like he didn't want to do the job anymore, and I think you still need to have a head coach who wants to do the work necessary.
    I think instead of winning games 27-23 or losing games 6-13 UW is winning them 38-16. Easier to relax and enjoy the process a little. Lake probably bails for a new DC gig as KDB passes him in the eyes of Husky fans as a HC in waiting and the defense is turned back over to Kwitkowski in 2019. I still think the Covid year ends his career but DeBoer is in place and recruiting remains high in 2020 and 2021 as long as Pete was on board and closing recruits. UW is seen as the preeminent program on the coast because of four straight NY6 games between 2017-2020 and three P12 titles in four years. Pete lasts a couple years longer but the cult of DeBoer takes Pete on a nice ride to close his career.
    dnc said:

No Penix if Pete hires DeBoer

Haener wins a Heisman in purple.
    Derek's burner account
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156

We got lucky Pete quit even if it meant Jimmy

Because we got lucky hiring Deboer

Even the losers get lucky sometimes

So long as the UW AD doesn't fuck up our conference alliance issue. Otherwise, DeBoer will be door-ass-out to ND or some other big gig based on his current trajectory.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

dtd said:

Petersen built the 2nd best defense UW has ever seen full of badasses, and unfortunately got Bama draw in Atlanta.

I think if UW gets Clemson in the Fiesta or Rose, UW plays for the natty.

Ill never hate Pete after that awesome 2016 season.

The other seasons had ups and big downs, but 2016 was cathartic

He had a fucking horrible gameplan against Bama besides the first TD.

There's a universe where he isn't a fucking retard and whoever our shitty kicker was at the time wins a close game at the end. Bama had to wear us down over 4 quarters running it, there was plenty of time.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,376 Founders Club

TheHB said:

I think instead of winning games 27-23 or losing games 6-13 UW is winning them 38-16. Easier to relax and enjoy the process a little. Lake probably bails for a new DC gig as KDB passes him in the eyes of Husky fans as a HC in waiting and the defense is turned back over to Kwitkowski in 2019. I still think the Covid year ends his career but DeBoer is in place and recruiting remains high in 2020 and 2021 as long as Pete was on board and closing recruits. UW is seen as the preeminent program on the coast because of four straight NY6 games between 2017-2020 and three P12 titles in four years. Pete lasts a couple years longer but the cult of DeBoer takes Pete on a nice ride to close his career.
    Does this look like a man who would relax up 38-16?

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,908 Founders Club

haie said:

dtd said:

Are you gnu?

We? don't deal in hypotheticals.

TheHB said:

To be honest I’m pretty sure this gif is from 2014. I don’t think there’s a team in his career he enjoyed coaching less than the sloppy mess he inherited from Sark.

TheHB said:

To be honest I’m pretty sure this gif is from 2014. I don’t think there’s a team in his career he enjoyed coaching less than the sloppy mess he inherited from Sark.

That’s gold Jerry! Gold!