Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

T’s and P’s to Yella

2»

Comments

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2023

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

We have plenty of their demographic, but the Chik-fil-a drive through took too many of their customers.

Love some Chick-fa-La…

Great chicken, awesome tenders, stand for good reasons like not open on Sundays. Best chicken franchise eva. Anyone don’t agree can get fucked. With a rusty railroad spike square in the brown eye.

Finally got one in our town(other was only a few miles away). Great franchise. And thriving. Will be there when all the other chicken dipshits fail…👍

Course Popeyes ain’t bad either. But good thing Starfucks hasn’t started a chicken alternative.
    Not being open on Sundays is fucking gay. What, you're at church for 24 straight hours? Fuck off with that.

Same goes for Chuck's Produce and choosing to not sell shellfish. I don't care about your religion sell me some fucking oysters so I don't have to make another stop you fucking assholes.
    You would have loved America pre 1970s

Banks open from 9 to 3. No ATM

Grocery stores close at 6

No booze allowed to be sold on Sunday. Most every thing was closed anyway

7-11 changed America

I was there

By the way it was literally 7am to 11pm. That was radical
    I was stationed at Fort Stewart Georgia a little outside Savannah from 93-98. You couldn’t buy alcohol on Sundays unless you were on base. I got so used to it, I either stocked up on Saturday or went on base to get more. I don’t know if and when they changed it.

There are still dry counties in Kentucky and Tennessee.
    Any dry counties in Mississippi, pod?

@SECDAWG

Don’t think there are any “dry” counties left but that’s only been recently with a last few counties within the state, like the last 10 years. But there are limits in some counties, like can’t sell any alcohol outside city limits ….or no juke joints within that particular county…. or no hard liquor sells, etc. Still can not buy hard liquor on Sunday, only beer from noon til 10 pm, I think. So better stock up on any vodka, bourbon, etc if one plans to partake on Sunday with drinks.

Liquor sells Monday through Saturday 10am-10 pm, Beer 8 am-2am. Everywhere stops serving at 2am, last call, then it’s BYOB. Hard liquor is only sold by licensed liquor stores, restaurants and clubs/bars/venues for drinks..IOW, no grocery stores, gas stations, etc sell hard liquor…and no drive through daiquiri shops and shit, that would be our hard drinking neighbor state to the west. Can go get anything you want, at anytime you want and anywhere you want, pretty much, in Cajun land.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

We have plenty of their demographic, but the Chik-fil-a drive through took too many of their customers.

Love some Chick-fa-La…

Great chicken, awesome tenders, stand for good reasons like not open on Sundays. Best chicken franchise eva. Anyone don’t agree can get fucked. With a rusty railroad spike square in the brown eye.

Finally got one in our town(other was only a few miles away). Great franchise. And thriving. Will be there when all the other chicken dipshits fail…👍

Course Popeyes ain’t bad either. But good thing Starfucks hasn’t started a chicken alternative.
    Not being open on Sundays is fucking gay. What, you're at church for 24 straight hours? Fuck off with that.

Same goes for Chuck's Produce and choosing to not sell shellfish. I don't care about your religion sell me some fucking oysters so I don't have to make another stop you fucking assholes.

7-11 changed America

I was there

I was stationed at Fort Stewart Georgia a little outside Savannah from 93-98. You couldn’t buy alcohol on Sundays unless you were on base. I got so used to it, I either stocked up on Saturday or went on base to get more. I don’t know if and when they changed it.

You can get fucked up out of your mind in Savannah and wander the streets with a to go cup. The Sunday laws have changed too so cocktails are plentiful. A proper southern gentleman enjoys a mimosa with his sunday brunch. Followed by rum punch or bourbon the rest of the day.

Midnight in the garden of good and evil, indeed

No legal weed though. Just yet. “Medical” dispensaries.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

7-11 changed America

I was there

You can get fucked up out of your mind in Savannah and wander the streets with a to go cup. The Sunday laws have changed too so cocktails are plentiful. A proper southern gentleman enjoys a mimosa with his sunday brunch. Followed by rum punch or bourbon the rest of the day.

Back in the 90s, you could still get drinks at restaurants but none of the clubs/bars were open on Sunday. The to go cup remains one of my favorite things about Savannah.

To poorly quote Midnight in the Garden, “in Atlanta, they ask were you work; in Macon, they ask where you go to church; in Savannah, they ask what you’re drinking.”
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

7-11 changed America

I was there

Back in the 90s, you could still get drinks at restaurants but none of the clubs/bars were open on Sunday. The to go cup remains one of my favorite things about Savannah.

To poorly quote Midnight in the Garden, “in Atlanta, they ask were you work; in Macon, they ask where you go to church; in Savannah, they ask what you’re drinking.”
    When the tourist bucks started flowing in the last couple years, the city fathers changed the laws. It was called the "brunch law" or something. I don't think you can buy a bottle until like 11AM but liquor is plentiful on the day of rest.

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm fine with businesses that choose to close on Sundays. That's their choice, and they reap the economic consequences.

I'm not fine with businesses being forced to close or limit sales of goods on Sundays. Interesting that it's down south, land of freedom and capitalism, where you find such ordinances. Seems a bit hypocritical.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    Founders Club

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

7-11 changed America

I was there

When the tourist bucks started flowing in the last couple years, the city fathers changed the laws. It was called the "brunch law" or something. I don't think you can buy a bottle until like 11AM but liquor is plentiful on the day of rest.

REAL God told them what’s up.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm fine with businesses that choose to close on Sundays. That's their choice, and they reap the economic consequences.

I'm not fine with businesses being forced to close or limit sales of goods on Sundays. Interesting that it's down south, land of freedom and capitalism, where you find such ordinances. Seems a bit hypocritical.

No one but HH has a problem with businesses doing what they want.

The point is that it's genuinely nonsensical that some of them do these dumb ass things and then say "we're standing for good values"

What values are those fucktards? Not getting takeout chicken sandwiches after church? There's actually a marketing opportunity there to have 400lb a piece Johnny WarEaglr and his fat ass Auburn family to get Chick-fil-A after church, but whatever.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

The point is that it's genuinely nonsensical that some of them do these dumb ass things and then say "we're standing for good values"

What values are those fucktards? Not getting takeout chicken sandwiches after church? There's actually a marketing opportunity there to have 400lb a piece Johnny WarEaglr and his fat ass Auburn family to get Chick-fil-A after church, but whatever.
    The Marriotts (Mormons) will do anything for a buck and will sell the shit out of booze to gentiles. Respeck.
    haie said:

“Rest on Sunday”, pod… it’s in there.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

haie said:

Christ
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Do Jiffy Lube and Les Schwab close on Sundays for church? Did you know that REAL Korean teriyaki joints also close on Sundays? Plenty of other examples out there.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023

haie said:

Do Jiffy Lube and Les Schwab close on Sundays for church? Did you know that REAL Korean teriyaki joints also close on Sundays? Plenty of other examples out there.
    I didn't know that exactly, but they also sound like gay fags.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

haie said:

How do you know Sunday is the 7th day and not the 1st?

That's what I thought.

Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

That's what I thought.

Most software systems apply a '1' or '0' to it. So no, it usually is not the last day of a week.
    Founders Club
    haie said:

pawz said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

That's what I thought.

Most software systems apply a '1' or '0' to it. So no, it usually is not the last day of a week.
    I'm hearing on the 7th day HE rested. Just what I'm hearing.

So confusing

@dnc true ???

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chik Fil A was the first restaurant in a mall. He sold his sandwich at the Waffle House. WH stopped when the sandwich out sold the waffles.

Short on cash he got a small spot in a new mall in Atlanta when malls were new. The original food court

Csb

#HistoryChannel

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    pawz said:

haie said:

pawz said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

That's what I thought.

So confusing

@dnc true ???

TRUE
    edited March 2023
    pawz said:

haie said:

pawz said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

That's what I thought.

So confusing

@dnc true ???

Follow lead? No?

Coulda have been Liday or Soday, I guess, but was the 7th..I think. Which is Sunday?

Or Maybe not. May have been Bumday, Ekday or Rasday..guess it was named another name. Someday?
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

pawz said:

haie said:

pawz said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

That's what I thought.

So confusing

@dnc true ???

Follow lead? No?

Coulda have been Liday or Soday, I guess, but was the 7th..I think. Which is Sunday?

Or Maybe not. May have been Bumday, Ekday or Rasday..guess it was named another name. Someday?
    @GrundleStiltzkin HELP!1!!