Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

T’s and P’s to Yella

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
https://www.kptv.com/2023/03/20/cracker-barrel-permanently-closes-remaining-portland-metro-area-restaurants/

“As a standard course of business, we continually evaluate the performance of our stores, using various criteria to ensure we are meeting the needs of our guests and our business. With that, we are saddened that we have been unable to overcome the impact the pandemic had on our business and have made the difficult decision to close the Beaverton, Tualatin, and Bend locations.”

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sad to see how far White Wakanda has fallen.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

https://www.kptv.com/2023/03/20/cracker-barrel-permanently-closes-remaining-portland-metro-area-restaurants/

“As a standard course of business, we continually evaluate the performance of our stores, using various criteria to ensure we are meeting the needs of our guests and our business. With that, we are saddened that we have been unable to overcome the impact the pandemic had on our business and have made the difficult decision to close the Beaverton, Tualatin, and Bend locations.”

Welcome to yesterday

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/105066/cracker-barrel-permanently-closes-remaining-portland-metro-area-restaurants-kptv-fox-12-oregon-49-2#latest
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We have plenty of their demographic, but the Chik-fil-a drive through took too many of their customers.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    Founders Club

Welcome to yesterday

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/105066/cracker-barrel-permanently-closes-remaining-portland-metro-area-restaurants-kptv-fox-12-oregon-49-2#latest
    Huh?
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2023

We have plenty of their demographic, but the Chik-fil-a drive through took too many of their customers.

Love some Chick-fa-La…

Great chicken, awesome tenders, stand for good reasons like not open on Sundays. Best chicken franchise eva. Anyone don’t agree can get fucked. With a rusty railroad spike square in the brown eye.

Finally got one in our town(other was only a few miles away). Great franchise. And thriving. Will be there when all the other chicken dipshits fail…👍

Course Popeyes ain’t bad either. But good thing Starfucks hasn’t started a chicken alternative.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

Great chicken, awesome tenders, stand for good reasons like not open on Sundays. Best chicken franchise eva. Anyone don’t agree can get fucked. With a rusty railroad spike square in the brown eye.

Finally got one in our town(other was only a few miles away). Great franchise. And thriving. Will be there when all the other chicken dipshits fail…👍

Course Popeyes ain’t bad either. But good thing Starfucks hasn’t started a chicken alternative.
    Chick-fil-a is the only fast food I’ll eat. It’s good, the restaurants are always clean and the drive through is a model of peak efficiency.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

Not being open on Sundays is fucking gay. What, you're at church for 24 straight hours? Fuck off with that.

Same goes for Chuck's Produce and choosing to not sell shellfish. I don't care about your religion sell me some fucking oysters so I don't have to make another stop you fucking assholes.
    There are 6 other days in the week you can go there to get food. Get over yourself.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    You guys get pretty wound up about a fucking chicken sandwich.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    Popeyes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chic filet.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

Not being open on Sundays is fucking gay. What, you're at church for 24 straight hours? Fuck off with that.

Same goes for Chuck's Produce and choosing to not sell shellfish. I don't care about your religion sell me some fucking oysters so I don't have to make another stop you fucking assholes.
    There are 6 other days in the week you can go there to get food. Get over yourself.
    No, I prefer to be a cunt about it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

You would have loved America pre 1970s

Banks open from 9 to 3. No ATM

Grocery stores close at 6

No booze allowed to be sold on Sunday. Most every thing was closed anyway

7-11 changed America

I was there

By the way it was literally 7am to 11pm. That was radical
    I feel like I was there, even worse actually, in 2020.

Breweries and restaurants open for dining from like 3-9 and then not at all for months/weeks.

April 2020 when literally one county in Western Washington (Mason?) was allowed to have people in it and I got to sit in a brewery for the first time in months and shit post with an ice cold flowery and faggy IPA. Never taking it for granted again.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220

dflea said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

7-11 changed America

I was there

You had to get your shit squared away the night before if you were going fishing or hunting because you weren't getting gas, food or beer before 6 when you'd be rolling out of town in the morning. And nobody called you- all fucking day, or if they did, the phone just rang 5 times and they'd hang up and try again later..

I'm on board with getting gas, food or cash around the clock and getting beer on Sunday, though. It's an improvement.
    Things that are better than the 70s:

Legal weed.

Give me a minute or two, I'll think of something else...

lol
  • Options
    Founders Club

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

7-11 changed America

I was there

I was stationed at Fort Stewart Georgia a little outside Savannah from 93-98. You couldn’t buy alcohol on Sundays unless you were on base. I got so used to it, I either stocked up on Saturday or went on base to get more. I don’t know if and when they changed it.

There are still dry counties in Kentucky and Tennessee.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Love some Chick-fa-La…

7-11 changed America

I was there

I was stationed at Fort Stewart Georgia a little outside Savannah from 93-98. You couldn’t buy alcohol on Sundays unless you were on base. I got so used to it, I either stocked up on Saturday or went on base to get more. I don’t know if and when they changed it.

There are still dry counties in Kentucky and Tennessee.
    Any dry counties in Mississippi, pod?

@SECDAWG