Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TBS: A Very Sarkisian weekend for Peterman

- Signs a 4-star WR from California
- Loses an in-state "Grinolds/Eklund certified lock to UW" offensive tackle to Oregon (Throckmorton from Newport)

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Newport? We're better off without those limp-wristed losers.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Maybe this Throckmorton kid will turn into a nice OL ... but let's be honest, he's a middle of the pack OL (by rankings) that Sark would have ended up defaulting into at the end after he whiffed on all of the other top OL he made late runs at after remembering that you need to recruit the OL.

Even better IMO that Oregon is taking these kind of middle of the pack OL so early in the recruiting process ... Helfrich is no Chip Kelly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    It's a shame Petersen let Throckmorton get away. I had talked to a former UW assistant while on the Sarkisian coaching staff and he assured me he was going to get him and every other recruit they were going after.

I'm not saying Petersen can't recruit with the big boys so don't go twisting. Just said he hasn't proven he can recruit on this stage yet. I mean look at Dan Hawkins for an example.

My silence on Urban Myer speaks volumes though.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    God damnit Peterton
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Maybe this Throckmorton kid will turn into a nice OL ... but let's be honest, he's a middle of the pack OL (by rankings) that Sark would have ended up defaulting into at the end after he whiffed on all of the other top OL he made late runs at after remembering that you need to recruit the OL.

Even better IMO that Oregon is taking these kind of middle of the pack OL so early in the recruiting process ... Helfrich is no Chip Kelly.

Meh....kind of sounds like bias. Oregon, Michigan and Miami offered an in-state OL and we didn't get him. Oregon also got the other OL too who had a few good offers. I'm not worried about Oregon but I'd be worried about losing in-state lineman.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014

Tequilla said:

Meh....kind of sounds like bias. Oregon, Michigan and Miami offered an in-state OL and we didn't get him. Oregon also got the other OL too who had a few good offers. I'm not worried about Oregon but I'd be worried about losing in-state lineman.
    This. If Sark didn't get this guy a lot would be crying over it and bashing Sark. This doesn't change my opinion of Peterman at all, but the wdwha shit is stupid. It's never okay to lose an in state lineman with those offers.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,119
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Offers from Michigan and Miami (and Oregon) are impressive. But Petersen and staff make their own evals and are very deliberate with their offers.

I know nothing about Throckmorton. But I'm LIPO-ing this.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    USC fans will be happy when this kid wastes a year of eligibility catching 4 passes for 35 yards.
  • Options
    The pirate is doing some fine TBS too. Just landed a 4 star LB who had committed to Cal and is eligible now. Plus this class has three 4* guys which is quite a bit for WSU.

I think under the Pirate they are going to be like what Oregon State was under Reiley. Make consistent second tier bowls.
  • Options

The best part of the Pirate's current recruiting good fortune will be the coog meltdowns in January when all these guys start committing to the schools they will really attend

Those are always the best when they get a false sense of hope that a 4 star is theirs until he isn't.

You get great Coog pressing such as that Bishop Sankey article where they claimed he'll be playing at Eastern in a year.
  • Options
    Bishop Snakey LOL!!!!1!12!
  • Options

The pirate is doing some fine TBS too. Just landed a 4 star LB who had committed to Cal and is eligible now. Plus this class has three 4* guys which is quite a bit for WSU.

I think under the Pirate they are going to be like what Oregon State was under Reiley. Make consistent second tier bowls.

And of course the coogs will rep their team like they are in the same tier with Alabama. UW will "suck" too even though they will have a better record every year and beat the Coogs almost every year.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

This. If Sark didn't get this guy a lot would be crying over it and bashing Sark. This doesn't change my opinion of Peterman at all, but the wdwha shit is stupid. It's never okay to lose an in state lineman with those offers.

What I'm saying is let it play out.

If we end up getting a sub par OL class, then losing Throckmorton will be a bigger issue than it is right now.

Petersen's resume suggests that there's no reason to worry until there's a reason to worry.

I think we've been so conditioned with such poor in-state recruiting in the last few years to worry about every person that we lose. But let's see who Petersen's going to get before we complain about guys like Throckmorton and Lemieux.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If we end up getting a sub par OL class, then losing Throckmorton will be a bigger issue than it is right now.

Petersen's resume suggests that there's no reason to worry until there's a reason to worry.

I think we've been so conditioned with such poor in-state recruiting in the last few years to worry about every person that we lose. But let's see who Petersen's going to get before we complain about guys like Throckmorton and Lemieux.
    I'm hearing next year is a bumper crop. I'm not all that worried about Thockmorton. I barely even follow recruiting. I'm not going to act like this a good thing like you are though.

It's way too early in Peterman's time here to worry about one recruit. The reason Sark was bashed was because he lost the majority of worthy in state recruits. Losing a guy here and there is probably inevitable, but save the wdwha, it's great Oregon got him bullshit.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm hearing next year is a bumper crop. I'm not all that worried about Thockmorton. I barely even follow recruiting. I'm not going to act like this a good thing like you are though.

It's way too early in Peterman's time here to worry about one recruit. The reason Sark was bashed was because he lost the majority of worthy in state recruits. Losing a guy here and there is probably inevitable, but save the wdwha, it's great Oregon got him bullshit.

My point with Oregon is that under Chip Kelly, they were far more likely to wait until the end with recruits trying to get a ton of 4-5 star gues than to stockpile early on with 3 star guys.

I know that star ratings are worth as much as a US lead in the 95th minutes of a World Cup game, but at the same time, I get the feeling with the evidence that we're gathering that Helfrich is far from Chip Kelly ... and I mean that in a good way from a UW perspective.