Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TBS: A Very Sarkisian weekend for Peterman

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The O-Line is fine.

There's a bumper crop of linemen in the next class.

Relax everyone.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,544
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The O-Line is fine.

I believe the next step is to spitefully create an O Line message board to show that you have the brain of a 3 year old child.
    Can we talk about it 24/7 there?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Mad_Son said:

Newport? We're better off without those limp-wristed losers.

You mean limp wristed faggots. It's ok, fag police don't apply here except Cockus and nobody listens to him anyway. Say it pussy..."faaaaggggooot". It's ok, don't cry!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Mad_Son said:

You mean limp wristed faggots. It's ok, fag police don't apply here except Cockus and nobody listens to him anyway. Say it pussy..."faaaaggggooot". It's ok, don't cry!
    You're making it hard for me to look the other way.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Oh Derek there's a difference between kidding with gay men who aren't gay and being insensitive to a mans' skin color. Not to be condescending but I'd expect you to know the difference. Chive on!
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    As long as Oregon cleans house and gets the best stock out of the litter it's all cool.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don't wish to be condescending to you either, and you are certainly a valued poster here. However I have spent a lot of time and energy in conversation with More_Time telling him that I cannot allow "cripple" jokes to be made at your expense. For the most part he has refrained. But then I see you actively provoking him and it makes it hard for me to look the other way, is what I'm saying.

If he says something dumb, then sure call him a dumb fuck or whatever, and then argue your point with him. But you are trying to provoke him and there is a difference, as I'm sure you would generally agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Mad_Son said:

I think someone needs another timeout.

Oh and 225K minimum probably should include more.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Maybe this Throckmorton kid will turn into a nice OL ... but let's be honest, he's a middle of the pack OL (by rankings) that Sark would have ended up defaulting into at the end after he whiffed on all of the other top OL he made late runs at after remembering that you need to recruit the OL.

Even better IMO that Oregon is taking these kind of middle of the pack OL so early in the recruiting process ... Helfrich is no Chip Kelly.

Meh....kind of sounds like bias. Oregon, Michigan and Miami offered an in-state OL and we didn't get him. Oregon also got the other OL too who had a few good offers. I'm not worried about Oregon but I'd be worried about losing in-state lineman.
    This. If Sark didn't get this guy a lot would be crying over it and bashing Sark. This doesn't change my opinion of Peterman at all, but the wdwha shit is stupid. It's never okay to lose an in state lineman with those offers.

What I'm saying is let it play out.

If we end up getting a sub par OL class, then losing Throckmorton will be a bigger issue than it is right now.

Petersen's resume suggests that there's no reason to worry until there's a reason to worry.

I think we've been so conditioned with such poor in-state recruiting in the last few years to worry about every person that we lose. But let's see who Petersen's going to get before we complain about guys like Throckmorton and Lemieux.
    I'm hearing next year is a bumper crop. I'm not all that worried about Thockmorton. I barely even follow recruiting. I'm not going to act like this a good thing like you are though.

It's way too early in Peterman's time here to worry about one recruit. The reason Sark was bashed was because he lost the majority of worthy in state recruits. Losing a guy here and there is probably inevitable, but save the wdwha, it's great Oregon got him bullshit.

My point with Oregon is that under Chip Kelly, they were far more likely to wait until the end with recruits trying to get a ton of 4-5 star gues than to stockpile early on with 3 star guys.

I know that star ratings are worth as much as a US lead in the 95th minutes of a World Cup game, but at the same time, I get the feeling with the evidence that we're gathering that Helfrich is far from Chip Kelly ... and I mean that in a good way from a UW perspective.
    You got an awesome for the US lead at the 95th minute. That shit was gold.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Maybe this Throckmorton kid will turn into a nice OL ... but let's be honest, he's a middle of the pack OL (by rankings) that Sark would have ended up defaulting into at the end after he whiffed on all of the other top OL he made late runs at after remembering that you need to recruit the OL.

Even better IMO that Oregon is taking these kind of middle of the pack OL so early in the recruiting process ... Helfrich is no Chip Kelly.

So... what you're saying is, Peterman couldn't even close on a mid-level local kid who would have held out to the 11th hour just to play for Sark at UW?

hmmm... interesting.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    No, what I'm saying is that until this class is closed, we don't know whether or not Petersen "lost" Throckmorton or instead identified targets that he liked better.

I think we have established that Petersen isn't going to litter offers out and try to win offseason natty's with getting verbals from kids in the summer that decide to go elsewhere by Christmas.

In theory, the more that Oregon fills up on OL, the better the recruiting landscape for us with those that remain (particularly if the OL that Oregon is getting are not the OL that Petersen and his staff want).

If Throckmorton wasn't an in-state kid, nobody would even care. Since he's an in-state kid, too many are worried that Petersen isn't paying attention to the fence. Bullshit.

This is a complete let it play out situation.

As a wise sage would say, it's awfully warm for February.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Interesting strategy you have going on there... flood your posts with thousands of words containing several undeveloped and/or incomplete arguments as to avoid being pinned down.
    Tequilla said:

No, what I'm saying is that until this class is closed, we don't know whether or not Petersen "lost" Throckmorton or instead identified targets that he liked better.

I think we have established that Petersen isn't going to litter offers out and try to win offseason natty's with getting verbals from kids in the summer that decide to go elsewhere by Christmas.

In theory, the more that Oregon fills up on OL, the better the recruiting landscape for us with those that remain (particularly if the OL that Oregon is getting are not the OL that Petersen and his staff want).

If Throckmorton wasn't an in-state kid, nobody would even care. Since he's an in-state kid, too many are worried that Petersen isn't paying attention to the fence. Bullshit.

Did you ever stop to consider that perhaps, maybe, Throckmorton didn't want to play in his hometown and instead, wanted to play in a 'college town' atmosphere like he's been telling everybody who will listen when asked?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I can't figure out what the hell Puppy is writing at least half the time, but it would be a shame if he got the big timeout.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,544
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

I can't tell if this is PL_SS on or off the meds.
    I think he's freebasing them now
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They way Petersen handled the Throckmorton recruitment had similar shades of Ty to it.

Not saying he is Ty, I loved the Petersen hire.... But people should be allowed to ask questions.
  • Options

They way Petersen handled the Throckmorton recruitment had similar shades of Ty to it.

Not saying he is Ty, I loved the Petersen hire.... But people should be allowed to ask questions.

That's the #1 problem with this site... Derek allows questions.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Interesting strategy you have going on there... flood your posts with thousands of words containing several undeveloped and/or incomplete arguments as to avoid being pinned down.

Tequilla said:

Did you ever stop to consider that perhaps, maybe, Throckmorton didn't want to play in his hometown and instead, wanted to play in a 'college town' atmosphere like he's been telling everybody who will listen when asked?
    So it's my fault that your reading comprehension sucks Justin Bieber raisin balls?