Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gen Z Does Not Want To Settle Down & Have Kids, Online Dating Is Destroying Society

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,154
    MelloDawg said:

Goduckies said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

We traveled with the kids by RV. Had a fantastic time. Saw a lot of the USA. National parks lots of long weekends camping and fishing etc. with friends. Those trips are the best memories from their childhood. Also did 16 days in Europe. 4 days in Rome and a 12 day cruise. Whole family went 3 generations. Time of our lives.

That’s twice as many days as you need to visit there in your life. Tuscany is the correct answer on where you visit in Italy.
    Rome is awesome.... especially the Coliseum!
    A truly traveled man, you must be.
    @RickStevesDawg
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,154

Sledog said:

No one can fucking afford kids

I can, but Im selfish and dont want to take care of them.

Nice thing about that is I can change my mind at any time and still have a bastard or three.

Women? Not so much

Era of the robots is upon us anyways

That whole dudes can't carry babies getting in your way? thing getting in your way?
    Nah, dont want to waste time and money that could be spent on traveling and other things

People that have kids lives need to revolve around their kids

Only 25% do that
    If I didn't have kids, I'd have no one to argue and fight with, so my life would be boring AF. Travel is a pain in the ass anymore, I hate Europeans anyway, and Mexico and Canada are off limits to me for Vaccine proof (CA) and Cartels (MX).

If you're way into hobbies or yourself, DO NOT HAVE KIDS. You'll be the worst sports parent in the world as you'll live vicariously through your kids and everyone in your community will hate you.

I am really into hobbies and spend a ton of time on them

I'm early 30s though so like I said, plenty of time to whelp some pups.

If I'm going to be a parent, I want to be a GOOD parent which requires an insane amount of discipline and time.

I do think you're a little off base with Mehico though. Cartels need the place to be tourist friendly.
    The longer you wait to have kids, the harder it's going to be raising then. 60 year old dad at high school graduation is not where you want to be in life.

Also, I've been told second-hand by Americans living in places like Cabo that traveling to MX with kids is a bad idea, even just visiting the resort towns. Kidnapping has become a major problem and you now have cartels, depending on who may be a passenger on the plane with you, shooting at commercial airliners.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Nice thing about that is I can change my mind at any time and still have a bastard or three.

Women? Not so much

That whole dudes can't carry babies getting in your way? thing getting in your way?
    Nah, dont want to waste time and money that could be spent on traveling and other things

Only 25% do that
    If I didn't have kids, I'd have no one to argue and fight with, so my life would be boring AF. Travel is a pain in the ass anymore, I hate Europeans anyway, and Mexico and Canada are off limits to me for Vaccine proof (CA) and Cartels (MX).

If you're way into hobbies or yourself, DO NOT HAVE KIDS. You'll be the worst sports parent in the world as you'll live vicariously through your kids and everyone in your community will hate you.

If I'm going to be a parent, I want to be a GOOD parent which requires an insane amount of discipline and time.

I do think you're a little off base with Mehico though. Cartels need the place to be tourist friendly.
    This explains your nonsense in the Ukraine thread. You've experienced jack shit in your life and have no historical perspective like the Throbber and Uncle @RaceBannon

Another fucking millennial with all the answers to the world's problems and critical thinking skills managed by google.

Putin bad/Zelensky good. Google say so.

Fuck off.

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    No kids yet, I want them, am a little sad that the odds of beating them 1on1 in basketball diminishes every year I wait.

But also understand I'm still incredibly selfish. My Rolex collection would disappear over night. I'm a materialistic whore, it is what it is.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    edited March 2023
    We waited until we were firmly established to have kids. I wish we would have started sooner. Do it as young as you can (within reason) is my advice.

After you have one let me know if your stance on abortion changes.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Sledog said:

We waited until we were firmly established to have kids. I wish we would have started sooner. Do it as young as you can (within reason) is my advice.

After you have one let me know if your stance on abortion changes.

Met the right woman later than optimal but we both wanted children. Maybe when you’re a bit more mature you appreciate the time you’re going to have just a little more because it is shortened. I’d love to have had 10 more years under the belt at this point.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

We really don't want these morons having kids so I am taking this as a win.

End thred.
    Doogles said:

No kids yet, I want them, am a little sad that the odds of beating them 1on1 in basketball diminishes every year I wait.

But also understand I'm still incredibly selfish. My Rolex collection would disappear over night. I'm a materialistic whore, it is what it is.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. LOL...............................
    Doogles said:

Some of the best advice I got from some older friends was to not wait to start my family too late(even though I could as a man).

Having your 2nd-3rd in your 40's and having to get up several times a night hits way harder than your 30's.

Plus, being a younger fun dad vs. Older boring dad is definitely a thing once they get to the fun ages.

Just make sure you find a wife with decent family values and cover your assets before getting married so there's no monetary incentive to leave you. YMMV by state but even a pre-nup is not enough.
    MelloDawg said:

Goduckies said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

We traveled with the kids by RV. Had a fantastic time. Saw a lot of the USA. National parks lots of long weekends camping and fishing etc. with friends. Those trips are the best memories from their childhood. Also did 16 days in Europe. 4 days in Rome and a 12 day cruise. Whole family went 3 generations. Time of our lives.

That’s twice as many days as you need to visit there in your life. Tuscany is the correct answer on where you visit in Italy.
    Rome is awesome.... especially the Coliseum!
    A truly traveled man, you must be.
    You should kill yourself.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

I should qualify my anti-European sentiments to exclude Italy, with it's new, non-woke prime minister. And Rome and shit.
    MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

There's really nothing available.

I split the deference and took the halfway grown option. Never really wanted kids

Gotta say now though its nice to have a grand kid and nice to have the son nearby just in case. Mom will be taken care of

A spouse will never get you to change your ways.

But a kid will. They're deadly at it.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Women? Not so much

Only 25% do that

This explains your nonsense in the Ukraine thread. You've experienced jack shit in your life and have no historical perspective like the Throbber and Uncle @RaceBannon

Another fucking millennial with all the answers to the world's problems and critical thinking skills managed by google.

Fuck off.

You are a dumb fuck

I actually bring sources to the conversation. Like Turkish drones being built and used in Ukraine, when you said Turkey wasnt involved in the war effort and was leaving NATO.

You also cant keep the Ukraine aids in the Ukraine thread.

Hope this helps

Doogles said:

Some of the best advice I got from some older friends was to not wait to start my family too late(even though I could as a man).

Having your 2nd-3rd in your 40's and having to get up several times a night hits way harder than your 30's.

Plus, being a younger fun dad vs. Older boring dad is definitely a thing once they get to the fun ages.

Just make sure you find a wife with decent family values and cover your assets before getting married so there's no monetary incentive to leave you. YMMV by state but even a pre-nup is not enough.
    We started late and only after a lot of thought. Greatest decision we ever made. Being more mature doesn't necessarily equate to boring. You just need to remind yourself that everything you're doing with them creates their memories.

The only downfall I see to having children later is the amount of years you get with them will be shortened, if you live to your expected expiration date or don't step in front of a bus because you didn't see/hear it coming. They're headed far out of state to college in the fall. I want the time to go as slowly as possible.

Sledog said:

Women? Not so much

Only 25% do that

Fuck off.

You are a dumb fuck

I actually bring sources to the conversation. Like Turkish drones being built and used in Ukraine, when you said Turkey wasnt involved in the war effort and was leaving NATO.

Hope this helps
    No.

Drone and DEMOCRACY!!! Big googling thinker, @PostGameOrangeSlices

edited March 2023

Sledog said:

Women? Not so much

Only 25% do that

Fuck off.

You are a dumb fuck

Hope this helps
    No.

Drone and DEMOCRACY!!! Big googling thinker, @PostGameOrangeSlices

By the way, in your 50 pages of rants, go ahead and link where I said Turkey wasn't involved in the war effort. They cash the checks. Big fucking deal.

I said Erdogen was re-thinking involvement in NATO and a US humanitarian group pulled their plans to go to Turkey, dipshit.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam
    Like I said, incapable of keeping threads separate.

Sad to see. You must be pretty upset.

Like I said, incapable of keeping threads separate.

Sad to see. You must be pretty upset.

That's a you problem, not a me problem.

Sorry you don't make enough money to have kids and maintain a narcissistic lifestyle.