Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thanks Taft!

This article has been marked safe from DRFS. @Mad_Son

TYFYS
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Polk versus Bernard will be the 2023 battle I see as interesting. Johnson, Muhammad, Goforth for sure, Cuevas, Durfee strong possibility along with Bernard.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

Polk versus Bernard will be the 2023 battle I see as interesting. Johnson, Muhammad, Goforth for sure, Cuevas, Durfee strong possibility along with Bernard.

So pretty much everyone but Ngata?

That seems about right.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thaddeus Dixon...finally remembered his name...is my dark horse pick to start at CB as I've said many times.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Unless he is injured Polk is no worse than the 3rd wr.
    Agree. It's crowded. Bernard is competing with everyone below Polk to be the primary 4th receiver this season barring injury.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Thanks Nacho!

Thank you for thanking me for thanking Taft! @pawz!
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Unless he is injured Polk is no worse than the 3rd wr.
    Agree. It's crowded. Bernard is competing with everyone below Polk to be the primary 4th receiver this season barring injury.
    As opposed to the secondary 4th receiver?
    Exactly. Nobody accepts being called #5.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2023
    Bernard is going to be good enough that McMillan can move inside to the slot which he will probably like from a visibility standpoint for the one third to half of the snaps that Bernard might get.

More is more, Bernard is going to play.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 915
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Germie will play sparingly
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This has already been discussed, but Polk is probably the best #3 you'll see next year.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 915
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

This has already been discussed, but Polk is probably the best #3 you'll see next year.

And T Davis the best #4
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

And T Davis the best #4
    Taj, Bernard, and Jackson are all vying to be #4. It's a deep position
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Doogles said:

I’m just wondering how any of us can even say this to be honest. No one has seen Bernard play for Washington yet. I do remember the receivers and this offense playing like absolute shit against ASU and a few other teams without Rome on the field.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It’s because sparty sucked. Bernard barely played. I think he caught 7 balls and you’re talking about him moving past a guy that caught 41 and made some big plays in big games. Bernard didn’t do shit vs our worthless secondary either.
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s because sparty sucked. Bernard barely played. I think he caught 7 balls and you’re talking about him moving past a guy that caught 41 and made some big plays in big games. Bernard didn’t do shit vs our worthless secondary either.

Agree but MSU did have really good receivers and they don't line them up 4-5 at a time like UW. I don't think it's a slam on him that he didn't have more stats.

Polk is fucking good though. He's not getting passed but he does seem to get banged up quite a bit. The starters come off the field a lot and it doesn't mean they aren't going to pass.
    There are enough snaps and targets in the offense to feed 6-7 wrs a decent number of catches.. I don't think anyone will be too disgruntled other than maybe the true freshmen.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I’m just wondering how any of us can even say this to be honest. No one has seen Bernard play for Washington yet. I do remember the receivers and this offense playing like absolute shit against ASU and a few other teams without Rome on the field.
    Polk would be WR#1 on most D1 teams. It's an extreme luxury to have him as a 3. I think Bernard fits into this offense and could potentially be better down the road, but the numbers don't lie on Polk and his chemistry with Penix is unquestioned.

Don't fix what isn't broken.