Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Could UW Football become the Gonzaga of the new Zombie Pac-12?

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

im still clueless as to why maryland and new jersey were admitted to the union while oregon/washington had to wait.

Baltimore, D.C., New York, and New Jersey TV markets. Plus they were much closer in proximity as well.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,141
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

im still clueless as to why maryland and new jersey were admitted to the union while oregon/washington had to wait.

Baltimore, D.C., New York, and New Jersey TV markets. Plus they were much closer in proximity as well.
    To be fair there were no TV sets
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,141
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gonzaga has been doing this for longer than most realize. From the cute under dog Zags to the insufferable Zaggots.

Still no ring. That's the down side

Or see TCU this year against Georgia
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

To be fair there were no TV sets

race was there!
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This was probably my favorite episode in quite awhile. Well done, gentlemen.

While everyone made some compelling arguments for what situation would be best for Washington, I don’t think it’s going to matter much as I suspect there will be more realignment and playoff expansion in the future.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

While everyone made some compelling arguments for what situation would be best for Washington, I don’t think it’s going to matter much as I suspect there will be more realignment and playoff expansion in the future.

It's looking more and more like staying in the Pac won't be an option.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Yeah, the USS Larry Scott is sinking and everyone grabbing the best lifeboat they can find. You mentioned upthread about Utah and the “four corners” schools. I read somewhere they might want to go to the Big XII, but who the hell knows. I’m just still here with my bowl of popcorn enjoying the chaos.

If DeBoer continues to take care of business, I think UW will be fine no matter where they land, though obviously some scenarios are better than others.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gonzaga made their famous E

Why thank you my dear
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Yeah, the USS Larry Scott is sinking and everyone grabbing the best lifeboat they can find. You mentioned upthread about Utah and the “four corners” schools. I read somewhere they might want to go to the Big XII, but who the hell knows. I’m just still here with my bowl of popcorn enjoying the chaos.

If DeBoer continues to take care of business, I think UW will be fine no matter where they land, though obviously some scenarios are better than others.
    True, there's a lot of dominoes falling with realignment that are important to not get crushed by off the field, but the most important thing still right now is winning and staying committed to football. Do both and the rest will sort itself out. Also, keep in-mind, like in 2000 with the BCS, and in 84 for the natty, Washington is probably always going to get get fucked. It just is what it is. It is one thing that keeps me interested in staying in the Pac. It could be more fun to win a conference and then think about the rest later than constantly be trying to climb above the tide in another conference.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Why thank you my dear
    Damn Vanilla!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Why thank you my dear
    Damn Vanilla!
    I’m going to apologize right now to anyone past Huskie Hardcore right now re me… this is absolutely the hardest forum to navigate. I’m well known in cyberland and not that dumb as presented here…I think I have it to post and hit “send”…no, some more fuckstick.

I don’t think y’all get it and for some that do, y’all could step out and back me up, I’ve never ran up on a harder forum to post than here, even when I know I sent the right thing it winds up fkstick. The only ones that don’t Are the ones that post everyday and been here for ever.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sparky will be the first to go and Utah will go with them.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I’m actually rooting for this. Better fit for those teams.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m actually rooting for this. Better fit for those teams.
    Those program are more Big 12. Coug and Beav are more Mountain West, but they fit to fill out the conference.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023

haie said:

Yeah.

We didn't lose any of our assistants that kicked ass last year and then there was DeBoer's *faggy wink* quote where he said UW will be fine no matter what happens.

I've had my fill of this stuff though until something actually happens later this month. I can't decide who is more insufferable: fans of the 4 corners schools, fans of Big 12 schools (JFC that conference is nothing without Texas, especially fuck BYU people), or fans of the B1G schools that would be ass without membership such as Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana, Rutgers.

Minnesota doesn't want these problems.
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147

And how do you know UW will be part of that movement? Canzano claims that the Big 10 will wait until 2036, and then add a bunch of ACC schools.
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147

Washington DC is a Virginia Tech dominated market, to the extent it cares about college football. To be honest, Maryland only carries the Washington DC TV market slightly more than Penn State and West Virginia do.

And I’m not even going to get started on NYC. There are a whole host of teams that play nowhere near NYC that are more popular in NYC than Rutgers is. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Washington Huskies have more fans in NYC than Rutgers.

If the Big Ten invites Rutgers and Maryland as soon as they ask but hesitates so much on adding UW, that’s a really bad sign.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sandra6 said:

Washington DC is a Virginia Tech dominated market, to the extent it cares about college football. To be honest, Maryland only carries the Washington DC TV market slightly more than Penn State and West Virginia do.

And I’m not even going to get started on NYC. There are a whole host of teams that play nowhere near NYC that are more popular in NYC than Rutgers is. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Washington Huskies have more fans in NYC than Rutgers.

If the Big Ten invites Rutgers and Maryland as soon as they ask but hesitates so much on adding UW, that’s a really bad sign.
    I assumed Maryland and Rutgers were like Colorado and Utah for the Pac-12, which was kind of just expansion for the sake of expansion. I'm sure those markets didn't hurt on paper. The Pac-12 kind of got lucky Utah had their shit together, though they had some big years of success in football and basketball in the 90s and 2000s.