Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Russell Wilson asked Jodi Allen to fire Pete Carroll and John Schneider

2»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

RW last 5 years:
    9-7 no playoffs
    10-6 WC loss
    11-5 Divisional loss
    12-4 WC loss
    7-10 no playoffs

Plus there was that time he did this

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,268
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Still a hall of famer or no?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

no
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

No and never was.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Wilson ain't shit without the LOB. Just another stat padder QB who benefits playing in the modern era. LOB won the Super Bowl and Wilson lost the second one that he was supposed to win. Since that point he's basically been your average Dallas Cowboys QB post-Aikman years.

I don't really get this take. He's not Brady or Rogers, but he was consistently a top seven or so QB from 2015 to 2020. I do remember some clunkers, such as losing to Tampon Bay 14-7 or thereabouts once, but overall he was really solid, and he didn't have a running game some years.
    It should be clear to everyone by now that the team wins because of the coach.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
    Founders Club

Wilson ain't shit without the LOB. Just another stat padder QB who benefits playing in the modern era. LOB won the Super Bowl and Wilson lost the second one that he was supposed to win. Since that point he's basically been your average Dallas Cowboys QB post-Aikman years.

I don't really get this take. He's not Brady or Rogers, but he was consistently a top seven or so QB from 2015 to 2020. I do remember some clunkers, such as losing to Tampon Bay 14-7 or thereabouts once, but overall he was really solid, and he didn't have a running game some years.
    It should be clear to everyone by now that the team wins because of the coach.
    Bill Belichick and I just shared a hearty laugh over your post
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,861
    Standard Supporter
    I like how he words it. He never wanted them to get fired, but he wanted to win, so...

His words don't exactly translate to mean that he didn't go to the owner and ask them to be fired.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I like how he words it. He never wanted them to get fired, but he wanted to win, so...

His words don't exactly translate to mean that he didn't go to the owner and ask them to be fired.

Spoken like a future politician...TITTT
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    https://espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35755141/seahawks-consider-drafting-qb-geno-smith-talks-positive

"Schneider declined to comment on whether the Seahawks are considering using the $32.416 million franchise tag on Smith, other than to say that the tag is a "tool" teams have at their disposal. The Seahawks have used the franchise tag only twice under Carroll and Schneider -- on kicker Olindo Mare (2010) and defensive end Frank Clark (2019), who was then traded.

In that same span, they've drafted only two quarterbacks -- Wilson (2012, third round) and Alex McGough (2018, seventh round). But sources have told ESPN that the Seahawks were poised to draft Patrick Mahomes in 2017 if he fell to them, and that they called the Cleveland Browns in 2018 to gauge interest in a possible swap of Wilson for the No. 1 overall pick, which Seattle would have used on Josh Allen."