Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Options

Comments

• WestlinnDuck
    WestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,414 Standard Supporter
    Options
    pawz said:

pawz said:

I'm pro American unlike PGOS so when I engage in whataboutism it's to make a point, not condemn America

The US has a long standing no malarkey rule for the western hemisphere

Grenada, where we called in Clint Eastwood, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Peru, and Chile among others have met the CIA when the Soviets meddle

Cuba was lost and democrats started supporting the Sandinista and Venezuela commies which makes things more difficult

Note that the democrats party has not been outlawed even though they support our enemies

Nobody was easier on the Soviets than Teddy and the gang

It all matters for a long walk to get perspective

America, like every country ever, has interests. It deviates in that it's interests are guided by principles to some degree rather than binary self interest.

My argument is that it's in our interest to strategically, and marginally, support Ukraine.

You can disagree.
    This is not about merely supporting Ukraine. That takes us back to the February 2022 view. At issue is culpability due to malfeasant, maybe nefarious, geopolitical goals.

I am not convinced, nor do I expect to be convinced, this conflict benefits the common-man American in any way. People forget the ideal is of, by and for the people.

Except that it does. I've pointed out several ways.

Inattention to my arguments doesn't make them invalid but I digress, you said you wouldn't be convinced otherwise.
    I'm not convinced by the argument for mere economic benefit. I find it morally hollo.

I've still not seen any concise summary of the benefits to the common US citizen. I've gotten we are all getting rich selling weapons to the Ukraine for which we will never get paid and then it is off to some moral imperative and it will make us feel good and finally we won World War II. No discussion of Vietnam outside of they hate China, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, Syria. So, still waiting, like the Throbber waiting on the dazzler's homework project.
  • Bob_C
    Bob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,410 Founders Club
    Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

I'm pro American unlike PGOS so when I engage in whataboutism it's to make a point, not condemn America

The US has a long standing no malarkey rule for the western hemisphere

Grenada, where we called in Clint Eastwood, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Peru, and Chile among others have met the CIA when the Soviets meddle

Cuba was lost and democrats started supporting the Sandinista and Venezuela commies which makes things more difficult

Note that the democrats party has not been outlawed even though they support our enemies

Nobody was easier on the Soviets than Teddy and the gang

It all matters for a long walk to get perspective

America, like every country ever, has interests. It deviates in that it's interests are guided by principles to some degree rather than binary self interest.

My argument is that it's in our interest to strategically, and marginally, support Ukraine.

You can disagree.
    This is not about merely supporting Ukraine. That takes us back to the February 2022 view. At issue is culpability due to malfeasant, maybe nefarious, geopolitical goals.

I am not convinced, nor do I expect to be convinced, this conflict benefits the common-man American in any way. People forget the ideal is of, by and for the people.

Except that it does. I've pointed out several ways.

Inattention to my arguments doesn't make them invalid but I digress, you said you wouldn't be convinced otherwise.
    I'm not convinced by the argument for mere economic benefit. I find it morally hollo.

I've still not seen any concise summary of the benefits to the common US citizen. I've gotten we are all getting rich selling weapons to the Ukraine for which we will never get paid and then it is off to some moral imperative and it will make us feel good and finally we won World War II. No discussion of Vietnam outside of they hate China, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, Syria. So, still waiting, like the Throbber waiting on the dazzler's homework project.
    Not only is there no benefit that anyone has been able to describe effectively, we were told we needed to pay more for food and energy because of the economic sanctions that were imposed on Russia.
  • RaceBannon
    RaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,657 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    My reading is that Bot wants dead Russians stacked like cord wood

In and of itself Putin failing is a good thing

I've said my piece numerous times already
  • WestlinnDuck
    Options

If the Republican's wanted to win, then not one more dime for Ukraine until the US borders are secured.
  • PostGameOrangeSlices
    PostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,826 Founders Club
    Options

Not so much dead Russians. It's sad how many people from poorer regions of Russia are being forcefully conscripted and sent to WW1 level hell

I think Bot and I want a neutered Russia that no longer views the rest of the world as enemies, and instead as trading allies.

Russia had flip flopped on whether or not the West is friends or Nazis for hundreds of years, with some good causes for skepticism (Hitler and Napoleon)

However, there are also numerous morally bankrupt fuckups like Holodimir, Finnish Invasion, "Special Militarty Operation", false flag terrorist attacks blamed on Chechnya, etc etc.
  • WestlinnDuck
    Options

Not so much dead Russians. It's sad how many people from poorer regions of Russia are being forcefully conscripted and sent to WW1 level hell

I think Bot and I want a neutered Russia that no longer views the rest of the world as enemies, and instead as trading allies.

Russia had flip flopped on whether or not the West is friends or Nazis for hundreds of years, with some good causes for skepticism (Hitler and Napoleon)

However, there are also numerous morally bankrupt fuckups like Holodimir, Finnish Invasion, "Special Militarty Operation", false flag terrorist attacks blamed on Chechnya, etc etc.
    Russia is now neutered except for nukes. Turns out it was neutered before the Ukraine invasion.
  • PurpleThrobber
    PurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,436
    Options

Russia is now neutered except for nukes. Turns out it was neutered before the Ukraine invasion.
    Those pesky nukes.

Mostly peaceful nukes, I'm quite certain.
  • WestlinnDuck
    Options

Those pesky nukes.

Jews can't wait until the Iranian mullahs get nukes. Smart move is to just close your eyes, relax and enjoy it.
  • UW_Doog_Bot
    UW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,642 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options

I'm in favor of Mexico as the 51st state

Have long said take the US to them and save them the trip here

Ironically during the Mexican American War that was literally the debate. Just annex all of Mexico.

Then they realized that meant all those swarthy brown catholics like @creepycoug would get to vote in future elections though.

The only reason Baja isn't another state or two is because that was one of the only victories the Mexican army had and it was determined that re-invading it wasn't worth it since that would create a long hard to defend coastline anyways.

I should probably read a history book though.
  • PurpleThrobber
    Options

Those pesky nukes.

Jews can't wait until the Iranian mullahs get nukes. Smart move is to just close your eyes, relax and enjoy it.
    Bobby Knight POTD

#conniechung
  • UW_Doog_Bot
    edited March 2023
    Options

Since Quooks can't read good and other stuff too, for review:

Benefits of arming Ukraine
    • End of the Russian Military threat for at least a generation
    • Destruction of the "multipolar" NWO
    • Revitalization and modernization of NATO at a massive discount
    • Clearing out cold war era stock from NATO at a discount instead of paying for disposal
    • No longer needing cold war era stock for the Russian threat, this is now a one threat environment(ChYnA) i.e. The US can focus on ChYnA and the Pacific and let NATO actually pull some weight
    • The USA getting to be the one to sell all those arms to NATO
    • Sales of which literally pulled the US out of a recession currently(REcession bad mmkay)
    • All the implied economic benefits of those sales for literally the next 30-40 years as countries are integrated into the US defense industy umbrella
    • The elimination of Russian competition for essentially ALL defense spending exports the world over
    • Geo-strategic destruction of the economy of a major rivals primary trading partner (Russia Russia Russia and ChYnA)
    • The end of Russian meddling in basically anywhere that isn't a post soviet country (Like the Middle East or funding far left groups in the USA)
    • The likely addition of Sweden and Finland to NATO which has all kinds of positive geo-strategic implications and little downside.
    • It also means we get to sell them things and benefit from that synergy(They both have really good R&D and design environments for one).
    • The showcasing of US military capability and re-elevation after the Afghanistan debacle to "big swinging dick". Insurgencies are hard but we can still fuck any standing army on the planet.
    • Sales of arms to Taiwan and the Pacific region as a deterrent to ChYnA
    • Smaller countries re-evaluating who their bedfellows are in a world where big countries have the right to invade them under the premise of "national security" Hi @pawz !
    • Essentially returning the American led group back to "has no near-peer" status so fuck off.
    • Putin getting his nuts kicked in is as @RaceBannon said, "In and of itself a good thing"
    All this without spilling a drop of American blood.

TBC, no US/NATO troops, no advanced tech(ex. F-15), and the GOP not named Cheney/Romney should be examining every ounce of spending, pork, and corruption they can find and making hay.

The ONE reason for the Federal government to legitimately exist is for defense. There's about 20 reasons this serves US defense interests. "BUT RUSSIA DOESN'T THREATEN THE US" the quooks cry! Except that it does, all the time, and that we are currently in a 5th generation war with them and the CCP. They literally write about it in their think tanks and publish publicly available white papers on how to end the US led world order. Welcome to the party.

Sorry not sorry, REALPolitik is fucking ugly and brutal but trying to avoid it just means you'll be a victim of it. See ChYnA vs. the US for the past 20-30 years.

• Sledog
    Sledog Member Posts: 31,721
    Options
    Russia not part of NWO. Ukraine is. Money laundering, pedo, sex trafficking mecca of NWO. Don't forget the 42 biolabs. What's the chances there would be 42 foreign biolabs anywhere else?
  • PurpleThrobber
    edited March 2023
    Options
  • UW_Doog_Bot
    Options
    Sledog said:

Russia not part of NWO. Ukraine is. Money laundering, pedo, sex trafficking mecca of NWO. Don't forget the 42 biolabs. What's the chances there would be 42 foreign biolabs anywhere else?

Oh sweetheart, ChYnA and Russia are definitely trying to establish their own NWO or whatever you'd like to call it.

Or do you think all those Chinese Billions paid to our politicians are just for funzees?
  • UW_Doog_Bot
    Options

@GrundleStiltzkin black dot gif insert here.
  • RaceBannon
    RaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,657 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options

Sledog said:

Oh sweetheart, ChYnA and Russia are definitely trying to establish their own NWO or whatever you'd like to call it.

Or do you think all those Chinese Billions paid to our politicians are just for funzees?
    Everybody wants to rule the world

I may write a song about it

Biden or his handlers are cashing in on China and Ukraine
  • GrundleStiltzkin
    GrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482 Standard Supporter
    Options

It's hard
  • PurpleThrobber
    Options

Still makes more sense than anything Checkers has brought forth.
  • PurpleThrobber
    Options

Sledog said:

Everybody wants to rule the world

I may write a song about it

Biden or his handlers are cashing in on China and Ukraine
    Democracy! is the big winner.

Stick to the script.

• WestlinnDuck
    Options

Sledog said:

Oh sweetheart, ChYnA and Russia are is definitely trying to establish their own NWO or whatever you'd like to call it.

Russia is at this point irrelevant. It's all about the chicoms.