Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

No wonder they are running out of ammo (notice what is missing from the video).

I had technically smarter engagements on the back 40 with BB guns as a yute.

Also did he say "Let's Roll" in English? Twice.
    It takes 500k rounds of ammo to kill one enemy, Rambo

Jesus
    Did not know that the Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä, with 505 confirmed dead Russians, fired 252,500,000 rounds. Good to know.
    Do you know what an "average" is?

The best sniper of all time isnt average
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

If Putin is the biggest threat since Hitler and wants to go to the English Channel if not stopped in Ukraine why would world War 3 be ridiculous?

Have you seen what Germany looked like when Hitler lost? If he had nukes he would have used them

PGOS is willing to fuck around and find out because of his boyfriend Zelensky

He's not but that doesn't mean Russia isn't the enemy.

When you're Alabama playing Mississippi State you don't quit when you're up 34-17.

Or in this case, when you're playing for the North championship you root for Wazzu to knock Oregon off by even a field goal.

I agree that the admin is lying about the "why". I just overall see it as a net gain to neuter Russia and send a signal to Chy-na about Taiwan(to actually prevent ww3).
    Quite honestly I don't disagree with a lot of this

My opposition has always been about the bad actors in America and the globalist cabal being behind this

And Zelensky is a piece of shit

The bullshit about this whole thing is well, bullshit

Let them kill each other.
    Agree with most of this.

What's happening in Ukraine IS horrible but so long as the Ukrainians are willing to be the ones to fight and die for their country then that's their choice.

I, and I suspect many here who aren't pinkos, would do the same for our own country(not government).

I'll be rooting for Wazzu this week. Things may change next week. Ups and downs of realpolitik.
    It there is a problem, it's a European problem. They don't act like it's a problem, so why are we carrying most of the freight?
    What would you consider "acting like it's a problem" that is beyond the current response while also not dangerously escalating things towards WW3 as you so claim to be concerned about? Should France send Nukes? What exactly is the critique of the European response beyond "not enough" which you also seem to be against "dangerous escalation"? Which is it?

Please draw the middle road you are advocating for and do so in detail with specifics by country since Europe is hardly monolithic in its response.

As per raw numbers the US is the leader but as a percentage of gdp or military spending we aren't close to many other countries. I doubt you expect Luxembourg to out donate even say, Canada, despite the relative interests in security concerns.
    The middle road I'm advocating is that we don't have a national interest in being the world's policeman and rescuing a corrupt Ukraine. Let the Euros figure it out. I don't see the UK, Germany or France on the top list below for some reason. Luxembourg clearly is pulling it's weight though.

==========
    As a share of its GDP, Poland is the biggest defense spender in NATO, budgeting 3.9 percent in 2023. The U.S. is second, spending 3.49 percent, followed by Greece at 3.01 percent, Estonia at 2.73 percent, and Lithuania at 2.54 percent. Luxembourg, at 0.72 percent, is the smallest spender, followed by Belgium at 1.13 percent, Spain at 1.26 percent, Turkey at 1.31 percent, and Slovenia at 1.35 percent.
    Now do percentage of that spending/gdp donated. Belgium/Netherlands basically both donated their entire air forces.

And then bought new stuff from the US.

Similar situations with the Baltic states.

You can argue that the US should be more isolationist, and I have sympathy for that position as @RaceBannon could probably attest to but, ultimately it's hard to maintain unless you want a multipolar world with Russia and the CCP getting to call the shots.

I think you have to be the big dick and throw the big dick energy around. Teddy and Trump style. Smartly, but none the less. #rocketman #solemanishredded

Ad in a long talk about prevention ism and US foreign policy in general.
    Russia has nukes and oil. That's it. NATO without the US can handle Russian conventional forces. Russia couldn't take Poland today. The problem is China and that's where our focus should be. The dems dirty expensive non-reliable US energy policy is a boon for both Russia and China as our energy costs have soared and we are hooked on China's metals and solar panels and wind turbines. So, we have no articulable direct interest in the Ukraine being run by corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs rather than corrupt Russian oligarchs. We do have articulable interests in a secure US border and disengaging from China. The Euros still aren't spending what we do on the military on a GDP percentage.

Your first point is correct. Poland would win a war against Russia, by itself. We know that now, we didn't in early 2022.

The statement was...

NATO without the US can handle Russian conventional forces. Russia couldn't take Poland today.

Extrapolating "NATO without the US could handle Russian conventional forces"
    into
    "Poland would win a war against Russia by itself" is hilarious!

If you mean Poland without NATO, you are playing with about a dozen cards short of a full deck.
    Now do Russia vs Ukraine from 2022 ;)

2023 Russia could not take over 2023 Poland. Case closed
    False

If Poland is such a bad ass wtf does Ukraine need 100 billion from us for.

Send in the Pols

Notice no NATO troops are fighting, dipshit
    Oh nice, start with the name calling when you cant answer the question

Why dont they send in the Pols to take care of old Puty Poot?
    Clearly they would mop the the floor with Putin's conventional forces.
    Dont even need NATO ..right?

Why doesn't Russia send in the troops that can beat Ukraine?

Why doesn't Poland send in troops in a war they aren't part of?

See how dumb this is?
    You haven't been listening for 183 pages that's how dumb this is.

YOU made the ridiculous claim Poland can take Russia all by it's lonesome.
    I call BULLSHIT.
    That was the point and now you're waffling around and moving goal poasts and deflecting as you always do.
    By the stats and numbers and assets you are wrong unless Poland has NATO backing. Case closed.

Russia would not be able to invade Poland.
    Again, you started this thread because you were worried if Russia wasn't stopped immediately they would continue to invade other counties. Now your opinion is they are so weak they couldn't put a dent in Poland. Why the change in opinion?
    I thought Russia had a second wind in them.

Turns out they dont
    So are we calling the August Spring offensive a success? Or still in LIP territory?
    LIPO territory
    We shouldn't be here. Peace should have been negotiated but all the political powers you claim to not support wanted nothing to do with peace because they couldnt continue to profit from the corruption.
    Fuck off

Ukraine can defend themselves from Russia. Deal with it.
    Um, no they demonstrably cannot "defend themselves" without billions from NATO, NATO training, NATO weapons, etc.

Might want to look "themselves" up in the dictionary, you propagandizing twit.
    They are the ones doing the dying

I am ok with 50 cents worth of my taxes going to help ukraine defend themselves

That might bust your budget
    It is not the dollar amount individually. It is about what it can do collectively. And what it can do for our own people. Hey every household in Laihana gets $750.......Did they just not lose fkn everything? Not even to mention the transfer of wealth to future descendants. The very thing that libs rail against for minorities today. So much hypocrisy and stupidity. Back to my original point. Why send billions upon billions to any foreign country? We wouldn't do it for Japan. You know why? Japan doesn't launder the money of our politicians both dem and rep. I realize I got off track here. My apologies but what you are seeing from msm isn't the truth. A cross dressing comedian doesn't suddenly become president unless there are outside influences with the power to make it happen for their own benefit.

I am starting to believe that we are the aggressors. Putting biolabs all around Russias borders. All with the ability to target ethically undiverse militaries and populations with bioweapons. The US military being quite diverse is not nearly as susceptible touch an attack. You think Russia shouldn't take measures to safeguard themselves? Just another example of the US over reaching and trying to act like we are clean. Hate to tell ya but we are the world bullies butting in where we shouldn't.
    Christ.

This biolabs stuff is so whack

Russia is the aggressor. No one wanted to do any harm to Russia.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,371
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Bob_C said:

No wonder they are running out of ammo (notice what is missing from the video).

I had technically smarter engagements on the back 40 with BB guns as a yute.

Also did he say "Let's Roll" in English? Twice.
    It takes 500k rounds of ammo to kill one enemy, Rambo

Jesus
    Did not know that the Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä, with 505 confirmed dead Russians, fired 252,500,000 rounds. Good to know.
    Do you know what an "average" is?

The best sniper of all time isnt average
    He didn't even use a scope.

He also hunted Russian patrols alone and killed them with his submachine gun.

Ukraine soldiers use ammunition for gardening. Those bushes did seem a bit overgrown.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

If Putin is the biggest threat since Hitler and wants to go to the English Channel if not stopped in Ukraine why would world War 3 be ridiculous?

Have you seen what Germany looked like when Hitler lost? If he had nukes he would have used them

When you're Alabama playing Mississippi State you don't quit when you're up 34-17.

Or in this case, when you're playing for the North championship you root for Wazzu to knock Oregon off by even a field goal.

I agree that the admin is lying about the "why". I just overall see it as a net gain to neuter Russia and send a signal to Chy-na about Taiwan(to actually prevent ww3).

My opposition has always been about the bad actors in America and the globalist cabal being behind this

Agree with most of this.

What's happening in Ukraine IS horrible but so long as the Ukrainians are willing to be the ones to fight and die for their country then that's their choice.

I, and I suspect many here who aren't pinkos, would do the same for our own country(not government).

I'll be rooting for Wazzu this week. Things may change next week. Ups and downs of realpolitik.
    It there is a problem, it's a European problem. They don't act like it's a problem, so why are we carrying most of the freight?
    What would you consider "acting like it's a problem" that is beyond the current response while also not dangerously escalating things towards WW3 as you so claim to be concerned about? Should France send Nukes? What exactly is the critique of the European response beyond "not enough" which you also seem to be against "dangerous escalation"? Which is it?

Please draw the middle road you are advocating for and do so in detail with specifics by country since Europe is hardly monolithic in its response.

As per raw numbers the US is the leader but as a percentage of gdp or military spending we aren't close to many other countries. I doubt you expect Luxembourg to out donate even say, Canada, despite the relative interests in security concerns.
    The middle road I'm advocating is that we don't have a national interest in being the world's policeman and rescuing a corrupt Ukraine. Let the Euros figure it out. I don't see the UK, Germany or France on the top list below for some reason. Luxembourg clearly is pulling it's weight though.

==========
    As a share of its GDP, Poland is the biggest defense spender in NATO, budgeting 3.9 percent in 2023. The U.S. is second, spending 3.49 percent, followed by Greece at 3.01 percent, Estonia at 2.73 percent, and Lithuania at 2.54 percent. Luxembourg, at 0.72 percent, is the smallest spender, followed by Belgium at 1.13 percent, Spain at 1.26 percent, Turkey at 1.31 percent, and Slovenia at 1.35 percent.
    Now do percentage of that spending/gdp donated. Belgium/Netherlands basically both donated their entire air forces.

You can argue that the US should be more isolationist, and I have sympathy for that position as @RaceBannon could probably attest to but, ultimately it's hard to maintain unless you want a multipolar world with Russia and the CCP getting to call the shots.

I think you have to be the big dick and throw the big dick energy around. Teddy and Trump style. Smartly, but none the less. #rocketman #solemanishredded

Russia has nukes and oil. That's it. NATO without the US can handle Russian conventional forces. Russia couldn't take Poland today. The problem is China and that's where our focus should be. The dems dirty expensive non-reliable US energy policy is a boon for both Russia and China as our energy costs have soared and we are hooked on China's metals and solar panels and wind turbines. So, we have no articulable direct interest in the Ukraine being run by corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs rather than corrupt Russian oligarchs. We do have articulable interests in a secure US border and disengaging from China. The Euros still aren't spending what we do on the military on a GDP percentage.

Your first point is correct. Poland would win a war against Russia, by itself. We know that now, we didn't in early 2022.

The statement was...

NATO without the US can handle Russian conventional forces. Russia couldn't take Poland today.

into

If you mean Poland without NATO, you are playing with about a dozen cards short of a full deck.

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.
    That was the point and now you're waffling around and moving goal poasts and deflecting as you always do.
    By the stats and numbers and assets you are wrong unless Poland has NATO backing. Case closed.

Again, you started this thread because you were worried if Russia wasn't stopped immediately they would continue to invade other counties. Now your opinion is they are so weak they couldn't put a dent in Poland. Why the change in opinion?

Turns out they dont
    So are we calling the August Spring offensive a success? Or still in LIP territory?
    LIPO territory
    We shouldn't be here. Peace should have been negotiated but all the political powers you claim to not support wanted nothing to do with peace because they couldnt continue to profit from the corruption.
    Fuck off

Um, no they demonstrably cannot "defend themselves" without billions from NATO, NATO training, NATO weapons, etc.

It is not the dollar amount individually. It is about what it can do collectively. And what it can do for our own people. Hey every household in Laihana gets $750.......Did they just not lose fkn everything? Not even to mention the transfer of wealth to future descendants. The very thing that libs rail against for minorities today. So much hypocrisy and stupidity. Back to my original point. Why send billions upon billions to any foreign country? We wouldn't do it for Japan. You know why? Japan doesn't launder the money of our politicians both dem and rep. I realize I got off track here. My apologies but what you are seeing from msm isn't the truth. A cross dressing comedian doesn't suddenly become president unless there are outside influences with the power to make it happen for their own benefit.

I am starting to believe that we are the aggressors. Putting biolabs all around Russias borders. All with the ability to target ethically undiverse militaries and populations with bioweapons. The US military being quite diverse is not nearly as susceptible touch an attack. You think Russia shouldn't take measures to safeguard themselves? Just another example of the US over reaching and trying to act like we are clean. Hate to tell ya but we are the world bullies butting in where we shouldn't.
    Christ.

Why are biolabs so unbelievable to you?

• Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Christ.

I just havent seen any proof of biolabs that would be a bioweapons threat to Russia.

A lot of info online about Russia using them to justify an attack
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,948
    Founders Club

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Christ.

I just havent seen any proof of biolabs that would be a bioweapons threat to Russia.

If the US owners of said biolabs were operating above board, why wouldn’t they just operate in the US?

Do Ukrainians have a reputation for being exceptional biologists/scientists? I don’t know.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,201
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Christ.

I don't recall any official US government statement about US funded Ukraine biolabs. Just like St. Fow Chee saying the US doesn't do gain of function research and didn't fund any in Wuhan. Then toss in the US MSM complete embargoing of any follow up questioning. I'm curious about what's going on. For some reason, you seem incurious.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,371
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2023
    Why did the bidens have an interest in three of them? Biggest being MetaBiota. They were doing work not allowed here. Simple. Those were a main target of the Russians. They hit them all and have the paperwork. look that up you'll find their press releases. Kennedy Jr. has spoken of them as well.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Why did the bidens have an interest in three of them? Biggest being MetaBiota. They were doing work not allowed here. Simple. Those were a main target of the Russians. They hit them all and have the paperwork. look that up you'll find their press releases. Kennedy Jr. has spoken of them as well.

Let's go ahead and just assume there are biolabs etc.

Russia still isn't doing any of this as "the good guys" or to "de-nazify" Ukraine. Plenty of neo nazis in Russia proper.

These are convenient additional motives at best.

Kinda like "wmd's" in Iraq.

It's weird to me that we've jumped the shark to the point of "don't trust the US government but go ahead and trust the authoritarians in Russia."

Do you guysm read the CCP's stuff as well?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,221
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The USSR and China accused the USA of Civil rights violations in the 60s.

Just because they were commie hypocrites didn't make it untrue

Hoover used that to wire tap King and claim that civil rights were a commie plot

The US government has been retarded for a long time but they are our retards
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,346
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

Russia still isn't doing any of this as "the good guys" or to "de-nazify" Ukraine. Plenty of neo nazis in Russia proper.

It's weird to me that we've jumped the shark to the point of "don't trust the US government but go ahead and trust the authoritarians in Russia."

It's a fair criticism. However, I don't believe any anti-Ukraine sentiment here is a result of support for Russia.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

No one said that Russia was the good guy. But the US was funding biolab research on the Russian border. We were pushing for adding the Ukraine to NATO. The US rejected any attempt to negotiate a settlement prior to hostilities. Now pretend that the chicoms were conducting bioweapon research in Mexico. And the chicoms were pushing to add Mexico into a military alliance and provide them with advance weaponry and military bases. That would capture some attention from a serious US administration. (The dementia patient would probably welcome this. He has no problem with the current chicom/Mexican fentanyl alliance.)

I don't trust the Russians. I don't trust the Ukrainians. I don't trust the US government. That's not jumping the shark, they are all untrustworthy.
    The US has money involved in biolabs all over the world

Hell, the US had money involved in the fucking Covid Wuhan lab.

Why didn't Russia invade China to stop their bio labs?

The bio lab narrative is a false one and there is 0 legitimate information to substantiate it.

Like @UW_Doog_Bot said, it's 100% Russia's version of "WMDs in Iraq"

Russia has also said that the US has been training birds to fly from Ukraine to spread disease, and that they are fighting homosexual supersoldiers that NATO has experimented on.

It's like CNN on meth and vodka and their people watch it because they have no fucking choice and no opposition. There isn't even a Fox news equivalent to balance the propaganda out between different spheres of influence.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

No one said that Russia was the good guy. But the US was funding biolab research on the Russian border. We were pushing for adding the Ukraine to NATO. The US rejected any attempt to negotiate a settlement prior to hostilities. Now pretend that the chicoms were conducting bioweapon research in Mexico. And the chicoms were pushing to add Mexico into a military alliance and provide them with advance weaponry and military bases. That would capture some attention from a serious US administration. (The dementia patient would probably welcome this. He has no problem with the current chicom/Mexican fentanyl alliance.)

I don't trust the Russians. I don't trust the Ukrainians. I don't trust the US government. That's not jumping the shark, they are all untrustworthy.
    The chicoms have biolabs in California and are installing military bases in Cuba.

They also cut deals with the cartels over human trafficking.

When do we invade?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,266
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

The bio lab narrative is a false one and there is 0 legitimate information to substantiate it.

Russia has also said that the US has been training birds to fly from Ukraine to spread disease, and that they are fighting homosexual supersoldiers that NATO has experimented on.

It's like CNN on meth and vodka and their people watch it because they have no fucking choice and no opposition. There isn't even a Fox news equivalent to balance the propaganda out between different spheres of influence.
    I'm with you war hawks on this one. The biolabs are bullshit until proven otherwise. But also democracy is a fucking stupid reason to supply Ukraine with weapons.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

I'm with you war hawks on this one. The biolabs are bullshit until proven otherwise. But also democracy is a fucking stupid reason to supply Ukraine with weapons.
    I'm with you until you call me a war hawk

A war hawk is someone who is justifying Russia bringing back WW1 level bullshit to the world

I believe Ukraine wants to defend themselves. They are being raped and pillaged, I have no issue funding them a sword and a shield. If they want to fight and die for their national identity then let them do it.

None of this appease and justify the rapist bullshit
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

A war hawk is someone who is justifying Russia bringing back WW1 level bullshit to the world

I believe Ukraine wants to defend themselves. They are being raped and pillaged, I have no issue funding them a sword and a shield. If they want to fight and die for their national identity then let them do it.

A bit of a pet name, but you guys have basically admitted that the whole point here is to dry and bleed Russia out because that is to our benefit.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited September 2023
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

A bit of a pet name, but you guys have basically admitted that the whole point here is to dry and bleed Russia out because that is to our benefit.
    That is a US geopolitic net positive that has happened to stem from arming a country that wants to defend itself from a land grab
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

That is a US geopolitic net positive that has happened to stem from arming a country that wants to defend itself from a land grab
    What form is the net positive coming in? Cash? Influence? Prestige? Ascension to heaven?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited September 2023
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

What form is the net positive coming in? Cash? Influence? Prestige? Ascension to heaven?
    This isn't that hard. A traditional major enemy and rival is mired down in a conflict taking tremendous attrition. The US gets to watch and see how 80s technology does against modern day Russia (the country the gear was designed to fight) all without losing a single soldier.

The US also gets to see how drones are going to change the future of warfare in a war between peers.

The US gets to help supply a country being unjustly invaded while munching on popcorn.