Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Easy coast bias is a bitch!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even the Big underestimated the Pacs ability to self-immolate
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

How did Rutgers and Maryland get into the B1G and UW didn't?

It wasn't that long ago that the B1G was digging its own grave. tOSU saved that conference
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,470
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Because College Football is fucking stupid and I don't know why we follow it.
    Apart from the fact that advertising and media deals really is the governing body, not the NCAA,.... It has to move faster during the game for one thing... to many time outs and clock stoppages. Pro football is timed faster, and D2 is much easier to watch but people dont like me going there
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    I remember Nebraska talking about rejoining the Big 12 if the Big 10 didn’t play in 2020. (And IIRC they were talking about permanently rejoining the Big 12 rather than just for 2020.) I didn’t realize Ohio State was also talking about playing in another conference.

It’s a shame the Big 10 didn’t cancel the 2020 season. If Nebraska had rejoined the Big 12, then maybe Texas and Oklahoma wouldn’t have left for the SEC since the Big 12 would have re-gained the biggest brand that they had previously lost, allowing the Big 12 to make more money. And if Texas and Oklahoma hadn’t joined the SEC, then it’s almost certain that USC and UCLA wouldn’t have joined the Big 10.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can’t help ya there pal B)B)B)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can we get a few more paragraphs on this? Start another thread if necessary.
    I kind of liked the brevity of it. Succinct and to the point. Reminds me of Pup and the Hemingway approach.

Authors note: pup isn't being racist as he owns property on nez perce land for his Hemingway lifestyle. White tail, elk, Muley, pheasant, grouse, chucker, quail, steelhead and Chinook are all on Pup's menu for supper on any given night....all within earshot of my acerage in the beautiful Clearwater region of Idaho.
    He likes to call dinner “supper.” Dead giveaway of a midwest flyover country pussy.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump wanting to win Ohio saved the Big10 and killed the Pac.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Trump wanting to win Ohio saved the Big10 and killed the Pac.

TITTT
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I kind of liked the brevity of it. Succinct and to the point. Reminds me of Pup and the Hemingway approach.

Authors note: pup isn't being racist as he owns property on nez perce land for his Hemingway lifestyle. White tail, elk, Muley, pheasant, grouse, chucker, quail, steelhead and Chinook are all on Pup's menu for supper on any given night....all within earshot of my acerage in the beautiful Clearwater region of Idaho.
    He likes to call dinner “supper.” Dead giveaway of a midwest flyover country pussy.
    We'll never know how much of Pup's legend was shtick vs being fun and kewl IRL.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have it on good authority that pup’s a faggot hollow man.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have it on good authority that pup’s a faggot hollow man.
    Probably why I ran him so easily.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I remember Nebraska talking about rejoining the Big 12 if the Big 10 didn’t play in 2020. (And IIRC they were talking about permanently rejoining the Big 12 rather than just for 2020.) I didn’t realize Ohio State was also talking about playing in another conference.

It’s a shame the Big 10 didn’t cancel the 2020 season. If Nebraska had rejoined the Big 12, then maybe Texas and Oklahoma wouldn’t have left for the SEC since the Big 12 would have re-gained the biggest brand that they had previously lost, allowing the Big 12 to make more money. And if Texas and Oklahoma hadn’t joined the SEC, then it’s almost certain that USC and UCLA wouldn’t have joined the Big 10.

Wow all the sod busters in one conference. What a novel fucking concept.

This sport has jumped the fucking shark with its "improvements".

• Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,004
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The B1G wasn't as hard to join back then.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I have some very strong opinions on what you said here … some of it I’m not 100% sure I want to completely elaborate on I need to think about if I want to publicly put out some of the info I’ve heard the last few days and connecting the dots on what I think happened.

Crisped