Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Sports back to KOMO!!111!1

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,534 Swaye's Wigwam
    sdawg14 said:

Today's news is karma coming back to get KJR for aligning themselves with Dawgman. It's also karma for stunts like that bush league Stanford pregame show that Furness and Puckett did before the 2012 Thursday night game at Century Link Field. This is simply IMG and the Athletics department acting like grown ups by going to a station like KOMO while KJR is the Steve Sarkisian of sports talk radio a lot of talk, not enough results. They also did not have enough of a total commitment to covering Washington Football as they obsess like a bunch of neurotic women over everything Seahawks

Welcome aboard.

What is this pregame Stanford debacle you speak of?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,534 Swaye's Wigwam

Since that Stanford game was a Thursday night one, Furness and Puckett thought it would be funny to make their entire show leading into the pregame show a "Stanford Pre-Game Show". It was utterly pathetic, and I know for a fact it pissed off important people in the Athletic Department. Puckett and Ian will say no one ever cared about it, but that is not true at all.

sdawg14 said:

Today's news is karma coming back to get KJR for aligning themselves with Dawgman. It's also karma for stunts like that bush league Stanford pregame show that Furness and Puckett did before the 2012 Thursday night game at Century Link Field. This is simply IMG and the Athletics department acting like grown ups by going to a station like KOMO while KJR is the Steve Sarkisian of sports talk radio a lot of talk, not enough results. They also did not have enough of a total commitment to covering Washington Football as they obsess like a bunch of neurotic women over everything Seahawks

Welcome aboard.

What is this pregame Stanford debacle you speak of?
    W, JW.

Coogs gotta coog. They deserve to lose every revenue stream they have.

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Yep, Tequilla.

I am not saying that stunt is the reason UW went to KOMO. But it is so fucking stupid to let that shit happen if you are the station manager. If KOMO and KJR offered roughly the same for the rights that stunt could have played into the decision making easily. But whatever, I am glad KJR no longer has the rights to the broadcast, everything is good!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Yep, Tequilla.

I am not saying that stunt is the reason UW went to KOMO. But it is so fucking stupid to let that shit happen if you are the station manager. If KOMO and KJR offered roughly the same for the rights that stunt could have played into the decision making easily. But whatever, I am glad KJR no longer has the rights to the broadcast, everything is good!

Stunts like that ABSOLUTELY have everything to do with the decision because you know the money is roughly comparable.

The UW AD will spin it as a great deal for them financially and cite the improved coverage that they will get with KOMO through both their AM/FM stations (big problem for KJR) while thanking KJR for their years of partnership.

Behind closed doors, executives are often the pettiest of the petty. Small slights end up festering them for a while.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Swaye said:

Kim better warm up those real estate credentials. I hear he has good reviews:

http://www.movoto.com/agents/kim-grinolds/

Which one of you fucks gave the Kent Griswold 5 reasons?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Huskies at that time were your flagship station and that was a bush league move by two Coogs. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Heads should have fucking rolled after that.

The station manager should have warned those two dipshits don't do anything stupid. After the first break he should have said that's enough and if this continues you won't be working here tomorrow.

You are the Husky flagship station and you are basically playing both sides. Be like if 710 had two 49ers fans as hosts and do a pregame show for the Saints leading up to that Monday Night game. You think that would fly? You think that would ever happen? Fuck no!

Read the responses so much Dooging it up.

Eric ‏@PitchingExpert 5h
    @Softykjr @UW_Football Loved the pre and post games show passion, even though always made the trip there and back enjoyable

Sean Kramer ‏@SKramerWrites 5h
    @Softykjr You were right there with all of us Dawg fans when we were at the bottom, through all the dark times. Thanks goes to you, Softy.

Brian Moring ‏@UWMoring 5h
    @Softykjr @UW_Football I will miss listening to the honks on game days. Made the victories sweeter and defeats easier. #GoDawgs

Brian Moring ‏@UWMoring 5h
    @Softykjr @UW_Football I will miss listening to the honks on game days. Made the victories sweeter and defeats easier. #GoDawgs

Melissa ‏@Peytonciana 5h
    @Softykjr @UW_Football no one will be as passionate as you are for Husky Football!

Paul von Matt ‏@Finsup22 5h
    @Softykjr @UW_Football crappy news today. Hope you are doing ok. Sometimes the bad guys win I guess. Can't take your press pass from you!

Ian @ianistweeting · 10h
    The loss of @Softykjr and the Honks is a bigger loss for @UW_Football than losing UW sports is for @SportsRadioKJR. Hope the Honks remain...

Ian ‏@ianistweeting 9h
    @Softykjr Shame. Husky talk had dwindled to a small percentage of air-time...this won't help.
    edited June 2014
    Tequilla said:

Lots of GEDs in those tweets

#MBASuperiorityGuy

CFA > MBA

#CFA superiority guy

(still want to get an MBA though)
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    sdawg14 said:

LEAVE!!!!

Also, solid first poast.
    @HeretoBeatmyChest‌ I truly believe you played a part in that. I think your questions which ultimately let to Baird acting like an unprofessional jackass after that ASU game then was pouting.

I'm sure our athletic department was embarrassed to be associated with that. I think some of Kim's latest comments has drawn their attention and probably want to distanced themselves from him.

I also think with Petersen has head coach I think the athletic department is making a serious effort at being more "adult". The Stanford pregame, Baird attacking a caller, Kim's constant weird shit and it's pretty obvious they need to go.

Also with Petersen unlike our last three shitty coaches you don't need media to protect him like you did them. So I think this move is just one of many to become more "professional" while the last 10 years they weren't.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't think Softy was cool with Baird pulling that shot either. He sucks, but he also has some understanding that you can't treat listeners like shit. That Baird rant was great. A true standout moment for this board, particularly Chest Beater.

I don't think Softy was cool with Baird pulling that shot either. He sucks, but he also has some understanding that you can't treat listeners like shit. That Baird rant was great. A true standout moment for this board, particularly Chest Beater.

Softy if you remember right tried to do damage control. He was also quick to remind Baird when he was pouting again after UCLA that you have to accept that.

In our long twitter conversation that one night he said that Baird let Peter get the best of him and was wrong.

I think Softy knew that was a fuck up by Baird. You can't berate a caller when the caller wasn't even being rude. Chest wasn't attacking their character or even Sark's for that matter. Just questioning him as the guy which it was pretty fucking clear as night that he wasn't.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Lots of GEDs in those tweets

#MBASuperiorityGuy

CFA > MBA

#CFA superiority guy

(still want to get an MBA though)
    Lots of popping off when you don't know the facts ...

There are 3 letters I don't use to pop off for ethical related reasons ... I'll let you guess which 3 letters those are ...

#MicDrop