Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Sports back to KOMO!!111!1

Comments

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Lots of GEDs in those tweets

#MBASuperiorityGuy

CFA > MBA

#CFA superiority guy

(still want to get an MBA though)
    Lots of popping off when you don't know the facts ...

There are 3 letters I don't use to pop off for ethical related reasons ... I'll let you guess which 3 letters those are ...

#MicDrop
    What in the fuck is this nonsense and why is it on the board? We have CFA's battling it out w/ MBA's?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Woody reads this board to take the pulse of the fans.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    You know KJR is going to keep the Honks and do one of those cornball postgame shows ala their Seahawks postgame shows and "Baseball's Best Postgame Show" (I think they wised up and discontinued that). They'll do it at some bar and Baird will be sloshed an hour before they go on air. At least it will be easier to ignore them and they won't be the official voice of Husky football.

I had no idea Furness and Puckett pulled that stunt. It doesn't surprise me Puckett would but Furness seems above that.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,953 Founders Club

You know KJR is going to keep the Honks and do one of those cornball postgame shows ala their Seahawks postgame shows and "Baseball's Best Postgame Show" (I think they wised up and discontinued that). They'll do it at some bar and Baird will be sloshed an hour before they go on air. At least it will be easier to ignore them and they won't be the official voice of Husky football.

I had no idea Furness and Puckett pulled that stunt. It doesn't surprise me Puckett would but Furness seems above that.

Furness is an idiot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Furness is an idiot.
    He really is but doesn't get his just deserve credit for being a moron. Hard to stand out as a dumb fuck when your station has Softy, Elise, Brewer, drunk Baird, Gas man, Puckett and Dick Fain. Not to mention the Lemon Party trio.

Sadly Furness might be one of the smarter ones on there. He's basically a silver medalist in the special olympics.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Furness is an idiot.
    He really is but doesn't get his just deserve credit for being a moron. Hard to stand out as a dumb fuck when your station has Softy, Elise, Brewer, drunk Baird, Gas man, Puckett and Dick Fain. Not to mention the Lemon Party trio.

Sadly Furness might be one of the smarter ones on there. He's basically a silver medalist in the special olympics.
    I don't listen to hot sports takes on the radio so I wouldn't know, but who is the gold medalist in your scenario?
    I am curious how quickly KJR will change their stance on Romar. I believe Softy is a true Doog so I think he'll continue to doog it up for Romar.

Also, Doogsinparadise I think Mitch would be the gold medalist of the special olympics in that scenario. I don't listen to these guys in years but judging off their twitter Mitch isn't a huge cunt like the rest of their staff.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Mitch is good ... but he's mailed it in a bit IMO.

The lack of ACCESS!!! means that he's not able to get a lot of good/great interview guests ... which is his strength.

Hard to fault a guy for taking a huge contract and everybody else around you sucking to the point that you can mail it in and still be dramatically better than everybody else on your station.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

The lack of ACCESS!!! means that he's not able to get a lot of good/great interview guests ... which is his strength.

Hard to fault a guy for taking a huge contract and everybody else around you sucking to the point that you can mail it in and still be dramatically better than everybody else on your station.

His "best" interview was the one he did with Sark the day he took the USC job.

El. Oh. El.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Mitch is the biggest hook in Seattle, his jokes and songs about Harbuagh/49ers have gotten realy old fast. He is not good
  • SECisKingSECisKing Member Posts: 920
    Not gonna lie, I thought that Stanford "pregame" Puckett and Furness did was kinda funny

I don't mind their show really.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Mitch also gargled Sarks ball sac while he was here. Fuckin sycophant.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Tequilla said:

Once Mitch had kids, he toned it way down and now that he has Fain on his show who is a devout Christian he rarely crosses the radio "line." There is no question Mitch is all the station has to stand on.

Phuck and furnace still standing by that Sankey is nowhere close as the best back UW history and will not admit it was not a huge loss for WSU not getting him. Pretty strange.
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

Once Mitch had kids, he toned it way down and now that he has Fain on his show who is a devout Christian he rarely crosses the radio "line." There is no question Mitch is all the station has to stand on.

Phuck and furnace still standing by that Sankey is nowhere close as the best back UW history and will not admit it was not a huge loss for WSU not getting him. Pretty strange.
    That's because he isn't. Hugh, Kaufman and Dillon all rank ahead of him IMO.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    edited June 2014
    dhdawg said:

Mitch is the biggest hook in Seattle, his jokes and songs about Harbuagh/49ers have gotten realy old fast. He is not good

The Santa Clara 49ers thing is really stupid. I think the directive for every host and sidekick to call them that came from mgmt. Of course, all the hosts on that station seem corny enough to want to do it on their own too.
    According to Mitch and Jerry, Elise is upset and "pouty" about it (because she knows KOMO will probably can her stupid ass). It would be wrong for you sweatpants boner types to send a blast of texts to 49451. That's 49451. 49451.

Mitch offered to subsidize her lost salary. LMAO

According to Mitch and Jerry, Elise is upset and "pouty" about it (because she knows KOMO will probably can her stupid ass). It would be wrong for you sweatpants boner types to send a blast of texts to 49451. That's 49451. 49451.

What a year for us Husky fans! Lose Sark and gain Petersen. Now no more Softy or Elise associated with UW football. Can't wait for the next domino to fall which is no more credentials for Kim.

Been a good year for us I gotta say.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

What a year for us Husky fans! Lose Sark and gain Petersen. Now no more Softy or Elise associated with UW football. Can't wait for the next domino to fall which is no more credentials for Kim.

Elise is still the sideline person though, right?

Elise is still the sideline person though, right?
    As of today I think she is but will she be on August 30th? Who knows?

Given that she is all pouty about KJR going to Komo and the fact she fucking sucks at her job I'm thinking they'll find some other chick who doesn't sound like a man.