Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Querey for the bored

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

High speed rail... since we are talking about throwing money away. Once built it would st least be useful

California is close to 100 billion now and has no track laid
    I actually thought they had put some rail line down out around Merced and was going to post some wise ass crack about travelling from beautiful Tulare to Modesto but I went and looked in order to confirm before running my mouth, you're right, they still haven't put down even a single mile of track. Unfucking believable.

Imagine if they spent the money on reservoirs to collect all that rain that just washed away.
    My pet project
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,192 Swaye's Wigwam
    Not two, but three chicks at the same time.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 32,008
    Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

High speed rail... since we are talking about throwing money away. Once built it would st least be useful

I actually thought they had put some rail line down out around Merced and was going to post some wise ass crack about travelling from beautiful Tulare to Modesto but I went and looked in order to confirm before running my mouth, you're right, they still haven't put down even a single mile of track. Unfucking believable.

Imagine if they spent the money on reservoirs to collect all that rain that just washed away.
    Naaah, what good would that do? Better to "invest" in on high speed rail and healthcare for illegals.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,135 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Naaah, what good would that do? Better to "invest" in on high speed rail and healthcare for illegals.
    Could build a reservoir and then build a big culvert and run water through a turbine generator and make electricity. Not sure if anyone else ever thought about using gravity and water as a renewable energy source.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,679 Standard Supporter
    California is going to redirect the money to reparations.

Spend the 100 billion on a real war not some fake war - similar to Grenada - won and they haven't caused any problem since. has to be another major enemy we can conquer -
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,555 Swaye's Wigwam
    Burn it to reduce the money supply and curb inflation.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,555 Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Making the same progress as the "new" I-5 bridge and expanding I-5 through north Portland. I'm seeing a pattern.
    In all honesty I'm shocked they still haven't put down a mile of track. I know they've built some of elevated structures to support some of the track because I've seen them the past few times out was out in the Valley. That's got to be the greatest make work job ever created. Seriously this is like African kleptocracy level corruption. Nothing ever gets built and all the money is stolen.
    I used to say this about California a decade ago, the corruption is as bad or worse than 3rd world and people would laugh at me.

Now they play the ostrich boy game instead.

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Making the same progress as the "new" I-5 bridge and expanding I-5 through north Portland. I'm seeing a pattern.
    In all honesty I'm shocked they still haven't put down a mile of track. I know they've built some of elevated structures to support some of the track because I've seen them the past few times out was out in the Valley. That's got to be the greatest make work job ever created. Seriously this is like African kleptocracy level corruption. Nothing ever gets built and all the money is stolen.
    I used to say this about California a decade ago, the corruption is as bad or worse than 3rd world and people would laugh at me.

It's gotten so much worse here in the last 10 years.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

I'm really not a greedy person, plus since I've lived here my entire adult life I'm sorta ignorant to how much I'm getting screwed in taxes/fees.

But there needs to be something to show for it. The homeless shit is insane. The grid is perma-fucked. Dams are crumbling. Forests aren't maintained and then we cry climate change when half the state burns down. A water crisis that could have been solved with a pinch of funding from the bullet train to Bakersfield.

The money seems to just disappear and everything gets shittier.

It's still home, but damn it's tempting to get out.
    Miami welcomes you.

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,362
    edited February 2023

Goduckies said:

Yup it's a cluster they have only spent 10 billion though.... but total cost 100 yes. It's why i am against them.
    SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

They are building the right of way now in the central valley... these huge sections over farmland etc because they decided to go down 99 instead of 5.

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Could build a reservoir and then build a big culvert and run water through a turbine generator and make electricity. Not sure if anyone else ever thought about using gravity and water as a renewable energy source.
    Tearing the ones we got out on the Snake soon up here... dumb.
    Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

I'm really not a greedy person, plus since I've lived here my entire adult life I'm sorta ignorant to how much I'm getting screwed in taxes/fees.

But there needs to be something to show for it. The homeless shit is insane. The grid is perma-fucked. Dams are crumbling. Forests aren't maintained and then we cry climate change when half the state burns down. A water crisis that could have been solved with a pinch of funding from the bullet train to Bakersfield.

When I finish working I'm out of here. Here's one example of the decline where I live. The public high school where I live used to be fairly solid in terms of academics. If you had a kid that was academically inclined there were AP classes and college track classes they could take. The school was safe, with the only really incidents being the normal school fights. Thankfully my youngest kid graduated last year.

This year, there has already been at least a half a dozen incidents involving guns on campus. No one has been shot yet, but the school has been locked down numerous times because of guns. This would have been unthinkable even 5 years ago. The quality of the Education has tanked completely. Woke indoctrination has replaced it.
    Goduckies said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

They are building the right of way now in the central valley... these huge sections over farmland etc because they decided to go down 99 instead of 5.
    That was on account of the politicians demanding that the "high speed" train make plenty of stops in places like Merced and Tulare.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    That's actually a myth
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Bullet train graft > reservoir graft.
    SFGbob said:

Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

When I finish working I'm out of here. Here's one example of the decline where I live. The public high school where I live used to be fairly solid in terms of academics. If you had a kid that was academically inclined there were AP classes and college track classes they could take. The school was safe, with the only really incidents being the normal school fights. Thankfully my youngest kid graduated last year.

This year, there has already been at least a half a dozen incidents involving guns on campus. No one has been shot yet, but the school has been locked down numerous times because of guns. This would have been unthinkable even 5 years ago. The quality of the Education has tanked completely. Woke indoctrination has replaced it.
    Piedmont?
    SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

That was on account of the politicians demanding that the "high speed" train make plenty of stops in places like Merced and Tulare.
    At the cost of billions