Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    My answer

Prosecuting Uncle Phil
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,511 Swaye's Wigwam
    Build the Arizona Coyotes a rink
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,362
    High speed rail... since we are talking about throwing money away. Once built it would st least be useful
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    Goduckies said:

High speed rail... since we are talking about throwing money away. Once built it would st least be useful

California is close to 100 billion now and has no track laid
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,810 Standard Supporter

Goduckies said:

You'd think for 100 bill, you'd get at least a hand job.

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    Severance packages for most federal employees.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,971 Swaye's Wigwam
    Goduckies said:

We are not Europe- we don't have an infrastructure set up to sustain what happens on either end of HSR. You take the Chunnel from London to Paris and in either city you take the tube/metro to your next stop. In the US most cities aren't set up to support that. When we have money to burn in Atlanta we start talking about expanding MARTA to suburbs. Great idea until you realize that all stops in town are to the Stadium/Courthouse/Georgia Tech. It's not realistic to ask someone to walk six blocks in the Atlanta summers to go from the MARTA stop to their office.

Never once have I heard a politician talk about incenting business to move closer to the MARTA lines. There's no grift in it for them.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    More IRS agents!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club

Goduckies said:

We are not Europe- we don't have an infrastructure set up to sustain what happens on either end of HSR. You take the Chunnel from London to Paris and in either city you take the tube/metro to your next stop. In the US most cities aren't set up to support that. When we have money to burn in Atlanta we start talking about expanding MARTA to suburbs. Great idea until you realize that all stops in town are to the Stadium/Courthouse/Georgia Tech. It's not realistic to ask someone to walk six blocks in the Atlanta summers to go from the MARTA stop to their office.

Never once have I heard a politician talk about incenting business to move closer to the MARTA lines. There's no grift in it for them.
    In America if it didn't get built in the late 1800s in major cities where there was little or no regulation it's too late

The shit that has been built late 20th century is like you describe. Feel good toys for the well to do to keep riff raff out o their way on the freeways

Saw a bit of Bill Mahar bemoaning how much red tape there is to build rail these days. No shit Bill - you don't want it by you either

Beverly Hills is suing to stop a line from going UNDER Beverley Hills. I like their lawyers in this one

The car is the modern horse. Freedom. Can't have that
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,135 Standard Supporter

Goduckies said:

In America if it didn't get built in the late 1800s in major cities where there was little or no regulation it's too late

The shit that has been built late 20th century is like you describe. Feel good toys for the well to do to keep riff raff out o their way on the freeways

Saw a bit of Bill Mahar bemoaning how much red tape there is to build rail these days. No shit Bill - you don't want it by you either

Beverly Hills is suing to stop a line from going UNDER Beverley Hills. I like their lawyers in this one

They built light rail from Portland out to the big Clackamas mall and it just provided a nice line for the rats to ride out for some five finger discounts. Shop lifting and car theft exploded. Fare enforcement is non-existent along with security for passengers. Public transit is just a grift for public unions and politically connected construction companies. Giuliani cleaned up the New York City subway system. But the green commies think that public safety is not a priority but still are trying to take away our cars. Freedom of movement is dangerous to a fascist.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 32,008

Goduckies said:

I actually thought they had put some rail line down out around Merced and was going to post some wise ass crack about travelling from beautiful Tulare to Modesto but I went and looked in order to confirm before running my mouth, you're right, they still haven't put down even a single mile of track. Unfucking believable.

Goduckies said:

They built light rail from Portland out to the big Clackamas mall and it just provided a nice line for the rats to ride out for some five finger discounts. Shop lifting and car theft exploded. Fare enforcement is non-existent along with security for passengers. Public transit is just a grift for public unions and politically connected construction companies. Giuliani cleaned up the New York City subway system. But the green commies think that public safety is not a priority but still are trying to take away our cars. Freedom of movement is dangerous to a fascist.
    Many public transit lines have stopped going after fare evaders for the usual reasons. You were ticketing too many people with the wrong paint job.
    SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

I actually thought they had put some rail line down out around Merced and was going to post some wise ass crack about travelling from beautiful Tulare to Modesto but I went and looked in order to confirm before running my mouth, you're right, they still haven't put down even a single mile of track. Unfucking believable.

Making the same progress as the "new" I-5 bridge and expanding I-5 through north Portland. I'm seeing a pattern.

Goduckies said:

BART got built in the late 60s early 70s and before they started allowing "equity" to rule on the trains was actually a fairly safe and clean public transit system. No more.
    SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

BART got built in the late 60s early 70s and before they started allowing "equity" to rule on the trains was actually a fairly safe and clean public transit system. No more.
    When the official response to crime on the public transit system is to stop publishing pictures and race of the perps you get a lot more crime.

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Making the same progress as the "new" I-5 bridge and expanding I-5 through north Portland. I'm seeing a pattern.
    In all honesty I'm shocked they still haven't put down a mile of track. I know they've built some of elevated structures to support some of the track because I've seen them the past few times out was out in the Valley. That's got to be the greatest make work job ever created. Seriously this is like African kleptocracy level corruption. Nothing ever gets built and all the money is stolen.