Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Race Bannon's OFFICIAL Golf Talk 2023-2024 Thread

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You're not really trying to make the tour you want to crush stronger

Norman chokes again

My point really isn't about LIV making the Tour better. I'm saying that Tour players should be thanking LIV for coming along and giving them some nice pay raises. LIV accelerated some changes that benefit those guys.
    Agree
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Should I learn to hit a driver in 2023? This is the question.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Go big or go home…make leverage your fren…
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you want to make money chip and putt

If you want to have fun hit the driver
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I’m all for Norman choking, Phil DIAFF, and the tour players benefiting.

Abundance.
    Swaye's Wigwam

5 iron is my driver. I'm decent with a wedge and a putter and our? greens are fucking brutal.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654

You just described the Throbber's sex life.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

You're a male prostitute?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654

You're a male prostitute?
    Bills gots to be paid.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Modern drivers are the easiest club in the bag to hit Yella. If my iron play, which I work on a lot, came close to my driving, which I never work on except during rounds, I'd be a scratch golfer.

Get one and figure it out. I'd look for one of the previous year's Taylor Mades, M series or Sim, to avoid spending $400+ on a club that you don't think you can hit
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,763
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Modern drivers are the easiest club in the bag to hit Yella. If my iron play, which I work on a lot, came close to my driving, which I never work on except during rounds, I'd be a scratch golfer.

Get one and figure it out. I'd look for one of the previous year's Taylor Mades, M series or Sim, to avoid spending $400+ on a club that you don't think you can hit
    So true. Unless there's a crazy dogleg or a hazard that cuts through the fairway or something, I hit driver. Not because I've got a big dick or anything, but mostly because the sweet spot is so big now compared to a 3w or long iron. Better chance of hitting it straight and on the face than those other options.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

chuck said:

So true. Unless there's a crazy dogleg or a hazard that cuts through the fairway or something, I hit driver. Not because I've got a big dick or anything, but mostly because the sweet spot is so big now compared to a 3w or long iron. Better chance of hitting it straight and on the face than those other options.
    I have a friend who can routinely crush it 300 yards but isn't consistently accurate. He's still usually in play and in wedge range though. What cracks me up is how he'll pick some odd hole to "play it safe" with his three iron. 81% of his iron tee shots are 100 yards shorter than his driver and in the rough, if he's lucky. It's comical.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So I flipped to the CW since the PGA Tour was nothing this week and thought I'd check out the LIV

Wasn't on. It was on the guide but not the station

But Laura Baugh's son almost won the Honda

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

You aren't a beginner anymore
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

Bob_C said:

chuck said:

I have a friend who can routinely crush it 300 yards but isn't consistently accurate. He's still usually in play and in wedge range though. What cracks me up is how he'll pick some odd hole to "play it safe" with his three iron. 81% of his iron tee shots are 100 yards shorter than his driver and in the rough, if he's lucky. It's comical.
    Bomb and Gouge POTD!...
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

So I flipped to the CW since the PGA Tour was nothing this week and thought I'd check out the LIV

Wasn't on. It was on the guide but not the station

#metoo

Great network deal there Greg.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

You got extra long clubs? My driver is off the shelf but have 1/2 inch longer irons. Need new stuff so considering going a full inch longer.

Heh.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

You got extra long clubs? My driver is off the shelf but have 1/2 inch longer irons. Need new stuff so considering going a full inch longer.

Heh.
    I bought my first real set of irons last year and got fitted for plus 1.5 inch. Calloway Big Berthas. 5, 7, 9, PW and Putter.

I'll get a driver this spring.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Bob_C said:

chuck said:

I don't disagree with the logic here. I need to buy a modern, forgiving driver and learn to hit it.

But my 5 iron goes about 170 yds with an easy tall guy swing and generally hits the fairway. I'll take 170 in the fairway vs 240 in the rough every time.

Also, the rough at my course is fucking brutal. Here's the 1st tee. @Tequilla can confirm.

Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

You aren't a beginner anymore
    I took a lesson last summer.

She was a lesbian @BleachedAnusDawg . Majority of the best NCAA woman's golfer are rug munchers.