Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2023 New Bored Motto Tournament - Lake/DeBoer Division - [4] vs. [13]

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited January 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
Round 1 matchup between our temperate about watching a 5-2 football team (that could easily go 5-7) versus an chinsightful TBS analysis from AtomicDawg

For context:

4. https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1736229/#Comment_1736229

13. https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1766960/#Comment_1766960

2023 New Bored Motto Tournament - Lake/DeBoer Division - [4] vs. [13] 36 votes

4. For the record, we can like a 5-2 record and still hate the team.
66%
DerekJohnsonSwayeBennyBeaverPurpleBazeMad_SonAtomicDawgLawDawg1TheHBbiak1pawzGrundleStiltzkinwhatshouldicareaboutEsophagealFecesNEsnake12YellowSnowBundyDawgNorwegianHuskydannarcLesGrossmanCanadawg 24 votes
13. I don’t think he’s great but not sure he sucks
33%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonwhlinderdncchuckseatownfunkhuskyhooliganSourcesFireCohenBleachedAnusDawgRDRJoeEDangerously 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I admittedly haven't studied the methodology here and I hate to be THAT GUY but how is stuff that didn't garner a single upvote or chin when someone nominated it for the new bored motto making the cut? Clearly no one agreed it was a good nomination or they would have chinned/upvoted the nominating post? That would seem to be the simplest way to evaluate what is worth chinclusion.

• Options
    ATBS thank you for your hard work on the offseason bored malarkey. Having run one of these myself I know it's a thankless jerb and assholes like me love to poke holes in it. Just curious how we ended up here.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I admittedly haven't studied the methodology here and I hate to be THAT GUY but how is stuff that didn't garner a single upvote or chin when someone nominated it for the new bored motto making the cut? Clearly no one agreed it was a good nomination or they would have chinned/upvoted the nominating post? That would seem to be the simplest way to evaluate what is worth chinclusion.

I was drunk

that and I searched through pretty much any post where someone quoted or referenced something as a new slogan or motto. After getting to 64, I cut off my search, so there were some that likely missed the cut.

For rankings, I used the total number of votes/chins on the posts in the 2015 tournament. I decided to use the same method for all the other posts which didn't translate all that well to the tournament. I could have used the upvotes/chins on the post nominating it (in which case, this had 4 upvotes versus 1 from the original post wheres the 5-2 team had 14 upvotes versus 0 from Derek nominating it), but I already started doing the original method before realizing how different it'd be the other way.

Another issue was that the whole "new bored motto" had very different uses throughout the years, with it being used really well in 2015, then it fell out of use during the Petersen era, and only became popular again around 2020. It's also used differently than before, which is why I tried to provide links to each old post so that people could see whether the joke was actually funny or relevant anymore.

Overall, there were definite ways of improving this thread, but like some of the other mottos considered, this was Not My Best Effort and I knew I fucked it up but didn't care enough to figure out how.
  • Options

dnc said:

I was drunk

that and I searched through pretty much any post where someone quoted or referenced something as a new slogan or motto. After getting to 64, I cut off my search, so there were some that likely missed the cut.

For rankings, I used the total number of votes/chins on the posts in the 2015 tournament. I decided to use the same method for all the other posts which didn't translate all that well to the tournament. I could have used the upvotes/chins on the post nominating it (in which case, this had 4 upvotes versus 1 from the original post wheres the 5-2 team had 14 upvotes versus 0 from Derek nominating it), but I already started doing the original method before realizing how different it'd be the other way.

Another issue was that the whole "new bored motto" had very different uses throughout the years, with it being used really well in 2015, then it fell out of use during the Petersen era, and only became popular again around 2020. It's also used differently than before, which is why I tried to provide links to each old post so that people could see whether the joke was actually funny or relevant anymore.

Overall, there were definite ways of improving this thread, but like some of the other mottos considered, this was Not My Best Effort and I knew I fucked it up but didn't care enough to figure out how.
    tyfys
  • Options
    The new favorite, still hating the team despite being 5-2, leads the Lake/DeBoer division after securing a 20-11 win
This discussion has been closed.