Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Romney was the better choice

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Fenwick said:

You who believe in Romney are deluding yourselves. You really think any president of this country is going to do what is right and good for the people? Romney was firmly in the grasp of big ass money. Obama is all talk and not much action. Both suck.

Yes....but to think Obama isn't also in the grasp of big ass money is absurd...

Corporate State of America.

War is over. Corporations won.
    Not quite... still need to start a war so big to justify restarting the draft and send young, loud dissenters into unwinnable battles.

It'll give 'em all a new respect for government power.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Fenwick said:

You who believe in Romney are deluding yourselves. You really think any president of this country is going to do what is right and good for the people? Romney was firmly in the grasp of big ass money. Obama is all talk and not much action. Both suck.

You have no idea how bad things were when Ronald Reagan took over.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,125 Founders Club
    Fenwick said:

You who believe in Romney are deluding yourselves. You really think any president of this country is going to do what is right and good for the people? Romney was firmly in the grasp of big ass money. Obama is all talk and not much action AND firmly in the grasp of big ass money. Both suck.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Corporate profits are at all time highs. Profit margins are at all time highs. There has not been a better President for big business ever. Yes O-care sucks dick but big business will get around it. Its the middle class people who will get fucked the most by it.

The economy and financial system is in far worse shape then it was when Reagan came aboard. The only problem then was inflation and it was snuffed out by rate hikes and a bad recession. Reagen inherited a debt/gdp that declined sharply for 35 years. Thus, he was able to run big deficits no problem. Funny thing now is gov employment has been going down under Obama since the first few years. The deficit is also contracting.

Theres no policy that can get the economy back on track. There is no quick fix. It took 20 years after 1929 for the economy & system to be cleaned, repaired etc. The coming big problem is that interest rates need to go higher. The private sector could handle it to some degree but the government sector cannot. If interest rates rise just a few %, the interest payments on the debt will explode. We are 5 years into an expansion and interest rates are at 0. This is the bizarro world. Huge inflation will get us through but its going to take at least 5 years and they have to let inflation run so the debt burden declines. This is what happened after WW II.

Whoever becomes President after that (2020) will inherit an ideal situation, like Reagen did.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited June 2014

Corporate profits are at all time highs. Profit margins are at all time highs. There has not been a better President for big business ever. Yes O-care sucks dick but big business will get around it. Its the middle class people who will get fucked the most by it.

The economy and financial system is in far worse shape then it was when Reagan came aboard. The only problem then was inflation and it was snuffed out by rate hikes and a bad recession. Reagen inherited a debt/gdp that declined sharply for 35 years. Thus, he was able to run big deficits no problem. Funny thing now is gov employment has been going down under Obama since the first few years. The deficit is also contracting.

Theres no policy that can get the economy back on track. There is no quick fix. It took 20 years after 1929 for the economy & system to be cleaned, repaired etc. The coming big problem is that interest rates need to go higher. The private sector could handle it to some degree but the government sector cannot. If interest rates rise just a few %, the interest payments on the debt will explode. We are 5 years into an expansion and interest rates are at 0. This is the bizarro world. Huge inflation will get us through but its going to take at least 5 years and they have to let inflation run so the debt burden declines. This is what happened after WW II.

Whoever becomes President after that (2020) will inherit an ideal situation, like Reagen did.

I like to ignore the crippling double digit inflation that Reagan inherited. I do that.

I also like to ignore that it took a World War to fix the economy after 1929. I also do that.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited June 2014

I like to ignore the crippling double digit inflation that Reagan inherited. I do that.

I also like to ignore that it took a World War to fix the economy after 1929. I also do that.
    WWII didn't fix the economy. Popular myth.

reason.com/archives/2013/01/27/world-war-ii-spending-did-not-end-the-gr
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Hello there.

Private spending naturally goes down when a lot of the participants in the private sector LEAVE! to go win a World War and pop off.

Hello there.

Private spending naturally goes down when a lot of the participants in the private sector LEAVE! to go win a World War and pop off.
    Hello there. You're better than this. Think deeper.

mises.org/daily/5069
    PurpleJ said:

Fenwick said:

You who believe in Romney are deluding yourselves. You really think any president of this country is going to do what is right and good for the people? Romney was firmly in the grasp of big ass money. Obama is all talk and not much action AND firmly in the grasp of big ass money. Both suck.

Sounds like a few here are trying to defer blame for helping put this fuckstick in office.

It's the rebuilding of the countries you blew to shit using the treasures you plundered from VICTORY! that boosts an economy.

It's the rebuilding of the countries you blew to shit using the treasures you plundered from VICTORY! that boosts an economy.

No.

No.
    So having the world's primary manufacturing base, writing the rules for expansion and controlling the supply and price of energy after WWII had nothing to do with growth?

edited June 2014

No.
    So having the world's primary manufacturing base, writing the rules for expansion and controlling the supply and price of energy after WWII had nothing to do with growth?

The war is not what ended the depression.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter

No.

The war is not what ended the depression.

Lucy Mercer and a heart attack did though.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,383 Founders Club
    So, what the fuck ended the depression? I've been waiting a day for the answer (too lazy to look it up).
    Swaye said:

So, what the fuck ended the depression? I've been waiting a day for the answer (too lazy to look it up).

Ending Depressions isn't microwave popcorn.

You have to bring your own guys in and you have to realize the guy before you did a fuck load of damage so there is never an easy fix.

Disagree.

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Romney. The conservative that brought you gay marriage and Obama Care.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,081
    edited June 2014
    topdawgnc said:

He called Russia ...

He called the current situation in Iraq ...

And he would have been focused on the economy.

I'll give you Russia, but even the creep, along with everyone else with a mental pulse, called Iraq. Doesn't mean any of us should be the POTUS.

Besides, cult members who actually believe that a bi-polar, 19th century charlatan tapped into universal truths on a mountain top need not apply.

Remember, there is no half-way with the morms: you're in or you're out. i personally know a lot of them, and those who are in are believers in the word of Smitty. there's no fucking around with that crowd.