Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Romney was the better choice

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

priapism said:

Romney could have won had he not given off that snake-oil-salesman-vibe.

or if he didn't change his stance on every issue
    Or if he wouldn't have ran a 1980 campaign against a new century machine.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,661
    edited June 2014
    priapism said:

Romney could have won had he not given off that snake-oil-salesman-vibe wasn't a white dude

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    He should have tried to get the illegal alien vote. He might have won then.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,691 Standard Supporter
    edited June 2014
    It was the 47% comment that doomed Romney because it kept him on the defensive yet again. He pummeled Obama in the first debate but lost the initiative and was reacting too often.

Who gets the Republican nod for 2016? He's been somewhat low-key, his name could be toxic because of his brother, and he is white but Jeb Bush is more intellectual than George, ran Florida very well, and is married to a Latina (since being a white male in the Oval Office is somewhat frowned up now).
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,125 Founders Club
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,383 Founders Club
    HFNY said:

It was the 47% comment that doomed Romney because it kept him on the defensive yet again. He pummeled Obama in the first debate but lost the initiative and was reacting too often.

Who gets the Republican nod for 2016? He's been somewhat low-key, his name could be toxic because of his brother, and he is white but Jeb Bush is more intellectual than George, ran Florida very well, and is married to a Latina (since being a white male in the Oval Office is somewhat frowned up now).

Jeb was the smart one, but we got W. Twice. Now I think Bush exhaustion will doom Jeb's chances, even though he would make a pretty decent Prez. Who the fuck knows...
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

The fact you guys give me WTF's for saying that shows how ignorant you are.

I used to think highly of certain people on the Tug. Now, not so much.

Damone is giving you WTF's because i'ts pretty obvious that it bugs you.

Don't over think this.
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I was referring to Toppy.

It's always the ones that you love the most that hurt you the deepest.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Swaye said:

HFNY said:

Jeb was the smart one, but we got W. Twice. Now I think Bush exhaustion will doom Jeb's chances, even though he would make a pretty decent Prez. Who the fuck knows...
    It would be tough for Jeb to win.

However, his dad his dad was well connected ... both financially and to some very smart mother fuckers. That served Bush Jr. well ... it was the difference between losing in 2000 and winning.

So if it came down to Jeb and Hillary ... I think it would be a bare knuckle win the 4% middle ground contest.

I am finishing up "In My Life" by Dick Cheney.

It is fucking amazing how powerful Bush Sr. was. It is even more impressive how powerful Rumsfeld was. Both men were on a path to the Presidency as far back as 1974.

I also marvel at how smart Cheney is.

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld ... those were the power brokers back in the 70's.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

H.W. Bush is the man. Have you ever read "Fly Boys"?

Great book. Big clanking brass balls on those naval aviators.
    edited June 2014

HFNY said:

H.W. Bush is the man. Have you ever read "Fly Boys"?

Great book. Big clanking brass balls on those naval aviators.
    Your damn right we have big balls. However, mine don't clank.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    How about, no more Bushes in politics. Or Kennedys or Clintons.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,125 Founders Club
    3rd Bush is a charm!
    PurpleJ said:

3rd Bush is a charm!

I think I speak for the whole board when I say we are all for more bush.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

How about, no more Bushes in politics. Or Kennedys or Clintons.

But how were they bad presidents?

• FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    You who believe in Romney are deluding yourselves. You really think any president of this country is going to do what is right and good for the people? Romney was firmly in the grasp of big ass money. Obama is all talk and not much action. Both suck.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,766 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014

Fenwick said:

You who believe in Romney are deluding yourselves. You really think any president of this country is going to do what is right and good for the people? Romney was firmly in the grasp of big ass money. Obama is all talk and not much action. Both suck.

Yes....but to think Obama isn't also in the grasp of big ass money is absurd...

Corporate State of America.

War is over. Corporations won.