Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let’s talk the back end

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dannarc said:

Well, with a big, tall, healthy Penix and his ensemble of playmakers, we won't have much trouble scoring points on almost anybody. Can the defensive backend handle the poundin to the roundin to atleast slow offenses down enough to make sure we win the TOP game. If we can get into a playoff/NY6 game, that's when having a lockdown defense makes a difference when the game no longer is a flag football touchdownpalooza, and you NEED a stop. I'd feel better with another portal rat innthe secondary that can hit hard and is instinctive and can lockdown a #1 WR

TCU had a great offense and scored 7 against Georgia

The UW fanbase is misguided if they think they the offense can score on anybody nation wide …

Now if we’re only concerned about implications to winning the P12 and whatever happens after that happens then it’s probably fine to just bank on the offense
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    TCU blah blah blah
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dannarc said:

Well, with a big, tall, healthy Penix and his ensemble of playmakers, we won't have much trouble scoring points on almost anybody. Can the defensive backend handle the poundin to the roundin to atleast slow offenses down enough to make sure we win the TOP game. If we can get into a playoff/NY6 game, that's when having a lockdown defense makes a difference when the game no longer is a flag football touchdownpalooza, and you NEED a stop. I'd feel better with another portal rat innthe secondary that can hit hard and is instinctive and can lockdown a #1 WR

The UW fanbase is misguided if they think they the offense can score on anybody nation wide …

Now if we’re only concerned about implications to winning the P12 and whatever happens after that happens then it’s probably fine to just bank on the offense
    UW would struggle punching the ball in from within the 5 against SEC teams but they'd be able to put up between 21-28 on anybody
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I have no fucking clue what any of you are talking about... he is easily the worst Safety to play for UW since Tripper Johnson.

You can literally pick almost any drive from any game that he is in and see multiple intentional pussy angles/fake tackles. He is easy to follow since he wears 27 wristbands now...

Here I picked some random oregon plays... these are not cherry picked lowlights from the season... this happens every fucking drive.

Two plays fucking later:

He has to think this is 7 on 7 two hand touch football or something?? He actively waits for his teammates to make tackles he should be making? Oregon ran the same play twice, separated by just a few mins game time... both times, a unblocked Asa slowed down on purpose so his teammates "could" make the tackle. Oregon literally ran this play 3+ more times in the 3rd quarter twice back to back and it worked every time because they never had to account for backside pursuit from the strong/wide side...

Tackle in Space:

Still just in the 3rd quarter... Im fucking done...

Asa is not good; he still plays like he is actively avoiding contact... with his eyes closed. AND I dont have some Nega-Asa folder on my computer... It takes me longer to make the gif for this boomer shit website than to find a play of him fucking up in basically every opponent drive...

The only thing Asa is ELITE at is missing tackles, being a giant fucking pussy, and furiously backpedaling off the screen pre snap.

Yes, the Oregon game was a complete disaster tackling.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

dannarc said:

UW would struggle punching the ball in from within the 5 against SEC teams but they'd be able to put up between 21-28 on anybody
    You are unfairly underestimating UWs Oline. They did well against Oregon and Texas' dlines who are as talented as all but a 2-3 SEC teams
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

dannarc said:

You are unfairly underestimating UWs Oline. They did well against Oregon and Texas' dlines who are as talented as all but a 2-3 SEC teams
    UW struggled mightily against MSU and OSU
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

dannarc said:

MSU got virtually no pressure. UCLA was the one team that got consistent pressure and that's cause they had Latu.
  • Options

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

dannarc said:

MSU got virtually no pressure. UCLA was the one team that got consistent pressure and that's cause they had Latu.
    Do you know how to follow a thread?

I'm talking about rushing at the goal line. No shit MSU didn't get pressure on Penix when he's handing it off and we're getting stuffed on the 1
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Undefeated when Asa plays. He's not the standard "DBU" Safety we've come to enjoy, but he's a plus athlete and has improved.

I don't hate him like many do. We absolutely need him to take another step.

Edit to say he played in ASU but was ejected early with the lead. We fell apart afterwards.

So you're saying that Asa cost us a Rose Bowl? Another reason to hate him.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

dannarc said:

Do you know how to follow a thread?

I'm talking about rushing at the goal line. No shit MSU didn't get pressure on Penix when he's handing it off and we're getting stuffed on the 1
    Run game improved a lot over the season.

First rule of off-season natty: focus on late season successes, amplify and project those forward.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Another Ramming thread, huh🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Man this chick sucks lol
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Looks like it’s Hampton playing the Thumper roll at Strong Safety and Asa at Free safety playing center fielder
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

I don't know what the original topic of this thread was, but I like where it's going.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This thread didn't deliver, and then it did, and then it didn't and then it did again!
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    TXDawg said:

I don't know what the original topic of this thread was, but I like where it's going.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This saved the thread IMO