Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huard sells the couch

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

haie said:

If I'm Huard I would just stick it out at UW. It's over. You're a 5* bust. It's not entirely his fault, you have neckbeard TBS website runners evaluating you at 7 on 7 camps and it in no way simulates having power 5 edge rushers coming at you.

You can cush your way through life at UW by just being 3rd string QB and doing something there afterwards. This isn't a Haener situation.

He's only in his second year. He clearly didn't figure it out here, but by no means is he yet a bust.
    He will be.
    Yeah, he just didn’t ever look physically comfortable on a P5 field. That was the biggest red flag.

Some kids rise to it but he looked overwhelmed and it was clear that the arm talent factor was not transferring from HS.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023

I trust DeBoer and Grubb. Huard got ZERO time against Colorado. Very telling IMHO. Sunday got a couple snaps in that game. Sam just wasn't the guy. Another example of a 7v7 qb not translating to the actual game.

He threw plenty of dimes in high school football as well, not just 7 on 7. Great accurate deep and intermediate balls but it was never with major arm strength. I thought he would have more command of the offense and it would translate. Sounds like he never got his reads down and with the lack of a big arm that was a bad combo. Good luck to him but I’m not worried. If he was confident he would have won the job when penix left I think he’d stay.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,479
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    best news all day!!! Huard gone!!!!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Only issue is the QB room numbers, but two different staffs essentially had the same feeling on his talent level/readiness to play.

Janitor is on it: ordering more bubble wrap for Penix.

For better and for worse, Hardcore Husky can be a rough crowd
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Only issue is the QB room numbers, but two different staffs essentially had the same feeling on his talent level/readiness to play.

Janitor is on it: ordering more bubble wrap for Penix.

For better and for worse, Hardcore Husky can be a rough crowd
    I was being gentle!
  • Options
    Bedroom_RussBedroom_Russ Member Posts: 105
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

If college football all of a sudden stops being a contact sport, everyone wears shorts and a t shirt, and the WB throws to receivers without a defense playing then we will REALLY miss Huard.

By 2026
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,356
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In DeBoner we trust. Most schools are gonna have QB depth issues to a certain degree in the portal era (ILTCIT), so best to have a head coach with a track record of developing top passers.

In the meantime, a lotta echo in that QB room, and a lotta praying that our? Penix doesn’t break. (Which would have been the case either way, so it’s interesting.)
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Weren't we allegedly in the running for a pretty good 4 star transferring out of Purdue now that Brohm left?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Weren't we allegedly in the running for a pretty good 4 star transferring out of Purdue now that Brohm left?

He went back to Purdue
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,356
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    Seems doubtful there is going to be any QB who will portal to UW between now and next season capable of beating Morris for the backup job anyway.

Let that sink in.

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Save this, screenshot it...

Sam goes to Cal Poly, rips it and portals back.

Crisp. Polished. Enlarged cock. Sam returns to Montalke for '24 with four years of HS, 2 at UW and video game numbers at Cal Poly and will do everything he can to win the game(s)

Cal Poly is the new UW farm system
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023
    Walker Howard, a LSU QB, just hit the portal. He just completed his rs. freshman year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dOgmaster said:

Walker Howard, a LSU QB, just hit the portal. He just completed his rs. freshman year.

Of Brian Kelly Twerk Tok fame

and Brian Kelly
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

AOG said:

I don’t like it because it does create depth issues, but I am glad that I won’t have to read doogs talking about Huard as the future and acting like he might be the actual back up because the depth chart says “or.”

Hopefully there is a Minshew type that wants to get into coaching that wants to learn under DeBoer and Grubb that might be able to be decent. We are fucked anyways if Penix goes down. Nothing has changed. We aren’t competing for a natty without BPE.
    Minshew started games in the league this year
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Canadawg said:

AOG said:

I don’t like it because it does create depth issues, but I am glad that I won’t have to read doogs talking about Huard as the future and acting like he might be the actual back up because the depth chart says “or.”

Hopefully there is a Minshew type that wants to get into coaching that wants to learn under DeBoer and Grubb that might be able to be decent. We are fucked anyways if Penix goes down. Nothing has changed. We aren’t competing for a natty without BPE.
    Minshew started games in the league this year
    He originally was grad transferring to Bama to back up and set himself up for a coaching career, that's what RD is referencing.