Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    We have 9 fucking RBs on the roster? Please tell me some of these kids are leaving.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    Sunday must be on his way out + at least one of Dumas/Nixon if not both. Adams is probably gone too, though I'd like to see him move to safety.
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    Id like to see Adams stay. Sunday, Dumas for sure can go. Dixon is strange.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,908 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m also on bored for seeing Adams move to defense. Safety would be fine, but he’s big enough, I’d like to see him at LB. We need LBs who can run and cover.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

I’m also on bored for seeing Adams move to defense. Safety would be fine, but he’s big enough, I’d like to see him at LB. We need LBs who can run and cover.

Kid could be a beast, hopefully he doesn't have a total hard-on for RB and is willing to switch if asked
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Kid could be a beast, hopefully he doesn't have a total hard-on for RB and is willing to switch if asked
    I don’t think he would last long at safety with his injury history.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,797 Founders Club

I don’t think he would last long at safety with his injury history.
    He plays RB though. If he gets 15-18 carries that’s 15-18 hits. Plus catches and blocking. If the front seven is any good he should only be making contact with guys 5-10 times a game at safety. At least move him somewhere that UW has depth concerns if he’s at all interested.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,933 Swaye's Wigwam
    I've seen something from Adams in his limited touches. He's the main guy I want to stay that a lot of others think will transfer or switch. He had one bad drop, but looks really natural, quick, and powerful with the ball. I haven't sent enough to argue about it too much, but that's what I think.

I also like Nixon for his quickness.

Davis
    Johnson
    Newton
    Adams
    Rodgers
    Nixon

I'm probably forgetting one, but off the top of my head that's the RB depth I'd like to see coming out of spring.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
    Id much rather see Johnson above Davis

Id much rather see Johnson above Davis

It looks like it, but I didn't really mean to list them in a particular order.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 741
    chuck said:

I've seen something from Adams in his limited touches. He's the main guy I want to stay that a lot of others think will transfer or switch. He had one bad drop, but looks really natural, quick, and powerful with the ball. I haven't sent enough to argue about it too much, but that's what I think.

Davis
    Johnson
    Newton
    Adams
    Rodgers
    Nixon

I'm probably forgetting one, but off the top of my head that's the RB depth I'd like to see coming out of spring.

Ngata

chuck said:

Davis
    Johnson
    Newton
    Adams
    Rodgers
    Nixon

Ngata
    Copy. I'm not real thrilled with him so I'm not surprised he was the one I forgot.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,559 Founders Club
    I heard Sunday already got kicked off
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    Who is the take-it-to-the-house back?

If we're ok with labeling Johnson as Papa 2.0 i'm good with the consistent churner who gains tough yards, keeps Penix erect, and can catch.

But whose the guy that's gonna blow the lid off when the D is worn down?

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

The way Nixon just disappeared was a little surprising. He was getting some snaps early and then was just gone. I think he is out. Dumas too. I've heard Sunday can't catch the ball so he is probably out. I hope Adams stays

Nixon was #2 because Davis and Newton hadn’t played in fall camp. I remember Grubb saying they had proven nothing and he had very little opinion of both.

Nixon couldn’t get on the field at Nebraska, albeit as a freshman. He’s not very good. Like Dumas, the coaches brought him on to add competition.

I think Davis or Newton leaves. Possibly Ngata too if he’s 3rd/4th string after Spring. Tybo Rodgers will be a good RB for us and it doesn’t always take RB’s 2+ years to make an impact.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam

I heard Sunday already got kicked off

Supposedly Sunday gave Davis the concussion that kept him out of the Alamo Bowl.

He just sold the couch
    How did that happen?

Surprised Sunday never got any meaningful snaps. He looked like a better Dick Newt
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 741
    Doogles said:

Who is the take-it-to-the-house back?

If we're ok with labeling Johnson as Papa 2.0 i'm good with the consistent churner who gains tough yards, keeps Penix erect, and can catch.

But whose the guy that's gonna blow the lid off when the D is worn down?

Still not sure there is one unless you're hoping Ngata can be the player he was supposed to be coming out of high school.

Johnson should be a better version of Taulapapa.