Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

As Huskies Stock Up on Running Backs for 2023, We Rank Them

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,270 Swaye's Wigwam

The way Nixon just disappeared was a little surprising. He was getting some snaps early and then was just gone. I think he is out. Dumas too. I've heard Sunday can't catch the ball so he is probably out. I hope Adams stays

Nixon was #2 because Davis and Newton hadn’t played in fall camp. I remember Grubb saying they had proven nothing and he had very little opinion of both.

Nixon couldn’t get on the field at Nebraska, albeit as a freshman. He’s not very good. Like Dumas, the coaches brought him on to add competition.

I think Davis or Newton leaves. Possibly Ngata too if he’s 3rd/4th string after Spring. Tybo Rodgers will be a good RB for us and it doesn’t always take RB’s 2+ years to make an impact.
    How is this all going to happen when we’re already full?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Who is the take-it-to-the-house back?

If we're ok with labeling Johnson as Papa 2.0 i'm good with the consistent churner who gains tough yards, keeps Penix erect, and can catch.

But whose the guy that's gonna blow the lid off when the D is worn down?

Still not sure there is one unless you're hoping Ngata can be the player he was supposed to be coming out of high school.

Johnson should be a better version of Taulapapa.
    I'll take Texas Papa all day. The 42-yard run was a carbon copy of Chris Polk.

Quite honestly, from the highlights, he doesn't look like faster than Texas Papa

As you saw, our daWgs didn't show up to lose.

Fucking Quenten Moore showed out.

Penix struggled but everyone else hooked em
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

If we're ok with labeling Johnson as Papa 2.0 i'm good with the consistent churner who gains tough yards, keeps Penix erect, and can catch.

Still not sure there is one unless you're hoping Ngata can be the player he was supposed to be coming out of high school.

Quite honestly, from the highlights, he doesn't look like faster than Texas Papa

Penix looked like he had trust issues and just needed to let it rip

We beat Texas by 30 if we had Alamo Bowl KP1 playing in that game.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I heard Sunday already got kicked off

Supposedly Sunday gave Davis the concussion that kept him out of the Alamo Bowl.

He just sold the couch
    How did that happen?

Surprised Sunday never got any meaningful snaps. He looked like a better Dick Newt
    Davis was returning a KO and Sunday was on kick coverage I believe.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

I want to see more Moore. The two games I saw in person he stands the fuck out for being massive.

Not a TE but Kalepo is another guy that looks giant in a sea of giants.

I think the OL + TE are going to fuck people up. One of these backs better figure it out.

But how is Kalepo's beard?
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    I think Cuevas is probably TE1.

I like all of our guys, but the passing game at the position was mostly relegated to screens and misdirection type sideline plays. Cuevas looks like he may be able to attack the middle of the field.

That Utah and Michigan were in on him speaks volumes.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    Penace said:

I think Cuevas is probably TE1.

I like all of our guys, but the passing game at the position was mostly relegated to screens and misdirection type sideline plays. Cuevas looks like he may be able to attack the middle of the field.

That Utah and Michigan were in on him speaks volumes.

I think he will get targets. The staff likes to design plays that feature individual players, even role players, that can exploit their unique skills.

They even force fed Giles against UA, I believe, because they want to keep guys happy and involved.

There are already a lot of TE plays in this offense.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,806 Swaye's Wigwam

Westover needs to quit trying to long jump people.

He's trying to high hurdle people and his ganolies will ultimately pay the price.

NO BABIES FOR YOU!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    edited January 2023
    Doogles said:

He's a lot better than Papa. Papa was solid though. He was really good in the bowl game but he did leave a lot of yards on the field this year with his inability to make the first guy miss in space.

I heard Sunday already got kicked off

Supposedly Sunday gave Davis the concussion that kept him out of the Alamo Bowl.

He just sold the couch
    How did that happen?

Surprised Sunday never got any meaningful snaps. He looked like a better Dick Newt
    Can't catch. Can't pass block. Can't move laterally. Can't play for Grubb. Cam and Johnson will split the bulk of the carries. Ngata will be the change up back.

haie said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Our TE group is so fucking loaded. No surefire Jeramy Stevens or ASJ type, but there are 3+ NFL players in that group.

Westover is a great athlete and sneaky good. Best athlete of the group. I really like him because he can go outside and in the slot and hit the blocks on DB’s.

Not every TE needs to be 6’6” 260+. Westover at 6’3” 245, 4.6 speed, 38+ vert, and quickness is a great fit in this offense. He has some experience at fullback. Watch, he will play 5-10 years in the NFL.

Culp is huge and is a good player despite the annoying drops. I don’t think he’s as good of athlete as he was hyped to be, but he’s a good player.

Moore is still raw, but he’s huge and was the blocking TE. He has a lot of room for improvement. He played a good amount of snaps and his snap count was often pretty close to Westy’s and Culp’s.

Otton is big, he’s gonna be a smart player, and hopefully he’s a bigger version of his brother. He will be good.

Cuervas killed it as a freshman in the FCS and had other big schools after him. I don’t think he plays a lot next year but he’s a good get.
    I bet Westover ends up in SF as UDFA and eventually takes over for Juscyk or however the fuck you spell it as their H Back. He's solid.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,413 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Westover needs to quit trying to long jump people.

Westover has one move and isn't afraid to use it at anytim.

I respect it.
    We already have a @WestoversMouthguard. We don't need someone registering as @WestoversGanolies