Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2023 Offseason Circle Jerk Ideas & Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,817
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

My initial thoughts are that it would be hard to recapture the magic of the OG Circle Jerk Tournament. 2019 was such a speshial moment in time for the HH community.

That said, it seems there's plenty of other good territory to mine for tournaments.

We? could do a tournament of all the notable characters you've left out of other tournaments.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

My first thought was a shit pole to gauge interest but I honestly wasn't sure what to input. We could just run back the original format and rank posters based on how much we like them or enjoy their posts. Always fun, and plenty has changed since 2019. I would for sure change the profiles of each of the brackets, we wouldn't group HHB OGs together or millennials, for example. It would be randomized if I can't find categories I'm happy with. Also, we could easily have a dead posters bracket too, some huge hitters haven't been around in a while and this could be fun to reminisce or even guilt them into coming back. No time like the present.

Other ideas I had:

- Tourney of our favorite plays of the 2022 season (Penix to Taj in Autzen is a 1 seed for sure). We could quite easily find 64 high-impact plays. It could also help grow the site as people tweet this shit out and others are encouraged to register and vote/engage.
    - P5 Program Rankings outside of UW. I wouldn't do all-time greatness as the analytics do a lot of that for us, but something along these lines. Or maybe likability rankings. People always have random teams outside their immediate fandom they like/dislike for some reason. I've always liked Wisconsin, for example. Can't explain it.
    - All time UW seasons?
    - All time UW plays?
    - All time PLSS rants (LOL)? Are all of them archived anywhere?

Or maybe no one gives a shit anymore. Sounds like I care. Or something.

@DerekJohnson asked me to do a new board motto tournament, and I have that planned for later this month
    I did?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't remember that. I might have cracked a joke and you took it serious. In any event, it sounds fine to me. Sally fucking forth
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,455

Gladstone said:

My first thought was a shit pole to gauge interest but I honestly wasn't sure what to input. We could just run back the original format and rank posters based on how much we like them or enjoy their posts. Always fun, and plenty has changed since 2019. I would for sure change the profiles of each of the brackets, we wouldn't group HHB OGs together or millennials, for example. It would be randomized if I can't find categories I'm happy with. Also, we could easily have a dead posters bracket too, some huge hitters haven't been around in a while and this could be fun to reminisce or even guilt them into coming back. No time like the present.

Other ideas I had:

- Tourney of our favorite plays of the 2022 season (Penix to Taj in Autzen is a 1 seed for sure). We could quite easily find 64 high-impact plays. It could also help grow the site as people tweet this shit out and others are encouraged to register and vote/engage.
    - P5 Program Rankings outside of UW. I wouldn't do all-time greatness as the analytics do a lot of that for us, but something along these lines. Or maybe likability rankings. People always have random teams outside their immediate fandom they like/dislike for some reason. I've always liked Wisconsin, for example. Can't explain it.
    - All time UW seasons?
    - All time UW plays?

@DerekJohnson asked me to do a new board motto tournament, and I have that planned for later this month
    I did?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't remember that. I might have cracked a joke and you took it serious. In any event, it sounds fine to me. Sally fucking forth
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1736931/#Comment_1736931

Even if I'm not given the gulag assignment, it'll be fun for a few weeks in January
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,505
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Honestly, the reason I didn't bring up former UW players is because my knowledge of 90s and earlier teams is pretty lacking. I watched 91 tape as a little kid but as a fan I didn't really start getting dialed in until 2000, a very formative year for me. It was that Tui team that cemented my love of many things. I will probably start with a different subject, but I encourage some of the OGs here to run with that top players ever idea. For the record, my vote would be for Gaskin.

That's what is interesting to me. The different generations here

But I'm lazy er busy running a bidness
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

Other ideas I had:

- All time UW seasons?
    - All time UW plays?

Cool post but where and when are we meeting up for the circle jerk?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Honestly, the reason I didn't bring up former UW players is because my knowledge of 90s and earlier teams is pretty lacking. I watched 91 tape as a little kid but as a fan I didn't really start getting dialed in until 2000, a very formative year for me. It was that Tui team that cemented my love of many things. I will probably start with a different subject, but I encourage some of the OGs here to run with that top players ever idea. For the record, my vote would be for Gaskin.

I have to laugh at myself about this. I still have a hard time thinking of myself as an older guy, or even an adult half of the time. Yet somehow I've lately realized that, with my vague memory of some 80s players and games and my attendance at most home games from 90-93, I'm among the old men at this place.

I agree with whomever suggested bracketing a favorite player tourney so that it's 80s and earlier, 90s, 00s, and 11-22. The 80s and earlier bracket is bound to get the short end though.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

Gladstone said:

Other ideas I had:

- All time UW seasons?
    - All time UW plays?

@huskyhooligan is the go to guy at HH for this type of activity. I’ll defer to his judgement on the best location for the circle jerk.
    Just follow the trail of queso. I know what you like.

I'm currently doing a YMCA tour of western washington. I'll be the one giving faggy winks during spin class wearing a husky starter jacket.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

Gladstone said:

Other ideas I had:

- All time UW seasons?
    - All time UW plays?

Enumclaw Truck Stop is what I'm hearing.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Other ideas I had:

- All time UW seasons?
    - All time UW plays?

I did?

Even if I'm not given the gulag assignment, it'll be fun for a few weeks in January
    Do you not recognize sarcasm when you see it, dear sir?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Gladstone said:

Other ideas I had:

- All time UW seasons?
    - All time UW plays?

I did?

But it's still a tits idea.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Other ideas I had:

- All time UW seasons?
    - All time UW plays?

I did?

But it's still a tits idea.
    +1
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,298
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Good ideas here.

We should also rate Pac-12 twitterers or something. There is enough crossover.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Gladstone said:

I have to laugh at myself about this. I still have a hard time thinking of myself as an older guy, or even an adult half of the time. Yet somehow I've lately realized that, with my vague memory of some 80s players and games and my attendance at most home games from 90-93, I'm among the old men at this place.

I agree with whomever suggested bracketing a favorite player tourney so that it's 80s and earlier, 90s, 00s, and 11-22. The 80s and earlier bracket is bound to get the short end though.
    How about players before college football started (<1994) and players after college football started (1994-)
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,455
    How about Derek does 1 new crockpot recipe a month and reviews it?

The air fryer thread shows how many poasters here are interested in food
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,505
    Swaye's Wigwam

The air fryer thread shows how many poasters here are gay

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The air fryer thread shows how many poasters here are gay