Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2023 Offseason Circle Jerk Ideas & Discussion Thread

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
My first thought was a shit pole to gauge interest but I honestly wasn't sure what to input. We could just run back the original format and rank posters based on how much we like them or enjoy their posts. Always fun, and plenty has changed since 2019. I would for sure change the profiles of each of the brackets, we wouldn't group HHB OGs together or millennials, for example. It would be randomized if I can't find categories I'm happy with. Also, we could easily have a dead posters bracket too, some huge hitters haven't been around in a while and this could be fun to reminisce or even guilt them into coming back. No time like the present.

Other ideas I had:

- Tourney of our favorite plays of the 2022 season (Penix to Taj in Autzen is a 1 seed for sure). We could quite easily find 64 high-impact plays. It could also help grow the site as people tweet this shit out and others are encouraged to register and vote/engage.
- P5 Program Rankings outside of UW. I wouldn't do all-time greatness as the analytics do a lot of that for us, but something along these lines. Or maybe likability rankings. People always have random teams outside their immediate fandom they like/dislike for some reason. I've always liked Wisconsin, for example. Can't explain it.
- All time UW seasons?
- All time UW plays?
- All time PLSS rants (LOL)? Are all of them archived anywhere?

Or maybe no one gives a shit anymore. Sounds like I care. Or something.

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

I also like the idea of a "dead" posters

@trublue does too
    HA!
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I like the dead posters idea. Tourney of the Dead. Also, how about a favorite UW player of all tim contest? Really unearth those Locker lovers, and see once and for all if Tui or Emptermann is the GOAT. Make sure Ruperake is a 16 seed.

edit: I am voting Gaskin or Gaines, or maybe Nip/Nap, or maybe someone else. This would be fun. How about Tripplet? Maybe Bailey? Or Moon? Sixkiller (fuck off whitey)? Hugh Mclwhatsy? Billy Joe? Dillon? Olin the death machine? Benji? RW? Joe mother fucking Steele? This is just top of my head. I'll shut up now.

Wow. No love for Center. What's wrong with you?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,125
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'll propose another pole category. Most embarrassing former Pac12 player/alum on social media.

It'd come down to Jordan Reffett vs Nick Cody but it would still be a fun process.

Joey Harrington vs Jason Gesser
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just pick one and run with it. You'll do a great job, and the timing is just right for an entertaining circle jerk, with the hoops only dark period oncoming. *We will run out of things to shit post about over the coming weeks and months.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I like the dead posters idea. Tourney of the Dead. Also, how about a favorite UW player of all tim contest? Really unearth those Locker lovers, and see once and for all if Tui or Emptermann is the GOAT. Make sure Ruperake is a 16 seed.

edit: I am voting Gaskin or Gaines, or maybe Nip/Nap, or maybe someone else. This would be fun. How about Tripplet? Maybe Bailey? Or Moon? Sixkiller (fuck off whitey)? Hugh Mclwhatsy? Billy Joe? Dillon? Olin the death machine? Benji? RW? Joe mother fucking Steele? This is just top of my head. I'll shut up now.

Dead posters is intriguing, but are there enough for like a 32 team bracket? Does @puppylove_sugarsteel count as dead?

I also like greatest UW players of all time, which interestingly enough has never been done here. The only tourneys we've had here are music, movies, TV, hottest actresses, and favorite poaster. Sure Tui and Stan would be odds on favorites but there would be lots of other intriguing match ups especially in the early rounds. @Gladstone could have everybody submit their nominations for top 10 and then seeds based off that input.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

My initial thoughts are that it would be hard to recapture the magic of the OG Circle Jerk Tournament. 2019 was such a speshial moment in time for the HH community.

That said, it seems there's plenty of other good territory to mine for tournaments.

Might as well not even play the polls then.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    Gladstone said:

My first thought was a shit pole to gauge interest but I honestly wasn't sure what to input. We could just run back the original format and rank posters based on how much we like them or enjoy their posts. Always fun, and plenty has changed since 2019. I would for sure change the profiles of each of the brackets, we wouldn't group HHB OGs together or millennials, for example. It would be randomized if I can't find categories I'm happy with. Also, we could easily have a dead posters bracket too, some huge hitters haven't been around in a while and this could be fun to reminisce or even guilt them into coming back. No time like the present.

Other ideas I had:

- Tourney of our favorite plays of the 2022 season (Penix to Taj in Autzen is a 1 seed for sure). We could quite easily find 64 high-impact plays. It could also help grow the site as people tweet this shit out and others are encouraged to register and vote/engage.
    - P5 Program Rankings outside of UW. I wouldn't do all-time greatness as the analytics do a lot of that for us, but something along these lines. Or maybe likability rankings. People always have random teams outside their immediate fandom they like/dislike for some reason. I've always liked Wisconsin, for example. Can't explain it.
    - All time UW seasons?
    - All time UW plays?
    - All time PLSS rants (LOL)? Are all of them archived anywhere?

Or maybe no one gives a shit anymore. Sounds like I care. Or something.

@DerekJohnson asked me to do a new board motto tournament, and I have that planned for later this month
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The favorite player would be interesting because of the generations that post here. The 91 DAWGS would win best team but Empterman might not win favorite player. I might go Billy Joe

Or I might go Sonny Sixkiller for the olds. Favorite isn't best. Its subjective

Make sure George Wilson is in the poll. Saw him play

You could bracket by era. Gil Dobie through the 50's. 60's-70s dawgs. 80-90s (tough bracket). 2000 +
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Or you could do some combo of Lineman, Back 7, Skill position, and QBs?