Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 701
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I think Cuevas is going to make an impact early. He's built like the Jimmy Graham era of TE...you could put him out wide in a bunch formation and do some interesting things. In today's modern TE = Jumbo WR he fits this mold well.

Really wanted a long threat at RB like Keaton Mitchell but I'm actually pleased about the Ngata addition. I think he can be shifty when he needs to be but gets yards you expect.

Germie Bernard - Will be in Top 4 of WR rotation next year. He's going to thrive in the KD/Grubb offense

Ralen Goforth - Brings the right attitude to the LB corps. If we can make strides at LB next year we've got a chance to be a really solid D.

I think the UW made themselves better. Portal guys all have more than a single season of eligibility beyond Goforth.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Goforth has 2 years.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Goforth has 2 years.

Covid year?
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I think Cuevas is going to make an impact early. He's built like the Jimmy Graham era of TE...you could put him out wide in a bunch formation and do some interesting things. In today's modern TE = Jumbo WR he fits this mold well.

Really wanted a long threat at RB like Keaton Mitchell but I'm actually pleased about the Ngata addition. I think he can be shifty when he needs to be but gets yards you expect.

Germie Bernard - Will be in Top 4 of WR rotation next year. He's going to thrive in the KD/Grubb offense

Ralen Goforth - Brings the right attitude to the LB corps. If we can make strides at LB next year we've got a chance to be a really solid D.

I think the UW made themselves better. Portal guys all have more than a single season of eligibility beyond Goforth.

Jimmy graham 2.0
    Great… so he’s built like a sculpted Greek god but he’ll be so soft he’ll never break a tackle
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Goforth has 2 years.

Does he really? I didn’t realize that. I like that pick up even more now. I thought he was one and done
    Founders Club

Goforth has 2 years.

He has 2 to play 1. He appeared in 12 games as a freshman in 2019, gets a Covid year for 2020, then played in 21 and 22. He only has one year left unless he redshirts next year, which he won’t unless he gets hurt.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Only played in five games in 2020 and got hurt in one of them. Might have a case for an injury redshirt.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Goforth has 2 years.

He has 2 to play 1. He appeared in 12 games as a freshman in 2019, gets a Covid year for 2020, then played in 21 and 22. He only has one year left unless he redshirts next year, which he won’t unless he gets hurt.
    saw vorel say 2
    Founders Club

Only played in five games in 2020 and got hurt in one of them. Might have a case for an injury redshirt.

Right, but that year already doesn’t count, so I don’t see how he gets a 5th year
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Right, but that year already doesn’t count, so I don’t see how he gets a 5th year
    Because some players played double digit games that year and still got an extra year.
    Founders Club

Because some players played double digit games that year and still got an extra year.
    Chinteresting. That would be really weird if he got 2 extra years of eligibility off the Rona season. I wouldn't complain. That would be great if we got 2 years of him. Worst case, he's solid depth at a position we're shockingly thin at.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

wouldn’t be that hard to imagine LB being next years DB if a couple guys get hurt

Agree. PWOs are currently running third string. That’s too close to starting.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

wouldn’t be that hard to imagine LB being next years DB if a couple guys get hurt

We only have 3 LB on the roster who played in 2022: Ulofoshio, Tuputala, Bruener

Demario King should be healthy for 2023, Goforth is transferring in, and Bryant and Whitney are freshmen.

I could see another portal or two to provide actual depth since LB is prone to injuries and durability issues after a full season
    Hartineaux or whatever his name is should be a good LB
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We only have 3 LB on the roster who played in 2022: Ulofoshio, Tuputala, Bruener

Demario King should be healthy for 2023, Goforth is transferring in, and Bryant and Whitney are freshmen.

I could see another portal or two to provide actual depth since LB is prone to injuries and durability issues after a full season
    Hartineaux or whatever his name is should be a good LB
    I'm probably forgetting someone obvious, but am drawing a blank in who that is.

I think the two incoming freshmen are both just what we're asking for...smallish, fast, athletic guys who can chase down plays and lay the lumber and also run with guys coming out of the backfield.

They would help the rotation and upgrade the speed out there, but there's no excuse for relying on that with the portal out there. Go get at least one more, please.

I still like Ulo but counting on him being fully healthy or as athletic as he was before all the injuries isn't a sound strategy. Bruener is a good, instinctive hit man and I love him, but he's stiff and slow like Tupetala. These guys are OK, but the room needs more speed and more depth.