Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Duck fans. Explain to me

LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Explain to me your thoughts on the Will Stein as OC hire. Given Lanning is a defense guy, this seems important. stein seems like he is 2-3 years removed from high school Coaching.

I can’t think Oregon keeps striking gold with random hires. Why is this a good move for you? Are you concerned?

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,819
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    No response from the Quooks in over 3 hours in a serious football thread.

All the people who are fainting over lack of football talk in the Duck Refuse can shut up now.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2023
    Bill:

Didn’t know a “serious football thread” needed to be responded to in a particular time frame.

Most people have better things to do on New Years Eve, Bill.

Just sayin’.

Follow Haie/FTJ’s lead.

• Options
    BlueduckBlueduck Member Posts: 1,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

All the people who are fainting over lack of football talk in the Duck Refuse can shut up now.

Im reminded of the Coyote putting out a pile of bird seed and lying in wait for the Roadrunner to show up cartoon.
    Once agan.. silly dog versus smart bird
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bill has a time limit for responses.

LOL.........................
  • Options
    Arroyo and Moorhead were experienced guys. Dillingham was better than both. Stein did a nice job with USTA as his QB and WR thrived in his offense.

Maybe he’s bad, average, good or great in the PAC. Watching some vid of UTSA on offense makes you believe he knows what he’s doing.

Tim will tell and I’m not concerned he was coaching HS ball 3 years ago. It’s turning into a young coaches game.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 876
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    LawDawg1 said:

Explain to me your thoughts on the Will Stein as OC hire. Given Lanning is a defense guy, this seems important. stein seems like he is 2-3 years removed from high school Coaching.

I can’t think Oregon keeps striking gold with random hires. Why is this a good move for you? Are you concerned?

1 ) Why is this a good move?

-Stein designed and executed one of the most dynamic offenses in FBS at UTSA, a school that saw surprising success against foes with far greater "talent" aka star ratings.

-compelling evidence that Stein is able to mold his offense to his talent and/or develop players to fit the offense. That is, actually coach.

-strong ties to Texas recruiting. Needs no explanation

-Lanning and he obviously go back a ways and thus have high probability of working g well together.

-Stein's offense fits well with the balanced attack Oregon is trying to reestablish under Lanning

2) Are you concerned?

-Yes, of course. Anyone who assumes this will be a home run before seeing results is a quook.

-Inexperience could lead to bad or unnecessarily risky decisions such as those witnessed this season.

-LIPO
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    Blueduck said:

Im reminded of the Coyote putting out a pile of bird seed and lying in wait for the Roadrunner to show up cartoon.
    Uhh yeah

You really got me there

These morons check this board hourly. Trublue was PMing me last night, trying again to be my friend. Try again.
  • Options

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

These morons check this board hourly. Trublue was PMing me last night, trying again to be my friend. Try again.
    I don't camp here, live here or troll, I check the board every day or so...
    For someone to put a time limit "or else you are x" is quite childish especially when the "serious football thread" is obviously a fishing expedition to troll anyone who responds.

If this sub forum was called "Troll the Ducks" then I might not have expected reasonable intellectual discussion.
    It indeed is called "Duck Refuge" "Refuge" being the key.
    The constant trolling here by a small band of halfwits who claim they want serious discussion is laughable and embarasses the HH board as a whole.

I get snark and sarcasm, that is normal for rivals but it's beyond childish at this point.
    You are not fooling anyone, just making a fool of yourselves.

Ill be watching and waiting for actual "serious football discussion" to respond to...might be a long wait.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

For someone to put a time limit "or else you are x" is quite childish especially when the "serious football thread" is obviously a fishing expedition to troll anyone who responds.

If this sub forum was called "Troll the Ducks" then I might not have expected reasonable intellectual discussion.
    The constant trolling here by a small band of halfwits who claim they want serious discussion is laughable and embarasses the HH board as a whole.

I get snark and sarcasm, that is normal for rivals but it's beyond childish at this point.

Ill be watching and waiting for actual "serious football discussion" to respond to...might be a long wait.

lol

try esuck

It's more your speed

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

Refuge from what?

Every single one of you except ntxduck fit right in at FishDuck.
  • Options

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

lol

try esuck

It's more your speed

This board is advertised as a Duck Refuge
    If you don't understand the meaning of the word refuge then you might not be old enough to get on this ride.

Refuge implies a safe place, not an ambush.
    I know the 3-4 of you knuckle draggers dont understand and think it means you can crap where you eat.
    Claiming to want serious discussion so you can fling poo doesn't jive with being the educated refined snobs Husky Alum claim to be.
    I expect more and would hope your mommys expect more from you.
  • Options
    haie said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

Refuge from what?

Umm.. I wasn't worthy of a response from you before because of my poast count, I see Ive impressed you and graduated beyond your mathmatical abilities now..

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2023
    Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

Not attempting to troll. I just don’t get the hire but also know Oregon has made several of these hires out of the blue that worked out. I’m sure you guys have more info why this guy stood out. I never heard of Chip Kelly before Oregon promoted him to HC. This seems like another stretch but maybe it’s gold like some of the other hires. Enlighten me. From above it seems 1 good year at UTSA is all it took. Is there more?

Edit: also from above, I didn’t know Lanning had a prior connection.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    LawDawg1 said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

Not attempting to troll. I just don’t get the hire but also know Oregon has made several of these hires out of the blue that worked out. I’m sure you guys have more info why this guy stood out. I never heard of Chip Kelly before Oregon promoted him to HC. This seems like another stretch but maybe it’s gold like some of the other hires. Enlighten me. From above it seems 1 good year at UTSA is all it took. Is there more?

Im sorry, I didn't mean to imply the OP was a troll but the fact that FMB couldn't wait for a duck to respond before attempting to goad a response with an insult was a set up for a troll.

Fwiw.. I concur with both 46 and flatus.
    We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

• Options
    Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

lol

try esuck

It's more your speed

If you don't understand the meaning of the word refuge then you might not be old enough to get on this ride.

I know the 3-4 of you knuckle draggers dont understand and think it means you can crap where you eat.
    Claiming to want serious discussion so you can fling poo doesn't jive with being the educated refined snobs Husky Alum claim to be.
    Haie is a bitch just here to be a troll. He's dumb as fuck too.
    FTJ has been trying not to be Haie lately but that's called a split personality disorder.
    Bill is harmless because he adds fucking nothing.
    BTP has his moments.
    I don't have a problem with anyone else.
    Damone? He flamed out in about 3 days.
  • Options
    What some of the stupid as fuck here can't grasp is the fact that some of us poasting here quit educk when it became nothing more than a open circle jerk for all of the bandwagon fans who would cry "negaduck", when you pointed out that MH wasn't the right hire and promoting Pellum to DC was a FS.

LEAVE!
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    Founders Club

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

I’ve heard from many posters that tru thinks this is adult friend finder. Checks out.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

lol

try esuck

It's more your speed

Haie is a bitch just here to be a troll. He's dumb as fuck too.
    FTJ has been trying not to be Haie lately but that's called a split personality disorder.
    Bill is harmless because he adds fucking nothing.
    BTP has his moments.
    I don't have a problem with anyone else.
    Damone? He flamed out in about 3 days.
    Let me know if you can go a day without posting me about me, Fats. It’s too bad everyone knows that’s impossible because I’ve broken you.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 876
    Standard Supporter
    LawDawg1 said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

I viewed it as a serious football question, not trolling fwiw which is why I gave a serious answer.

I'll add that it was Stein's deep Texas HS roots that led Novosad, the elite 11 4star, to flip from Baylor to Oregon, salvaging the loss of Moore to ucla. I'm not convinced Novosad is going to be worth a shit given our recent history of not developing QBs (e.g., Ty Thompson, Jay Butterfield, Tyler Shough) but it's one example of an immediate impact the hire has made on recruiting.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blueduck said:

haie said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Uhh yeah

You really got me there

Refuge from what?

Umm.. I wasn't worthy of a response from you before because of my poast count, I see Ive impressed you and graduated beyond your mathmatical abilities now..

lol what?

Jesus dude. Come back next year and try again.