Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

when did Ty Willingham begin coaching the USA world cup team?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Soccer is a fag pussy sport.

Who fucking cares if we win or lose.

Is it September yet?

Yeah, but it's the worlds most popular sport and your just ignorant and feel this way because you don't understand it through your American-centric world view. And you're not very enlightened. Probably you're against free healthcare and retiring at 50 too.
    Cowherd had a good line today when people kept telling him it's the most popular sport. Rice is the most popular food in the world, but I'd still take kobe beef any day of the week. It's popular because it's accessible and a team from the Ivory Coast or Ghana doesn't need expensive equipment to play it.
    Bullshit. People in other countries have plenty of alternatives. They choose soccer, err, football because they prefer it.
    for most kids, the cost of a football helmet exceeds their annual food budget.

That's because you don't need a helmet to play rugby. No one gives a fuck about American football outside of the US, whether they can afford it or not. Sorry. I think that may be the source of your jealousy.
    Soccer is simply the sport Americans choose to fail at. Until the USA gets management to tell FIFA to fuck off, run it and fund it like winners, we will continue to lose... and soccer will remain a minor league sport in the US

Money has nothing to do with it. America is behind because it fails at scouting and developing talent. We send our best players to 4 years of college kick ball, while the rest of the world has players signing pro contracts at age 16. HTH.
    Hello there. It's hard to scout and develop talent when your most talented athletes choose to play better sports.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Yeah, but it's the worlds most popular sport and your just ignorant and feel this way because you don't understand it through your American-centric world view. And you're not very enlightened. Probably you're against free healthcare and retiring at 50 too.
    Cowherd had a good line today when people kept telling him it's the most popular sport. Rice is the most popular food in the world, but I'd still take kobe beef any day of the week. It's popular because it's accessible and a team from the Ivory Coast or Ghana doesn't need expensive equipment to play it.
    Bullshit. People in other countries have plenty of alternatives. They choose soccer, err, football because they prefer it.

That's because you don't need a helmet to play rugby. No one gives a fuck about American football outside of the US, whether they can afford it or not. Sorry. I think that may be the source of your jealousy.
    Soccer is simply the sport Americans choose to fail at. Until the USA gets management to tell FIFA to fuck off, run it and fund it like winners, we will continue to lose... and soccer will remain a minor league sport in the US

Money has nothing to do with it. America is behind because it fails at scouting and developing talent. We send our best players to 4 years of college kick ball, while the rest of the world has players signing pro contracts at age 16. HTH.
    Hello there. It's hard to scout and develop talent when your most talented athletes choose to play better sports.

Hope this helps.
    Talent for football/basketball =/= talent for soccer

Not even close. The best soccer players in the world are 5'7".

Keep pretending you know what you're talking about, though. It's good for a laugh.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

What a load of Euro horse shit. EVERY FUCKING KID PLAYS SOCCER IN AMERICA!

Soccer in the US then loses its best athletes to other US sports football, basketball and baseball. Why do you suppose that is?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There are more youth playing soccer in America than in Germany, France, and Great Britain combined. Chew on that for a bit. Let me know when you figure out how to scout that many kids over an entire continent.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Take this flaming pile of shit to the butt-fucking euro trash faggot bored to die, already.

Fuck off
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

Keep pretending you know what you're talking about, though. It's good for a laugh.
    Fair point. Good luck finding good 5'7" athletes in America.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

Fair point. Good luck finding good 5'7" athletes in America.
    CHRIST!
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

Have you ever heard of bing? I have. Germany is ranked #2 in the world, did you know that? I didn't. Did you know everybody on their roster is 6' to 6'6" ... with most being 6'2-6'4" ... with only two exceptions?

Bing sure did blow your fucking theory out of the water.
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

Have you ever heard of bing? I have. Germany is ranked #2 in the world, did you know that? I didn't. Did you know everybody on their roster is 6' to 6'6" ... with most being 6'2-6'4" ... with only two exceptions?

BOOM, roasted.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

Have you been doing bath salts?

I can think of four off the top of my head (Ozil, Gotze, Lahm, Reus) that are all below 6 ft. Germany is a big squad, though that's a fair point. Now go look at Spain (defending champs). Almost every good player they have is around 5'7" or so.

Go look at a list of the best players of all-time. That might help also.

• Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

I can think of four off the top of my head (Ozil, Gotze, Lahm, Reus) that are all below 6 ft. Germany is a big squad, though that's a fair point. Now go look at Spain (defending champs). Almost every good player they have is around 5'7" or so.

Rather than dig yourself deeper into your heaping pile of shit, next time just say, "No, I've never heard of Bing and choose to rely on my memory so when I get caught saying stupid shit I can bullshit my way through it without facts rather than discuss central issues in the thread."

Oh and, you want more proof? US kids who are 6'2" and under with choices abandon soccer for Lacrosse in droves ... why do you suppose that is?

• Options

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

Rather than dig yourself deeper into your heaping pile of shit, next time just say, "No, I've never heard of Bing and choose to rely on my memory so when I get caught saying stupid shit I can bullshit my way through it without facts rather than discuss central issues in the thread."

Oh and, you want more proof? US kids who are 6'2" and under with choices abandon soccer for Lacrosse in droves ... why do you suppose that is?

Lacrosse players throw better rape parties.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lacrosse? Seriously?
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

Better than soccer, sure. But we all know that basketball parties in Eugene are the gold standard.
  • Options
    Dardanus said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

Better than soccer, sure. But we all know that Autzen parking lot parties in Eugene are the gold standard.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It makes sense that many of the best soccer players are shorter. It doesn't matter though. The USA sucks because guys like Percy Harvin, Nate Robinson, and Russell Westbrook don't chose to play. If they started at a young age, it would be all over. No little Italian or Brit could hang with those guys.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

Is it September yet?

Hope this helps.

No. No I haven't?

Does Bing poast here?
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2014

The USA sucks because guys like Percy Harvin, Nate Robinson, and Russell Westbrook don't chose to play. If they started at a young age, it would be all over. No little Italian or Brit could hang with those guys.

I don't know. Soccer is a skill sport. Being a great athlete only takes you so far.
    That's actually the main problem with american soccer in my opinion, more than scouting or losing athletes to other sports (valid points though). The coaching isn't good enough in the US. American youths develop well physically and athletically, but they are not being taught ball skills enough. The national team is a good reflection of that. Always physical, always some fast players, always tough to beat, winning mentality, but at the end of the day they lack skills.
    I think there is something cultural here -look at this thread, you would never hear size arguments on a real soccer board.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    It's fucking soccer who gives a fuck?

This board should die in a mudslide for allowing faggy(75K) soccer talk.

FYFMFE