Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Richard Sherman buys Jamal Crawford's mansion in Maple Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Mosster47 said:

It's so dumb to hear poor people complain about athlete salaries as the spend all of their free time watching sports and spending 40% of their disposable income on tickets.

This is capitalism. You charge what people will pay.

I sat by a group of the grimiest people I have ever seen at the last Seahawks game I went to a few years ago. They were fat, had missing and rotten teeth, etc. They spend their money on season tickets and buy 3 $150 jerseys every year instead of fixing their teeth, buying some decent shoes, maybe upgrading their trash bucket they have been driving since '96. That's sports fans for you, particularly NFL fans.
    NFL fans are the trashiest. That said, it might be changing? The last NFL game I went to was Seahawks/Chiefs in 2010 and the people around us were pretty middle-class looking.

I know NFL attendance is down since 2007. Most of it is probably due to this economy. Maybe people don't want to be financially raped and pay for bullshit like "personal seat licenses" and are voting with their wallets.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Mosster47 said:

It's so dumb to hear poor people complain about athlete salaries as the spend all of their free time watching sports and spending 40% of their disposable income on tickets.

I sat by a group of the grimiest people I have ever seen at the last Seahawks game I went to a few years ago. They were fat, had missing and rotten teeth, etc. They spend their money on season tickets and buy 3 $150 jerseys every year instead of fixing their teeth, buying some decent shoes, maybe upgrading their trash bucket they have been driving since '96. That's sports fans for you, particularly NFL fans.
    NFL fans are the trashiest. That said, it might be changing? The last NFL game I went to was Seahawks/Chiefs in 2010 and the people around us were pretty middle-class looking.

I know NFL attendance is down since 2007. Most of it is probably due to this economy. Maybe people don't want to be financially raped and pay for bullshit like "personal seat licenses" and are voting with their wallets.
    So why is college football attendance down?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Mosster47 said:

So why is college football attendance down?
    Shit schedules, kickoff times vary from 11 a.m. to midnight, and with widescreen, flatscreen TVs, it's just like being there!!!11!!11
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'd like to see a day when school teachers have Maple Valley mansions and Seahawks live in Rainier Beach

Rainier Beach>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maple Valley

With a bullet.

DYSWIDT???
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'd like to see a day when school teachers have Maple Valley mansions and Seahawks live in Rainier Beach

Rainier Beach>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maple Valley

With a bullet.

DYSWIDT???
    tl, dr

Just give me the bullet poonts.