Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Discover, Tostitos to end title deals with playoff bowl games.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014
    Wait for it....
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOCKER!

I predicted this before Bleenor. The major bowels as we know them will be over soon.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    But did you know if before Ekland?

Wait for it....
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOCKER!

I predicted this before Bleenor. The major bowels as we know them will be over soon.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

But did you know if before Ekland?

Wait for it....

I'm 81% sure I did. People that said they could just incorporate the bowls into a playoff can suck it. There is no abundance here. One or the other.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Wait for it....

I predicted this before Bleenor. The major bowels as we knew them ended in 1998.

RIP
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Is anybody going to miss a 5th rate credit card and a 6th rate snack sponsoring a football game?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

Is anybody going to miss a 5th rate credit card and a 6th rate snack sponsoring a football game?

+1

They couldn't get Amex, Mastercard, or Visa? Or a higher end sponsor?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Sounds like some people are twisting.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    Good. I hate sponsors ruining the names of these bowl games.

Thank God the playoffs told Chik-fil-A to rename their bowl the Peach Bowl instead of the Chik-fil-A bowl. What a retarded name. Now they just need to change the names of the Capital One Bowl back to the Citrus (or Tangerine) Bowl, the TaxSlayer Bowl back to the Gator Bowl and the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl back to the Copper Bowl.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

The people cashing the checks might.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

OZONE said:

The people cashing the checks might.
    Then again, they might not. Sounds like it will be interesting either way. Stay tuned ;)
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

Only the Doogs.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wait for it....

So you're trying to say that the time honored tradition of the Grandaddy of em all won't be sponsored by Vizio someday?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Wait for it....

So you're trying to say that the time honored tradition of the Grandaddy of em all won't be sponsored by Vizio someday?
    No.. I'm saying the granddad of them all won't exist.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

Wait for it....

No.. I'm saying the granddad of them all won't exist.
    It will, but it's going to be a playoff game. It will no longer be a Big 10/ Pac 12 matchup.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444

a 16 team playoff

what a fucking dreckfest

16 teams should not be playing for a fucking national championship. If that happened last year, here's the shitty ass schedule that we would've seen:

1 Florida State
    2 Ohio State
    3 Auburn
    4 Alabama
    5 Missouri
    6 Oklahoma State
    7 Stanford
    8 South Carolina
    9 Baylor
    10 Michigan State
    11 Arizona State
    12 Oregon
    13 Clemson
    14 Northern Illinois
    15 LSU
    16 UCF

Yeah, I can name 12 teams there that don't deserve to be playing for the national championship. Hell, even 8 looks shitty.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited June 2014

a 16 team playoff

what a fucking dreckfest

16 teams should not be playing for a fucking national championship. If that happened last year, here's the shitty ass schedule that we would've seen:

1 Florida State
    2 Ohio State
    3 Auburn
    4 Alabama
    5 Missouri
    6 Oklahoma State
    7 Stanford
    8 South Carolina
    9 Baylor
    10 Michigan State
    11 Arizona State
    12 Oregon
    13 Clemson
    14 Northern Illinois
    15 LSU
    16 UCF

Yeah, I can name 12 teams there that don't deserve to be playing for the national championship. Hell, even 8 looks shitty.
    If any of them win four straight against the rest of that field they'd deserve the title.

See the NCAA tournament for details.

Hell, check any playoff anywhere. You let more in the field than deserve to be there so nobody has a legit gripe that they could have won the title. In hoops (which admittedly got too big with the move from 64 to 68) nobody complains about "we could have won the championship" they just complain "we should have made the tournament". That's the right level of controversy. What we have had with the 2 team playoff and legitimate championship caliber teams on the outside looking in is FS.

I'll be thrilled with an 8 team playoff, but Damone's right it's headed to 16, and the bowels will die. And in the process, we'll have a REAL national champion for once.

#HiOBK
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dnc said:

a 16 team playoff

what a fucking dreckfest

1 Florida State
    2 Ohio State
    3 Auburn
    4 Alabama
    5 Missouri
    6 Oklahoma State
    7 Stanford
    8 South Carolina
    9 Baylor
    10 Michigan State
    11 Arizona State
    12 Oregon
    13 Clemson
    14 Northern Illinois
    15 LSU
    16 UCF

If any of them win four straight against the rest of that field they'd deserve the title.

#HiOBK
    This! And I have $1000 bucks that says Oregon does it first.