Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If we? lose the Alamo bowl, hang the Kimmel Banner instead

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,579
    edited December 2022
    haie said:

I saw some Twitter cuogs complaining how they won't go to any more bowl games because players don't give a shit anymore. WSU needs to decline the invite.

Ugh, WSU, if they were even good, peaked pretty early in the season with the Wisconsin and Oregon games. They weren't good because their offense sucks. OC seems retarded, 1/10 pass plays designed past the line of scrimmage.

So I doubt they just mailed it in. Fresno has won something like 8-9 straight now.

I called Dickert being this boring coach who wouldn't be a good hire. He'd be fine at Wyoming or somewhere. WSU needs another coach on the spectrum like Dan Mullen or someone.

Their OC left. But yeah, two straight years dickert no-showed a bowl. Not a positive sign if you’re a coug fan. At least their qb didn’t quit at halftime this year. And they didn’t lose to a team who was supposed to play in a different bowl 4 days prior. So there’s improvement there?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

I saw some Twitter cuogs complaining how they won't go to any more bowl games because players don't give a shit anymore. WSU needs to decline the invite.

Ugh, WSU, if they were even good, peaked pretty early in the season with the Wisconsin and Oregon games. They weren't good because their offense sucks. OC seems retarded, 1/10 pass plays designed past the line of scrimmage.

So I doubt they just mailed it in. Fresno has won something like 8-9 straight now.

I called Dickert being this boring coach who wouldn't be a good hire. He'd be fine at Wyoming or somewhere. WSU needs another coach on the spectrum like Dan Mullen or someone.

Their OC left. But yeah, two straight years dickert no-showed a bowl. Not a positive sign if you’re a coug fan. At least their qb didn’t quit at halftime this year. And they didn’t lose to a team who was supposed to play in a different bowl 4 days prior. So there’s improvement there?
    OC and DC.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,797 Founders Club
    Dickert is now like 10-9 as a head coach. He took over a team that pre-Covid had gone to six or seven straight bowl games. Like the LA bowl the Alamo Bowl doesn’t mean anything but you don’t see UW guys opting out. This is a Dickert problem. If he fails to reach a bowl next year I’d move on from him.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

My problem is the playbook. It doesn't work that well in power 5, probably why he left for N Texas.

It's not a real air raid, it's some weird 2012/13 half assed Sark offense.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,811 Swaye's Wigwam

Dickert is now like 10-9 as a head coach. He took over a team that pre-Covid had gone to six or seven straight bowl games. Like the LA bowl the Alamo Bowl doesn’t mean anything but you don’t see UW guys opting out. This is a Dickert problem. If he fails to reach a bowl next year I’d move on from him.

Meh, that was all thanks to Leach. He was an anomaly in more ways than one. Coug Normal is scraping together a .500-ish season. Unless you get a coach who has a gimmick (hi Leach) you’re not going to recruit the kind of players who can compete with the top teams in the conference. (Have you ever spent any time at all in Pullman?)

TLDR: Good luck finding anyone better than Dickert.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,343 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

My problem is the playbook. It doesn't work that well in power 5, probably why he left for N Texas.

It's not a real air raid, it's some weird 2012/13 half assed Sark offense.
    Disagree

I was specifically told during the Apple cup they run the air raid
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,302
    Where’s the longer clip where he goes and kisses his mom?